The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

I just wish they would call a spade a spade and just give it a Justice League title. I cant think of another solo superhero film that is as unabashedly not interested in comic book lore of its titular character as this one.

I just wish they would call a spade a spade and just give it a Justice League title. I cant think of another solo superhero film that is as unabashedly not interested in comic book lore of its titular character as this one.
That's what they did with the animated movie version, but I suspect TPTB are still a little hesitant to release a live action movie with 'Justice League' in the title after the last fiasco.

I don't know how are they going to portray this but one thing I absolutely hate about superspeed in movies is that they show it in SLOW MOTION, which is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. It drives me crazy.
That's one thing Eternals did right.

makkari-eternals.gif

I don't know how are they going to portray this but one thing I absolutely hate about superspeed in movies is that they show it in SLOW MOTION, which is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. It drives me crazy.
First time I saw that was Lee Majors in The Six Million Dollar Man back in the 70s.

That's what they did with the animated movie version, but I suspect TPTB are still a little hesitant to release a live action movie with 'Justice League' in the title after the last fiasco.
Yeah but it could have at least been Flashpoint instead of Flash. It’s just hard to separate the knee jerk reaction- what are Batmen, Supergirl and Zod doing in a Flash movie?, when there has been a solo Flash movie in development way before Flashpoint or the tv show came out.
You can read between the lines to understand why, but TPTB could at least acknowledge that this isn’t really supposed to be Flashes’ spin-off and a full-on DC crossover event. Instead it’s just marketed as a Flash solo movie like its NBD to have two Batmen, Supergirl and Zod have more to do with it than your bread and butter Flash supporting characters.
Like Shazam Fury of the Gods lamely did the same thing by making up villains instead of tapping in to the unique stuff from the comics like the Monster Society of Evil. At least they admitted that they felt it wouldn’t fit with the story. No one’s doing that with Flash. It’s like no Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd or even Reverse Flash but who cares. It’s like if the first ever Spider-Man film had Loki and some made up villain.
DC already found a way to succeed by disregarding the SnyderVerse. First WW, Aquaman and first Shazam. Instead they’re addressing it head on with Flash.

Yeah but it could have at least been Flashpoint instead of Flash.
It's kinda like when Captain America: Civil War came out and people started arguing that it should have been an Avengers movie. The counter-argument was that whilst other Avengers feature in it it's very much Cap's story. I guess the same counter-argument could be made here; the story may involve several other heroes but it's very much Flash's story. Obviously I haven't seen it so I can't say how valid that is, but it was certainly true for the animated movie (which I'd have preferred to have seen marketed as The Flash: Flashpoint and not as a JL movie).

First time I saw that was Lee Majors in The Six Million Dollar Man back in the 70s.
After X-Men and Justice League did it, I actually prefer Eternals implementation. I can't remember how MCU Pietro worked.

After X-Men and Justice League did it, I actually prefer Eternals implementation. I can't remember how MCU Pietro worked.
Both, there are a couple of shots where you can see his actual speed (like when he is saving people from the train crash) but is mostly shown with slow motion.

It's kinda like when Captain America: Civil War came out and people started arguing that it should have been an Avengers movie. The counter-argument was that whilst other Avengers feature in it it's very much Cap's story. I guess the same counter-argument could be made here; the story may involve several other heroes but it's very much Flash's story. Obviously I haven't seen it so I can't say how valid that is, but it was certainly true for the animated movie (which I'd have preferred to have seen marketed as The Flash: Flashpoint and not as a JL movie).
Yeah but they’re basically doing Civil War as if the First Avenger and Winter Soldier don’t exist. Black Widow, like Flash in the DCEU, was a side character for much of the MCU then she got her own movie finally. Flash has just as much material for one. Yeah Arrowverse already did it but Batman has been done way more.
As much as I understood why no other DC characters were in Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy, it still sucked. It was like, how come DC can’t have fun like Marvel that way? But this is the opposite, like too many of the other DC characters and ignoring the milieu of the one whose film it is comes from.

It unorthodox the way they're going about it and yet....it works. At least going by how the movie looks from the trailer. It feels like. DC event film thats starring the Flash as opposed to a Flash solo movie but by all accounts they made it work even without a pre-established Flash solo film.

Yeah but they’re basically doing Civil War as if the First Avenger and Winter Soldier don’t exist.
Yes, obviously this is supposed to be Flash's first solo movie whereas Cap had already had two. I was purely addressing the inclusion of other heroes and whether despite that this could still be legitimately be called a Flash movie. I'm sure the argument will be as I said, that it's still ultimately Flash's story. Whether that holds or not remains to be seen, but I suspect it will.

Flash’s story only in bookends- and nothing much more than we already got from Snyder’s Justice League. Only Flash we’re getting that we don’t already know about is his mom and the different Barrys. That’s what really pisses me off. Part of what makes Flash special- more than one alter ego. Multiple Flashes are key to the story but instead of Jay, Wally or Bart its copies of Ezra. But really the villain is the most frustrating. A mutilated variant of Barry instead of Reverse Flash. Who cares of the show did him too much. Muschietti worked with ppl like Skarsgård or McAvoy on It that he could have had play Thawne. I’d rather see that than Keaton back as Batman.
I guess it’s fitting if Ezra is the villain of this movie’s existence anyway. Argh.

I think it'll deliver. It already looks 1000 times better than Justice League.

It’s not doing things much different than BvS or JL. Common complaints about those were using every excuse to makes references and introduce DC characters X Y and Z at the expense of more relevant content. But ppl think Keaton is supposed to make it all better. Well not if it’s a Flash movie. He would for Batman Beyond or whatever his own movie would be.

It’s not doing things much different than BvS or JL. Common complaints about those were using every excuse to makes references and introduce DC characters X Y and Z at the expense of more relevant content. But ppl think Keaton is supposed to make it all better. Well not if it’s a Flash movie. He would for Batman Beyond or whatever his own movie would be.
It's not just that Keaton 'makes it better'; although he's big the draw for me. It's pulled me in in a way that Justice League never did and looks a much better film. As for introducing DC characters X Y and Z at the expense of more relevant content, we have no idea if that's the case until we've seen it and how those characters weave into the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"