The Amanda Waller/Cynthia Addai Robinson Thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by p4poetic, Mar 20, 2014.

1. p4poetic Registered

Season 3 preview

[​IMG]

2. ban1o Registered

So since every female character on this show that's not related to Oliver ends up romantically involved with him, who thinks that Amanda Waller and Oliver will eventually hook up lol?

3. p4poetic Registered

Judging by the trailer, I'm 99% sure that's not going to happen.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So relieved to see Waller is still he ruthless self

4. p4poetic Registered

Confirmed

http://www.examiner.com/article/arr...eisberg-on-oliver-and-felicity-and-their-date

Thank God.

5. p4poetic Registered

Janina Gavankar posted this on her Instagram

[​IMG]

janinagavankar .@CynthiaAddaiRob & I love a No Filter Makeup Free Friday.

Does this mean McKenna may be coming back on Arrow? (I mean, why else they would be hanging out right?) I hope so!

6. p4poetic Registered

Cynthia was really good tonight. I like the sound of her voice.

7. luis4u Registered

Glad she feels more comfortable with role now.

8. Boy Scout Registered

:up:

9. Nathan Registered

I found the the dialogue she had with Ollie after the bomb went off good, but I still find this Waller horribly written. So she's willing to lose the lives of innocent people, just so she can train a new operative? I find her worse than some of the villains on the show.

10. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

This is Amanda Waller we're talking about. She's SUPPOSED to be worse than a lot of the villains.

11. coluanprime Registered

Only when she's written by people who don't understand the depths of her character. If you want to see the Waller that actually has depth and complexities, watch any episode of Justice League Unlimited with her in it. Fantastic interpretation with more depth than the one shown in Arrow that just creates questions about how smart the rest of the world is. That said, I like Addai-Robinson, but I wish she had better material.

12. Nathan Registered

The JLU version is still my favorite interpretation of the character. Call my crazy, but I prefer a Waller that doesn't come across like a complete sociopath.

Heck, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Waller was the one that had the bomb planted, the guy that was supposed to be interrogated was one of her Agents, and she knew Oliver wouldn't torture him. Then a bunch civilians die, Ollie gets the necessary motivation to torture, and they bring out the real target for interrogation. That's how crazy I think this Waller is.

Waller seems to be completely irrational in general. So China White is such a high priority target, that she was willing to blow an entire plane filled with passengers out of the sky, and instead of letting one of her experienced Agents take care of the interrogation, to quickly find China White, she lets the new guy handle it.

#112 Nathan, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  13. Paradox1 Registered

I agree, I like her when she is written like this. Don't give me Nick Fury give me that cold hearted ruthless mofo that he tries to convince the world he is.

14. coluanprime Registered

It would be fine if she was written like this if she was a member of some secret evil organization. She isn't though, she works for the US government and among her failures, she has authorized a nuclear strike on foreign soil, let hundreds of people die in Hong Kong because she wanted to train an operative that she doesn't really need since she has the rest of ARGUS at her disposal, tried to nuke a CITIZEN population without even trying to send in the army (why would she have been in charge anyways?). Perhaps the writers are going to reveal that the US is a dictatorship run by her but until they do that, her extremely poor writing destroys and sense of realism (as in logic, not black leather, Man of Steel/X-Men type realism) that they have built up within their world.

15. Paradox1 Registered

The nuking of Starling City as it was written is the writers taking some liberties for dramatic tension. In the real world no one but the President has the power to authorize nuclear strike. It could have been remedied with a line saying she got the green light from the president.

Everything else like it or not falls within believability. The US government sends drones in to kill terrorist with the expectation of collateral damage. It would be naive to believe every one killed in these attack are bad people. Many of them are innocent but are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

16. zenith16 Registered

yes you and I know this, so do the others. The problem is the person Ollie was interrogating set the bombs around the city on a timer or was said to be the one that did.

But as the others said & I said this too in another thread the day before Waller may have had that planned out that way.

So she can manipulate Oliver into her personal attack dog/assassin .

There was no drone strike this time around. But there were bombs & she may have had them set up to make Oliver into what she wanted .

He's not the operative he should have been, but is what she wanted him to be also there are other effective interrogation methods.

But she made sure to only teach him that one style. ad stated so my self other shows and media that actually do have consultation mentioned this. torture isn't the most Effect method for ever situation, like that or similar to it. And Captain Boomer rang showed how that isn't always effective with one of many ways that will bite you in the butt.

Also the speech she used that both Ollie and Diggle's ex wife repeated. It seems she taught that to her too and that's another issue. who knows what Diggle's ex wife messed up with knowing that wasn't the best move.

Wallers not Field agent. yeah she the one barking orders from the operation's center. But she's not supposed to teach that stuff to new operatives, agents or officers.

That's for people that are still in the field or or have left it to teach / be doing instructing with current craft to new trainees .

This version Waller likes to watch things explode alot and see stuff in flames that what we know about this version. she doesn't care who's caught in it.

And I've been questioning alot of actions Ollie should have learned as a operative and he shouldn't have been out smarted by Slade if he was a operative cause they are supposed to have improved on the skill's you have add more them way more. which most spy media has shown.. he is what Waller wanted him to be so she can manipulate control & read easy if she ever had to fight him. and he's mess cause of it.

He's still has what she said in his head & is still using the interrogation method.

I do agree with the others there are a lot of holes from the writers side in the show.

There's just stuff Ollie should be doing that he's not or should know better to actually have done or they ( parts of his team members)take to long to do. Felicity as well among other stuff also suffers from this too.

#116 zenith16, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  17. Nathan Registered

Sometimes I wonder who's more messed up, Huntress or Waller. Both these characters are just horribly written.

18. luis4u Registered

Waller killing innocent people just to kill china white.

19. Nathan Registered

I wonder if that whole China White thing was only recently added. I mean Fyers and his Merc crew were on the island for months. Did Waller really have them occupy the island for that entire time period, just so they could eventually blow up China White, when she decided to return to Hong Kong?

20. luis4u Registered

Also in season 2 Amanda Waller’s character is “Oh **** there is a problem..Well lets kill it or nuke and hope NOBODY ever has any suspicions.

21. regnak Registered

They must have. I mean since Boomerang was on the SS they could have sent him to kill her. Not to mention that her threat does not warrant shooting down an airliner.

22. Nathan Registered

Heck, fricking Deadshot could have probably taken care of Slade's army. Just give him a few armor piercing rounds, and a couple headshots later, the whole situation would have been over.

Yes, Slade's army was super powered and a danger, but she was treating the situation like a bunch of Kryptonians were on the loose. Arrow and the League of Assassins took them down, without actually killing any of them, and she was ready to incinerate a whole city.

I get that they wanted to add drama, but at least try to make it somewhat realistic. And I hate that Waller is so set in her ways, that you have to pretty much blackmail her, or threaten her life, to even make her consider another option. Maybe that's why she's called the Wall, because it's like to talking to one.

23. Hypestyle Registered

how many episodes has she been in so far?

24. coluanprime Registered

25. p4poetic Registered

I firmly believe this is the case. The guy seems to be putting on an act, the way he's taunting Oliver.

Precisely. Probably a method she used on all her agents.

Huntress is the show is nothing like the Huntress in the comics, so I believe she's the worse written of the two.