The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

He's going to suit up to get that nostalgia pop. I just hope he actually is used to mentor Batgirl in subsequent films and she's the one on the Justice League roster. I just love the idea of replacing Terry McGinnis Batman with Barbara Gordon Batgirl, ignoring the two Keaton-less films and establishing Babs as the granddaughter of Jim Gordon so you can do a Batman Beyond type film without having someone other than Bruce as Batman, and you're using a more popular character in Batgirl too. Plus you can choose to go futuristic (My preference) or not.
Batgirl more popular than Batman?

I think not! o_O

But not Bruce Wayne. Oh no.

Best avoid the CW shows then. :p
Obviously. I would just rather not have a 70 something Batman out in the field with the Justice League. Let's use Keaton to setup up Barbara, Dick, Tim, Cassie, Carrie, or Stephanie so you still have the Bat legacy on the active League roster.

Obviously. I would just rather not have a 70 something Batman out in the field with the Justice League. Let's use Keaton to setup up Barbara, Dick, Tim, Cassie, Carrie, or Stephanie so you still have the Bat legacy on the active League roster.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind that either. The Avengers of the MCU weren't the original founders, so why can't a Justice League exist without Batman? I'd be quite happy to see Batgirl introduced in his stead. Would aid in the male to female ratio aspect too, and then if Cavil can't, or doesn't want to commit to future films, they can always introduce a Supergirl in the same manner.

Just gotta' be careful not to end up with Titans, or Young Justice. I actually want to see the original league (at least mostly) team up a few times before a younger generation take over the mantle.

I forgot to list Terry there but I have no problem using him either. I just feel it's more beneficial to go with a Batgirl or Batwoman even.

So I guess Ezra's appearance on the CW Flash was basically telling us that the Flash movie will be multiverse based. Don't know if it's actually happening, but if Ben is coming back to film scenes that Snyder didn't get a chance to film the first time around for JL then that means there will be three live action Batman actors at the same time. Even though Justice League would be Ben's official last time playing the character.
EbTbhNDWsAUhwS4

I like 50% of this rumor, keaton back is that 50%.
The idea that this might be something like the DC version of Tony and Peter...im not liking.
But we will see how this all turns out, such rumors can fast turn into fake.

But honestly would love to see keaton and burton back for a final third movie in "their" universe.
If Keaton's Bruce is going to be the recurring mentor character for Barry in the Flash movies then I can see him replacing Affleck. The one thing the two of their characters have in common is that their Batmen were killers. Keaton's Batman started killing people after he learned Joker was the person that killed his parents and then he kept killing in Batman Returns. Batman Forever references this when Bruce tells Dick why he shouldn't kill Two-Face for revenge. For BvS it just introduces us to a killer Batman and then he just gives up killing after Superman sacrifices himself. When it comes to killer Batmen I definitely prefer the approach with Keatons.

Something I've been thinking about...Keaton's Wayne mentoring in a compassionate way could redeem his killing...and in a meta sense, redeem other Batmen killing.

Barry runs back in time to when he was a young child to prevent his mother’s death In Flashpoint, right? So taking Ezra Miller’s age into account, that would be the early/mid- 90s or just after the events of Batman Returns which is hopefully where we can see a de-aged Keaton in all his rubber Batsuit & Anton Furst Batmobile glory.

I could see Barry’s Flashpoint-cracked present being a fusion of the comics’ Flashpoint & Kingdom Come (we even have a Shazam!). Bruce is using drones to protect the city, Alfred is long gone, etc. But go ahead and add all the FP trappings around him— from WW vs. Aquaman, to a sun-deprived Superman, whatever really.

And in Barry’s final showdown with Thawne, we see cracks of reality through the Speed Force—highlight DC/WB’s history of film, including Christopher Reeves and Lynda Carter. (Break the tension with a shot of Reynolds’ Green Lantern reality being eradicated for laugh-out-loud moment). Nolan. Schumacher. Superman Returns. Show it all. Even the Snyderverse—it’s all been happening through Barry’s eyes as part of Thawne’s manipulation of the multiverse to taunt with him.

And at the end, like all good crises, DC resets to Earth Prime, with Keaton a retired Bruce Wayne replacing Affleck & teaching DC’s heroes of tomorrow: Miller’s Flash, Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Momoa’s Aquaman, and Levi’s Shazam. It seems, for now, Pattinson’s Batman is over there just like Phoenix’s Joker—they can play in the next crises.

And set the stage for Keaton to return in a Batgirl film with J.K. Simmons as Gordon, and a new actress to play his granddaughter Barbara.

But maybe figure out Superman another day...unless we just go ahead and keep Cavill for these, and do a separate solo trilogy down the road with a new actor like Pattinson to run concurrently.

Reverse Flash seems like the likely villain if its based on Flashpoint and going through the multiverses. McAvoy or Hader maybe, if they keep it in the It family.

Twitter video link in the comments...

Friday, June 19, 2020

Blind Items Revealed #5

June 12, 2020

He isn't choking a woman this time, but this A-/B+ list superhero actor's career is hanging by the slimmest of fraying threads. So, damage control when a disturbing video of the actor reached social media. It was yanked down everywhere, but someone did manage to upload it to YouTube where it is unlisted. It is hard to tell whether it is mental health issues or drugs, or a combination of both.

