The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-posting this for the new page because it potentially confirmed cross-species Rhino (looks like a serum to me):
017.jpg
I'm guessing this was stolen

Re-posting this for the new page because it potentially confirmed cross-species Rhino (looks like a serum to me):

I guess I'm definitely in favor of cross-species Rhino. You don't hide a face like Giamatti's behind some armored face plate. And I don't think they'll go the complicated route of giving him drug treatment to make him super strong, then put him into a Rhino suit.

I guess I'm definitely in favor of cross-species Rhino. You don't hide a face like Giamatti's behind some armored face plate. And I don't think they'll go the complicated route of giving him drug treatment to make him super strong, then put him into a Rhino suit.

this possible news will disappoint some

Giamatti looking all tough. LOL

It's just simpler. And if he can't get out of that suit anyway, might as well just do a small change and make him a cross species. In both cases, he's stuck in Rhino hide.

I'm thinking it goes like this: Aleksi tries to steal the formula, is caught and sent to Ravencroft -> Harry/Oscorp come and offer him a deal to get out of jail if he lets them experiment on him -> they use the Rhino cross-species serum and have to graft a suit onto him for him to survive. Rhino is created.

I'm still holding out hope for a suit of some kind to go with it. A full-on cross-species right I always found semi-disturbing... Plus I think it would look silly on screen with a talking character, unlike the game.

I'm thinking it goes like this: Aleksi tries to steal the formula, is caught and sent to Ravencroft -> Harry/Oscorp come and offer him a deal to get out of jail if he lets them experiment on him -> they use the Rhino cross-species serum and have to graft a suit onto him for him to survive. Rhino is created.

seems pointless to have stolen the serum in that case, seems out of place in how you thought it out

there is a chance he keeps it and uses it on himself turning him into the rhino

You know sometimes i hate when people complain just to complain without knowing if is true or not:

do we know that Normain is going to be GG in this movie or that paul becomesthe rhino? not yet .. but they must complain about everything in the movie when we havn´t had a trailer yet....

The problem with Spider-Man 3 wasn't that it just had too many villains, but that all of them had nothing to do with the overall plot. Speaking of which... was there ever really one? Venom was shoehorned in at the last minute, and Sandman... had nothing to do with anything except being Uncle Ben's killer (which was pointless).

With TASM2, it looks like all the villains serve some purpose to the overall storyline dealing with Oscorp and/or Peter's parents. They are all supposed to be there. TDK had 2 villains (3 if you count Salvatore Maronie), and I think that's proof that you can have more than one villain and succeed.

I'm still holding out hope for a suit of some kind to go with it. A full-on cross-species right I always found semi-disturbing... Plus I think it would look silly on screen with a talking character, unlike the game.

I hope it makes as much destruction as abomination did in TIH

We had a talking Lizard, but a talking Rhino would be silly? Especially if he should keep most of his human face intact?

I hope it makes as much destruction as abomination did in TIH

I hope he's as badass and destructive as he was in Spectacular Spider-Man.

[YT]0gWhZpu99ps[/YT]

We had a talking Lizard, but a talking Rhino would be silly? Especially if he should keep most of his human face intact?

The thing is, The Lizard is a cross-species in the comics, who talked in the comics, so it isn't that much of a stretch for them to do that in a movie. But something about doing it with Rhino feels off. Maybe I'm just being nitpicky. :oldrazz: When I picture a cross-species Rhino I see this
Paul-Giamatti-as-Rhino-570x356.jpg
And imagining words coming out of that really weirds me out.

seems pointless to have stolen the serum in that case, seems out of place in how you thought it out

I agree. That seems like an awful lot of story progression involving the Rhino if Electro is supposed to be the main villain.

EDIT: I actually, nevermind. If that was the case Rhino may have at most 2 or 3 scenes...

Last edited:
well, i'm guessing that uncle ben's killer has something to do with the rhino. he looks like a russian gangster, maybe the killer relation with peter has something connected to aleksei ?

well, i'm guessing that uncle ben's killer has something to do with the rhino. he looks like a russian gangster, maybe the killer relation with peter has something connected to aleksei ?

when you think about the tattoo thing, yes there could be a possible connection

How is it pointless? He tried to steal it and he failed, as we can see. Oscorp comes to him because they're the ones he stole from and they offer him a deal for him to get out of Ravencroft. Don't see how it's out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"