The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Casablanca had a completely different ending before the studio meddled. The studio ending is one of the best of all time and made the film a classic...

Prometheus had no studio meddling and a beloved director...it was a friggin mess.

People want to believe that creatives are right in their decisions and studios are wrong. To them it makes the things they like "art" instead of just entertainment.

I mean it is art. And I don’t think it’s unfair if folks prefer films that are largely creative-driven works. I am someone that falls into that category.

The thing for me though, is that I’m okay with not liking the end product. I very openly hate WW84 as a film, but I’m glad Patty got to create her art and look forward to whatever project comes next. That means more to me than something as myopic as whether or not I like it.

A lot of fans, whether they want a filmmaker driven thing or wish the studio would step in, always seem to want someone punished when they don’t like a project. “So and so should never be allowed to make X kinda movies again!” I don’t jive with that as like a rule. I think if you enjoy making a kind of art then, other than it being like dangerous or wildly offensive, then you should be able to do your thing. I just don’t have to partake and will move on with my life.

people went from "WB should've stayed away from Snyder and Ayer" to "why WB let Patty do whatever she want, they should've stepped in" pretty quickly lol

I mean it is art. And I don’t think it’s unfair if folks prefer films that are largely creative-driven works. I am someone that falls into that category.

The thing for me though, is that I’m okay with not liking the end product. I very openly hate WW84 as a film, but I’m glad Patty got to create her art and look forward to whatever project comes next. That means more to me than something as myopic as whether or not I like it.

A lot of fans, whether they want a filmmaker driven thing or wish the studio would step in, always seem to want someone punished when they don’t like a project. “So and so should never be allowed to make X kinda movies again!” I don’t jive with that as like a rule. I think if you enjoy making a kind of art then, other than it being like dangerous or wildly offensive, then you should be able to do your thing. I just don’t have to partake and will move on with my life.

Well art is subjective so yes it is art but some things are more artistic than others. Calling something art (or cinema) is often used as a way to justify fans love of something most others don't like. For example, when many of us defended Snyder's films we called them deeper and more artistic than the average Marvel film. (we don't need to get into the truthiness of those statements) The refrain was often "Marvel makes Movies, DC makes Films" or some such variation. In reality that is bs. Just like the bs refrain that everyone who doesn't like something has no taste or just doesn't "get it". Sometimes you get it and just hate it...and that is fine. I hated The Last Jedi, doesn't mean I didn't get what Rian Johnson was trying to do. I got it, and it didn't work for me. If it worked for someone else good for them. (legitamtely I never begrudge people liking anything)

I agree with your second and third points. It sucks when I don't like something (like The Suicide Squad) but I have no issue with it being made and am glad Gunn got to do it because he obviously had a passion for it, plus Peacemaker is amazing. I like that Patty took a chance with WW84 even though it was a complete miss for me. I like that Aquaman is an 80s action film and Shazam is a lighthearted young adult comedy. I never got into the repeated episodic nature of the MCU so I love that DC makes a wide variety of films that often don't match up. That seems more legit to me cause that is what the world is like. I am still glad though that the MCU exists because I have a lot of friends that get a lot of joy out of it it just isn't for me. I think we might have hit a saturation point, but I would rather be where we are now than where will be if the capes go away. There is a lot of cool ideas out there being talked about and a lot of directors getting a lot of mainstream notice because of it. That is friggin important for the health of the film industry.

Sometimes projects just don't work even with the perfect director and studio behind it. There is never a need to punish, just move on. It is why I never got into fancasting...especially directors. That leads to tribalism and can cause bias for or against a film. I just want to enjoy it I don't care who made it or how it was made.