Ezra Miller/The Flash

Barry runs back in time to when he was a young child to prevent his mother’s death In Flashpoint, right? So taking Ezra Miller’s age into account, that would be the early/mid- 90s or just after the events of Batman Returns which is hopefully where we can see a de-aged Keaton in all his rubber Batsuit & Anton Furst Batmobile glory.

I could see Barry’s Flashpoint-cracked present being a fusion of the comics’ Flashpoint & Kingdom Come (we even have a Shazam!). Bruce is using drones to protect the city, Alfred is long gone, etc. But go ahead and add all the FP trappings around him— from WW vs. Aquaman, to a sun-deprived Superman, whatever really.

And in Barry’s final showdown with Thawne, we see cracks of reality through the Speed Force—highlight DC/WB’s history of film, including Christopher Reeves and Lynda Carter. (Break the tension with a shot of Reynolds’ Green Lantern reality being eradicated for laugh-out-loud moment). Nolan. Schumacher. Superman Returns. Show it all. Even the Snyderverse—it’s all been happening through Barry’s eyes as part of Thawne’s manipulation of the multiverse to taunt with him.

And at the end, like all good crises, DC resets to Earth Prime, with Keaton a retired Bruce Wayne replacing Affleck & teaching DC’s heroes of tomorrow: Miller’s Flash, Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Momoa’s Aquaman, and Levi’s Shazam. It seems, for now, Pattinson’s Batman is over there just like Phoenix’s Joker—they can play in the next crises.

And set the stage for Keaton to return in a Batgirl film with J.K. Simmons as Gordon, and a new actress to play his granddaughter Barbara.

But maybe figure out Superman another day...unless we just go ahead and keep Cavill for these, and do a separate solo trilogy down the road with a new actor like Pattinson to run concurrently.

I'm not too familiar with the workings of flashpoint, speed force etc.. but I like this idea.. that maybe the universe was always one, but Thawne went back and messed with time lines, creating the mutli-verse, spawning so many time lines through his actions, creating all the worlds we know, 66, 89, Nolan, etc... reeve, Reeves, cain etc and Barry learns of this and has the opportunity, if he can, to fix it, to make one prime universe - but the moral dilemma is what does it do, morally to eradicate and merge... what does that mean? even for himself... what version will he be after if any? will his memories be there? Will he be him? I like it tho... a way to merge it all and move forward.... I feel like the Reeve verse could be a pocket universe kept as collateral.

Not sure how his career can be considered to be hanging by a thread when he still has two big franchises. I think a recast is unlikely at this point

I thought about it, the movie can open with Barry waking up and it's a recast and he is legit like... hang on... what's all this? then his memories start to come back and the movie unravels... it actually would be a strong start to the movie, shakes the system up... like advertise it as an Ezra Miller movie, we know other Flashes and actors will be involved but like his role is actually minor... like maybe start with Grant Gustin and he has Ezra's DCEU memories merged with his own..

Too bad the kids from It are getting too old. Finn Wolfhard or Jaeden Martell as Kid Flash would be cool.

Imagine if they unveiled Keaton in character as old man bruce? Keaton holds the gaze and then says

"I'm still batman"

Imagine if they unveiled Keaton in character as old man bruce? Keaton holds the gaze and then says

"I'm still batman"

I expect them to confirm Keaton's casting, as well as Ray Fisher. Maybe some surprise confirmations to spice things up?

I expect them to confirm Keaton's casting, as well as Ray Fisher. Maybe some surprise confirmations to spice things up?

Let's speculate as to who would spice things up?

Personally - tv actors making the step over, only Grant Gustin in my opinion would generate some buzz. For his fans alone, he deserves something on the big screen and we have seen the two together already so maybe time to return the favour.

Joseph Gordon Levitt, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman really would be something - to me, personally. That opens up the whole Nolanverse which I unapologetically wanted to continue with the nightwing and the bat family alongside Cavill to keep the flame alive for a bale return somewhere down the line and focus more on batgirl, nightwing etc

What I think would be something, and this would to me, generate a buzz.... is have the original Burton Robin idea come to fruition when Marlon Wayan's was the first Robin and now 'nightwing' and Nic Cage as Clark Kent, retired from Superman. Cage needs this more than we do... a chance to get himself motivated and healthy and back on track - I say healthy, he's 56 and I feel like he could be in way better shape and mind set - but again, who am I to judge?

With........ Billy Zane as Luthor..

^I don't really see the Marlon Wayan's/ Nicolas Cage cameos being anything that would generate buzz, as those were never actually seen/ or even known about by the majority of the general public, that would just be an inside joke for fans

if you going to take the route of people who "almost" played a role, what about bringing back anyone for JL: Mortals?

an personally anything from the Nolanverse wouldn't do much for me, they completed their story arc (even if I didn't agree with the direction it took)... an I didn't really care for the whole John "Robin" Blake thing enough to want to see him as the next Bats/Nightwing/ or whatever he ended up becoming

there was some neat fan speculation at the time of what could have been/ or what he did after... but, it doesn't need to be explored

it's different then bringing Keaton back, as he never got a chance to complete his Bat story, and it was long enough ago for it to be a nostalgia thing to see him again in the role ... Nolanverse was only in the last 10-15 years

At the risk of upsetting some Snyder fans, the Flashpoint idea could offer them the opportunity to soft reboot, ignore the existence of BvS/JL and then pick and choose what elements and history they want to keep going forward.

