The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

I feel like it's the day time shots that are making certain things look rubbery. Still think this film is gonna be a huge hit with audiences.

Keaton's Batman in daylight without Burton's production design is what's so... distracting? I'm not saying is a bad thing, just that is radically different from the version of the character we used to know.

Keaton's Batman in daylight without Burton's production design is what's so... distracting? I'm not saying is a bad thing, just that is radically different from the version of the character we used to know.
It certainly is different seeing him not sticking to the shadows.

So strange seeing Batman out in daylight, especially Keaton’s Batman

LOVE that shot of Batman gliding away from the Batwing.

This movie seems to be pretty epic in scale, so it's not surprising to me that some shots aren't perfect. There's a ton of CGI required for this movie, so certain parts will inevitably have more polish than others.

This movie seems to be pretty epic in scale, so it's not surprising to me that some shots aren't perfect. There's a ton of CGI required for this movie, so certain parts will inevitably have more polish than others.
It’s just nice to get back to comic book iconography like that with Batman. Snyder’s films had a bit of that as well.

It’s just nice to get back to comic book iconography like that with Batman. Snyder’s films had a bit of that as well.
No matter how hard some try… those shots don’t do anything in terms of iconic as Batman boots in the mayor’s office, simply walking out of the shadow of a beam to greet Gordon, Batman/Catwoman silhouettes at dusk, or the overhead shot of Batman in Riddler’s apartment before ripping the carpet up.

THOSE are not copied from something, but evoke imagery that I’ve seen drawn by Phillips, Mazzucchelli, McDaniel, etc. // ultimately have more nerdy impact.

Than the dumb lightning shot in BvS or whatever Snyder tried to recreate.

Trailers are supposed to show their best stuff so it's a bit concerning that all their best stuff looks this unpolished even tho this movie has been in post-production for 2 years now.

The movie may be a great time be these CGI shots will never NOT be ugly as bad place to me. I’ve not yet seen a single shot of Supergirl in flight that looks remotely convincing as an actual person. The digital double is about on par with Routh’s from back in ‘06.

The movie may be a great time be these CGI shots will never NOT be ugly as bad place to me. I’ve not yet seen a single shot of Supergirl in flight that looks remotely convincing as an actual person. The digital double is about on par with Routh’s from back in ‘06.
Every single decision Muschietti has made regarding the VFX in this is just extraordinarily baffling. His Flash suit looks every bit as bad as the much maligned Ryan Reynolds CGI Green Lantern suit, his CGI Batfleck and Keaton action scenes look horrendous, Supergirl looks fake.

At least Marvel has the excuse of them rushing out their movies but Muschietti has had a ridiculous amount of time to work on this movie. And to Marvel's credit, at least they /try/ to frame their stuff in such a way where the bad CGI is hidden, like No Way Home's ending taking place at night. Instead, Muschietti puts it all on the most shiny of daylight as if he wanted to showcase just how bad the CGI is. And with some slow-mo shots like in the first trailer which just highlight it even more. It's not even the sort of thing that's easy to brush off because he puts it so in the forefront it just begs you to notice all the flaws.

Even if the movie turns out fine I can't help but feel it'd have more to do with a really tight script rather than the direction because there's pretty much nothing about the direction in this that seems good. It's filled with decisions that only a person that doesn't have the slightest clue on how to use visual effects would make.

Last edited:
It certainly doesn't look like the CW as someone suggested a page or 2 back lol Supergirl looked good in the actual trailer. The little TV spot here is compressed to shirt too

The CGI is certainly iffy in spots, fine at best, but idk if its indicative of a bad filmmaker. That's all very, hilariously, dramatic. None of this stuff looks worse than Ryan forking Reynolds' GL suit or Routh either lol

Last edited:
No matter how hard some try… those shots don’t do anything in terms of iconic as Batman boots in the mayor’s office, simply walking out of the shadow of a beam to greet Gordon, Batman/Catwoman silhouettes at dusk, or the overhead shot of Batman in Riddler’s apartment before ripping the carpet up.

THOSE are not copied from something, but evoke imagery that I’ve seen drawn by Phillips, Mazzucchelli, McDaniel, etc. // ultimately have more nerdy impact.

Than the dumb lightning shot in BvS or whatever Snyder tried to recreate.
I liked The Batman, but I prefer a Batman that leans more into the fantastical. There were elements of that movie that rubbed me the wrong way like Batman only having equipment that a cop would use, or foregoing a classic Batman glider in the shape of batwings because it’d be too unrealistic. There’s a certain point where it’s so grounded that it just sucks all the fun out of Batman. I think Nolan was able to find a nice middle ground in that regard.

I don’t like BvS, I only mention Snyder because he and Muschetti are the only filmmakers post Schumacher that aren’t limiting themselves by trying to ground Batman and his world.

Getting a little scared... Keaton isn't sounding like 'Keaton' in these little clips.

His voice isn't as gruff as 1992... its been 30 years, he should sound more gruff.
He sounded “gruff” in the teaser when he says “We try not to die”.

Yeah, it always feels kind of silly, but now we're talking about promoting a trailer almost two weeks before its release.

He sounded “gruff” in the teaser when he says “We try not to die”.
Maybe meant to say his overall pacing of words... I don't know. Something feels very off.

Keaton's Batman is more ingrained into my brain than most of my cousin's names, let alone kids I went to school with. He's part of my dna and this point. He's not coming off as himself...

Every word Keaton said in 89/Returns was calm and calculative.

I'm not blaming Michael, totally feel this is all due to the director.

Even the initial Flash trailer 'I'm Batman' was off, slightly tongue in cheek.

And, we know he still has that og cadence ala that graduation speech from a few years ago.

The tone is very lighthearted in comparison to the Burton films. I definitely like what I've seen so far of keaton but I do have worries that the early hype for this may be a tad overblown. There's so much CGI in here too, and while i figured there would be, there's A LOT. But we shall see on the 25th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"