I admit, I used to be more tribal but the fans of the MCU (mostly non-comic fans...the GA so to speak) really shifted my thinking. I got so sick of people just attacking me for the movies I like (or TV shows...how dare I watch a sitcom one day I should be watching all the hour long dramas where there is 8 lines of dialogue every 15 minutes and all the navels are gazed at!!!) so I just stopped discussing it. A lot of people need a lot of validation for their tastes and I just don't. Just because I like a movie doesn't make it better or worse, it just means I like it. Same with you. I hope everyone likes the movies they take the time to watch whether it interests me or not. It doesn't cause me anything for Spiderman to do well, I just won't go see it cause it isn't my thing.

i don't know what's the issue. do we have to be nice to the Klan?

Seems that way.
Literally saw people call him "Woke" for it.

Dude, if we are in the timeline were some go "Cant be mean to Racists"...we are in a very bad timeline.

**** every nazi/racist out there, the more drop dead the better.
Quote me the **** on that.

You mean to tell me, the way he responds on that video is the way an adult responds... an adult that knows he is in public space, has all eyes on him.... a cryptic, weird, almost defensive rebuttal...

don't get me wrong, there is no time or space in the multiverse for the kkk... but the way he responded, that's cringe.... he just sounded rattled

Or maybe that's just him... that's just the way he acts...

which again, in my opinion, is unstable...

if that's the narrative you chose.

icegif-365.gif

you really don't need to continue this. I get it, my humour and sarcasm isn't always crystal clear... I enjoy these boards, all my posts are light hearted with no ill intent...

you just have to read what I wrote.... to see my views.

"don't get me wrong, there is no time or space in the multiverse for the kkk... but the way he responded, that's cringe.... he just sounded rattled"

The topic is on Ezra - that's the focus of my comment.

It's nice of you to jump to Da-scribes rescue, he doesn't need it tho, I respect his views, as always and no harm meant - I'm sure he'll say so and I'd be first to apologies if he felt it warranted.

But, babes.... it don't stop the fact Ezra is a muppet.

you really don't need to continue this. I get it, my humour and sarcasm isn't always crystal clear... I enjoy these boards, all my posts are light hearted with no ill intent...

"don't get me wrong, there is no time or space in the multiverse for the kkk... but the way he responded, that's cringe.... he just sounded rattled"

It's nice of you to jump to Da-scribes rescue, he doesn't need it tho, I respect his views, as always and no harm meant - I'm sure he'll say so and I'd be first to apologies if he felt it warranted.

No, yeah, I get that. I understand that the topic is on Ezra. I’m more concerned with the fact that you found his “behavior” more ponderous than members of the Klan going after his family. But hey, I’m sure that was just sarcasm.

You don't need to continue it either. No one thinks Da-Scribe needs a rescue. People being curious why someone feels so determined to change a conversation from, "KKK is bad" to, "the guy calling out the KKK is crazy", isn't exactly odd. Especially when they do it for multiple posts.

can we go back to Flash please ? (and yeah, **** kkk, they deserve the worst, in 2014, i punch one of them in the face, it was so good).

i have flash news for you, guys.

a new look of the design of flash and other dc characters to come.

FKwuUwgVUAQi47t

also according to KC walsh, there is no actual villain in physical form. the villain here is a concept of time, the speed force.

flash has probably one of the silliest and goofiest rogues gallery (except maybe reverse flash/Zoom), just by their names : captain boomerang, captain cold, gorilla grodd. some people think that the other barry could become an antagonist tho.

it would be really smart, different and ballsy to propose a superhero movie without an actual villain. it would change from the typical hero/villain stuff which became so redundant and would make flash unique while exploring the multiverse. Also flash is the most appropriate character to go in this direction when you see his ridiculous rogue gallery.

Man Vs Nature is a concept that suits Barry and is a thousand times more interesting that the tired trope of Hero Vs Villain with the same powers. It’s the type of creativity that the movie will need to stand out in this golden age of superhero movies.

I thought about that earlier and i'm just hoping it will be true. finger crossed (and **** kkk).

Last edited:
I hate the design of this suit. The cowl, the boots, the collar and the odd shaped neon lines over the body. I hope it looks better in movie but i looked bad in the first teaser trailer.

FKwuUwgVUAQi47t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"