The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrewgarfieldsuitsupsp.jpg

I love that shot of him about to punch in the windshield.

Am I the only one who doesn't like how Peter looks in this film? He doesn't come across as a high school kid to me. He looks a lot more like a guy that is 20 - 25 years old, even by movie standards. They should've stuck with his look from the first film. That was perfect from head to toe IMO.

Funny how we get the perfect looking Spider-Man this time around but they drop the perfect looking Peter. We just can't fully win :csad:.

IMO, Andrew is still a perfect Peter, and could easily pass for a junior or senior high school student.

The more set photos I see, the more impressed I am. Man, I love how heavily they're relying on practical effects.

Indeed its like watching spidey in real life and thats just the awe of it and not telling if something is cgi or real

Am I the only one who doesn't like how Peter looks in this film? He doesn't come across as a high school kid to me. He looks a lot more like a guy that is 20 - 25 years old, even by movie standards. They should've stuck with his look from the first film. That was perfect from head to toe IMO.

Funny how we get the perfect looking Spider-Man this time around but they drop the perfect looking Peter. We just can't fully win :csad:.

You mean the perfect Peter Parker that everyone complained about looked like Edward Cullen? But anyways, speak for yourself. I have no qualms about the way he looks, since he still looks like Peter Parker...

Last edited:
So is that really Andrew punching the "fake" glass? That's awesome. Looks pretty badass.

I like that Andrew is doing a lot of stunts himself. Even though he absolutely doesn't have to, with the mask completely hiding his face.

Look at the way the blue in the suit looks when he's about to punch the glass.
Thought initially that the new suit had a darker blue, and maybe it does but it looks nicely bright in that photo.

And we have photos of Spidey about to punch the glass to bring out Aleksei, but no set photos of Aleksei? Hahaha. Spoiled much..

Last edited:
haha

And every movie in The Dark Knight trilogy juggled 3 or more villains. Crappy writing killed Spiderman 3 not villain overdose.

Yeah, TDK especially runs circles around SM3 when it comes to villain numbers: Joker, Two Face, Maroni, Chenchen, Lau, Ramirez (to an extent), Weurtz, Reese and a bit of Scarecrow. SM3's problems are far deeper than villain numbers.

You mean the perfect Peter Parker that everyone complained about looked like Edward Cullen? But anyways, speak for yourself. I have no qualms about the way he looks, since he still looks like Peter Parker...

He still looks like Peter Parker but not high school Peter Parker. He looks like college Peter Parker. It wouldn't be an issue for me if he was in college. But then again, I thought the same thing when I saw set photos of the first film. Maybe he will look more high school in the actual film. Time will tell.

And not to sound rude, but what people that we take seriously complained that he looked like Edward Cullen?

Andrew told me that the mask is really tight, puts a lot of pressure on his jaw and head and stuff. So yeah. But who wouldn't mind a little pain to be in that suit?

Just noticed the lady behind Garfield is holding the shell that goes inside the mask

9.jpg

He still looks like Peter Parker but not high school Peter Parker. He looks like college Peter Parker. It wouldn't be an issue for me if he was in college. But then again, I thought the same thing when I saw set photos of the first film. Maybe he will look more high school in the actual film. Time will tell.

And not to sound rude, but what people that we take seriously complained that he looked like Edward Cullen?
That would be the people who were against the reboot from the start

Andrew told me that the mask is really tight, puts a lot of pressure on his jaw and head and stuff. So yeah. But who wouldn't mind a little pain to be in that suit?

Hah, the major superhero costumes are painful on the actors. Both Batman suits in Nolan's trilogy and the new ASM suit...the first one was deemed uncomfortable too, right?

I hope Spidey is pissing him off with some quips in that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"