The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

I saw somewhere that someone actually suggested Routh being brought into this and man do I love that idea. I wish they really would go all out with this one and consider bringing Bale into it as well even though I know Nolan wouldn't be all that pleased with it. My god at the possibilities though, especially seeing those two interact which is something I always wanted to see along with Keaton and Batfleck appearing.

It could actually be the good version of that CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover that we never got.

Ok cool that it connects to the multiverse and isn’t a standalone but is it a Flash or Batman movie? Have been excited since they said Muschietti was going to direct and still am. Good dude. But yeah there’s never been that definitive Flash movie so let’s get Flash characters.

It started off so well, a flash movie that retcon a few elements...

now it's dangerously teetering on bus territory where they shoe horn in characters to set up other franchises - DC HAVE YOU NOT LEARNT??

However, I do believe it can be done... esp if Batfleck is back... he knew what happened last time and wouldn't touch it if it was damaged goods.

I have zero issue with Keaton and Affleck appearing. I suspect Grant Gustin is gonna have a cameo in as well.

I think fans need to think of this film more in terms of Captain America Civil War as opposed to Captain America First Avenger.

In other words, this is much more of an ensemble crossover, universe building team up film, as opposed to a solo, standalone, origin film.

This is gonna be big like an Avengers type film. That's why WB is invested in this.

I think the studio has learnt from watching marvel and comparing to what they did with BvS and JL and it can work and be totally cool... plus, Flash/Barry is a good character to use in that sense...
The fact Batfleck is even back has my attention...

I hope we see Ben in costume again.
I feel it will be saved for something special, in the movie... but yes they have too otherwise it'll be seen as a negative...

From what i heard, it's more a mix between crisis on infinite earth (the most ambitious comics crossover of DC) and Flashpoint. So maybe we will see Brandon Routh as Superman and they team up (Batkeaton, Flash and Superman/Brandon Routh) to stop Zoom.

I said on a few pages back, what if it was deemed easier for the DCEU to replace Cavill with the cheaper Routh, have him be the prime superman... and have him do the cameo's Cavill wouldn't... (if they are keeping superman on ice) - have the movie end with it retconning Cavill for Routh - after all, he does have the Reeve DNA and hall pass with the theme which has been featured a lot.. plus Rouuth scored massive fan points for his KC.

This is total guess work but honestly nothing surprises me anymore.

guess I am saying I am happy to say bye to Cavill, hello to Routh if it means he cameo's for a couple of movies until they reboot superman in I would say 5 years or so ala The Batman.

How long ago was the "Flashpoint" aspect of this film known?

But now we gotta stop thinking about this as solely a Flash film?

We all knew that when this was locked in as a Flashpoint film. It's sort of always been a Captain America Civil War deal.

And... That wasn't a bad thing for Cap so...

I wouldn't get too excited about two Batmen. If what I've read to be true then Keaton has signed a multi-picture deal whereas Affleck hasn't, so there's a good chance that Flashpoint will erase Affleck and replace him with Keaton.

I think it can still very much be a Flash-centric film, as long as the other characters inform his story, which is certainly seems they will. There will probably be a bit of a "tour of the multiverse" element to it before things settle down, with cameos from other DC heroes/movieverses. Instead of globetrotting, think universe hopping.

Affleck's Bruce and Keaton's Bruce will likely serve in the mentor role, the entire thing will revolve around Barry learning what he can do in terms of time travel and the dangers of that, and there will probably be a bit of a mystery element to it, with Thawne behind the scenes a bit, and Barry developing as a detective in some capacity at the instruction of two of the world's greatest.

While I think things will still be based out of Central City, the approach gives The Flash more of a global, universal feel, putting him well on par with other superheroes.

I wouldn't get too excited about two Batmen. If what I've read to be true then Keaton has signed a multi-picture deal whereas Affleck hasn't, so there's a good chance that Flashpoint will erase Affleck and replace him with Keaton.
This is what I believe also.

I still have apprehension of using "Flashpoint" as the first Flash movie. I think we still need a lot of setup of Flash and his world and Flashpoint would have been a better second movie. But, it wouldn't be WB if they didn't heavily lean on Batman.

How long ago was the "Flashpoint" aspect of this film known?

But now we gotta stop thinking about this as solely a Flash film?

We all knew that when this was locked in as a Flashpoint film. It's sort of always been a Captain America Civil War deal.

And... That wasn't a bad thing for Cap so...

The bad thing is that CW was essentially Avengers 2.5. I felt that the Bucky/Steve story arc was rushed compared to how beautifully TWS set everything up.

I'd rather Flashpoint be more akin to X-Men: Days of Future Past in terms of story approach (and marketing).

I still have apprehension of using "Flashpoint" as the first Flash movie. I think we still need a lot of setup of Flash and his world and Flashpoint would have been a better second movie.
I'm inclined to agree, however I'm also ... open to this concept.

As per the CW Flashpoint, it's likely in name only; there's no Atlantan/Amazon was for one, and I doubt they're going to have any Batman kill Thawne.

This vision of the film, Barry is obviously still learning more about his abilities, and I figure he'll learn the hard way that you can't just change one thing in time without screwing up a whole lot more.

This will likely serve both as a learning curve and an exploration for Barry. It's not going to resemble much, if any of the comic flashpoint. Of that you/we can be sure!

I sure hope we get some more developments on The Flash at DC Fandome like if any of the cast will show up at Fandome? Or who the villain will be but also if there are any other Multiverse surprises

Okay that concept art of his new suit looked awesome. And that concept art definitely looked like Keaton’s Batman. And then they played the Elfman Batman theme. Oh yes.

Just caught few seconds of Ezra in Dc fandome. Yeah he's not going anywhere.

I'm just hoping they could finally film this next year.

The suit concept is pretty cool. Keaton Batman with Flash...awesome.

Does Barry really need Batman's assistance against goons? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"