This is obviously complicated by the release of Zack Snyder’s Justice League which, if successful, I’d expect HBOMax would want to continue. What would then come from that I’m not sure? Just JL 2&3 to complete his 5 part arc? Would Ben Affleck want to come back?

These are questions that will be answered going forward but if we hypothetically assume the Snyder cut is just a one-off that closes that chapter, you could end the Flashpoint movie creating a new DCEU timeline.

When the Flash resets the timeline and comes back to present day, Michael Keaton could be the Batman of the DCEU who has just retired from the Justice League and is about to pass the baton to Batgirl or Nightwing. You could then show Barry contacting Henry Cavill where it could pick up after Man of Steel or just Henry as Clark Kent who is working at the Daily Planet and we don’t know his history. Wonder Woman 3 could take place in the new present day timeline and her history remains the same (WW + WW1984).

^I don't really see the Marlon Wayan's/ Nicolas Cage cameos being anything that would generate buzz, as those were never actually seen/ or even known about by the majority of the general public, that would just be an inside joke for fans

if you going to take the route of people who "almost" played a role, what about bringing back anyone for JL: Mortals?

an personally anything from the Nolanverse wouldn't do much for me, they completed their story arc (even if I didn't agree with the direction it took)... an I didn't really care for the whole John "Robin" Blake thing enough to want to see him as the next Bats/Nightwing/ or whatever he ended up becoming

there was some neat fan speculation at the time of what could have been/ or what he did after... but, it doesn't need to be explored

it's different then bringing Keaton back, as he never got a chance to complete his Bat story, and it was long enough ago for it to be a nostalgia thing to see him again in the role ... Nolanverse was only in the last 10-15 years

As I said, this is my own personal opinion that I would like to see. We can agree to disagree.

At the risk of upsetting some Snyder fans, the Flashpoint idea could offer them the opportunity to soft reboot, ignore the existence of BvS/JL and then pick and choose what elements and history they want to keep going forward.

This is obviously complicated by the release of Zack Snyder’s Justice League which, if successful, I’d expect HBOMax would want to continue. What would then come from that I’m not sure? Just JL 2&3 to complete his 5 part arc? Would Ben Affleck want to come back?

These are questions that will be answered going forward but if we hypothetically assume the Snyder cut is just a one-off that closes that chapter, you could end the Flashpoint movie creating a new DCEU timeline.

When the Flash resets the timeline and comes back to present day, Michael Keaton could be the Batman of the DCEU who has just retired from the Justice League and is about to pass the baton to Batgirl or Nightwing. You could then show Barry contacting Henry Cavill where it could pick up after Man of Steel or just Henry as Clark Kent who is working at the Daily Planet and we don’t know his history. Wonder Woman 3 could take place in the new present day timeline and her history remains the same (WW + WW1984).

I like this, a lot and is something I have been saying all along and I believe a few more have hinted it could reset things.

I like the idea that Eobard Thawne - way back in the 30's was a college professor where a certain J Garrick entailed water vapours and had a flash of luck.... so to speak, becoming the first flash - which, was an extremely low key situation... more on that later.
He recreates the formula for himself, and is able temporarily mimic the flash in all things, but it being temporary, it's weaker... and he has less control - he is able to tap into the speed force - but he can't control it - he isn't able to return to the point he left, like Jay... thus, creating the multiverse, new time lines, fracturing time... up until then, there was only ever one time line, a universal rule as it has been messed with before. Filled with rage and wanting to go back, he tries and tried and failed, being lost int he speed force, watching from the outside of all these realities he has created... the tragic part is he has no concept of time... so he sees the creation and the destruction of universes... what he has also pondered is that each universe he created, the flash of each is unique and weaker in some aspects - no-one will probably be prime flash... no villain will be worthy, but it was too late as he is stuck. He has has had brushes with other versions of himself... but nothing is good enough to fix or control his mistake and the rage - it manifested him.

Until.... Barry Allen of the DCEU pops up. battle ensue, resulting in the multiverse converging to form one... where the energies of it all go to one prime universe and earth.

Which gives us the DCEU proper - which leaves the WW solos intact, MOS intact, Batman was around in the 80's/90's and at this point is now retired, with the bat family taken charge of Gotham.
SS never happened, BvS, JL, never happened...
Shazam! retconned so that the events of BvS and JL never happened,..
SS reboot happens, but, we have no mention of the bat family... because, well... it's easier that way.

Moving forward, Keaton leads the group.. when necessary... superman is the prime hero along with WW. Batgirl is the bat representitive..

We see more MOS sequels, we see bat family movies and Shazam! more AM, SS moving forward can involve the bat family...

Easy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"