The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I don't care if they did it in "SSM." This is our chanc to write the wrongs of the past and see Norman Osborn/Green Goblin throw Gwen off the bridge not MJ.

This is our chance to see Gwen die and MJ come in to save Peter Parker's sou and nurture him/love him.

The only way to me it this would work with Harry as GG is if Harry was introduced in "ASM", liked Gwen but was too nervous to ask her out, she always had a crush on Peter, the two go out, and Harry grows jealous, and then turns to the Oz Formula and gets addicted. By "ASM2", he's distant and growing more and more isolated; not showing up to class, not wanting to hang out, and there's reports of a weird creature being spotted through New York. One night, Spider-Man on patrol would meet him, and the rest would write itself.

It works a lot better with having Norman behind the deaths of the Parkers, interested in figuring out who stole his webbing cartridges and who got bitten by radioactive spiders, who is swinging around New York dressed in red and blue, and if there's this guy who is superpowered and foiled Connors, he wants to find a new way to be immortal.

So, he creates these new villains to go after Spider-Man in hopes of bringing him in; he even gets close to Peter and Harry, taking an interest in their lives just incase Electro and Rhino fail.

To me, the best way to do Norman Osborn is like the Ultimate line, but when Green Goblin comes onto the scene, I want him to be like the 616-version.

I like the villain-mill idea too. Someone also said it would be cool if the villains all were pices of the Goblin, and he is them all assembled. Like the Lizard Formula, some of Rhino's robotics, Vulture's wings, etc.

What if we think it is Norman the entire time, and the GG kills Gwen (or makes Pete kill Gwen), and Peter finds, and revenge kills Norman/Harry in their home, come to find out the Goblin was someone else entirely?

Peter never kills Goblin.

It's one of his defining moments as far as the "With Great Power" motto goes because despite wanting to kill him, he doesn't.

Of course, Norman still "dies", but that was his own fault.

Last edited:
I like the villain-mill idea too. Someone also said it would be cool if the villains all were pices of the Goblin, and he is them all assembled. Like the Lizard Formula, some of Rhino's robotics, Vulture's wings, etc.

Not Vulture, because he hasn't been created yet, but I do see Connors (green, tough bulletproof hide, enhanced intelligiance, strength, speed, and reflexes.) and Electro (strength, speed, reflexes, electric abilities) being pivotal components the Goblin formula's completion alongside Spidey.

Last edited:
BEST IMAGE EVER!(FROM Seven Web Heads fb)
1002777_540067872696171_41209227_n.jpg

Last edited:
[YT]Y9xNBpUrybI[/YT]

FAN MADE but it is great

I think it would be awesome if through the panel Andrew would be suited up cause I liked what he did at the 2011 SDCC

@AF that fan made was good cause even that got my heart pumpin

If the Goblin laugh is like that or more dude that sent chills down my spine

Last edited:
You guys think we will get a look or hear the Goblin during the SDCC teaser/trailer? Or will we have to wait till the later trailers or the film itself? I'm hoping they just let the cat out of the bag and show half his face or something or a silhouette.

I think they'll try to keep GG a surprise until the movie.

Lmfao at the fan-made trailer and the fake geek screaming! Definitely well made though!

It's going to be fun when all these ridiculous rumors are debunked.

Despise when news sites take a rumor seriously and post it as something to take into real regard.

If it was my news site and I got word on a spicy rumor...I'd post an article as an editorial/"not to be taken seriously."

I rewatched that trailer repeatedly, I just love that Goblin laugh and voice!

I hope to hear that kind of voice and it gave me chills and I liked the fact that he placed in that line that Jamie did on Leno.

Despise when news sites take a rumor seriously and post it as something to take into real regard.

If it was my news site and I got word on a spicy rumor...I'd post an article as an editorial/"not to be taken seriously."

Yeah. My issue with these sites that post the rumors is that they don't label them as such. They pretty go a "fact until proven fiction"" way of writing them, and that's really the wrong way to do it.

Because it allows them to obtain more hits than usual...and it is sickening.

If the rumors are true about the new identity of the Green Goblin...well, this series is done. Talk about ruining the greatest villain dynamic in Spidey mythos.

With that said, I think and hope that the rumor is false. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"