The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but so is Paste Pot Pete, and both always lose and are often throw-away villain fodder. They will never be top-tier, nor have a story anywhere close to it.

agreed. funny how some people really want Shocker to be the main villain in a movie. How would that even work? He couldn't possibly carry a movie as it's main villain

agreed. funny how some people really want Shocker to be the main villain in a movie. How would that even work? He couldn't possibly carry a movie as it's main villain

people are really stupid. If they can't even carry a comic arc (which Shocker never has) you truly can't expect them to carry an entire film.

now, could Shocker eventually get a boost in power, and become a much more dangerous villain in the comics? sure, it happens all the time, but as he is, no. never. Worst his powers do is crumble parts of buildings and give people a major tummy ache. Not to mention his name is easily confused with Electro's powers, and His powers themselves are basically a combination of Klaw's and Avalanche (to a degree, obviously he doesn't have Terra-kenisis) there's just really nothing that interesting about the character other than his quilted northern costume.

right now, for movies, he's best suited as being a run of the bill crook spidey may comically run into.. and eventually when they do the symbiote costume again, let one of his sonic vibrations hit a black suited spidey, and teach spidey that weakness of the symbiote. Other than that... he honestly doesn't serve much purpose on film.

Kingpin + Shocker would be a great combination

Specially for a origin moive

Kingpin + Shocker would be a great combination

Specially for a origin moive

Why?

in all honesty.. if we ever get kingpin in a spidey movie... it better be an all out "Gang War" film with Kingpin, The Rose, Hammer Head, Silvermane, and Hobgoblin imo

Will a trailer be released before or after the event to the public? it would leak anyway if shown at the event

^ Only time will tell. When you say "leak" I hope that doesn't mean cheap cell phone footage. Hopefully they officially release a teaser around the same time.

Will a trailer be released before or after the event to the public? it would leak anyway if shown at the event

well things don't always leak at the event. we will surely get a description from someone, but don't expect we necessarily will get to see what the attendees get to see very soon.

I think it would be cool if Shocker had a cameo in a Spider-Man film, or at most was used as one of the Sinister Six. Otherwise, he should never be used as a main villain.

I don't work in the film industry specifically, but I do work in the overarching field of commercial art and animation (mostly TV and web). As for films, I've done some work for dvd releases, storyboards and concept work here and there, but I'm not a 3d SFX artist. It was my minor in college years ago, but illustration and traditional animation is my focus.

I hope not. I don't mean to be or come off as anything other than a lover of film, art, and tech. When the three come together, it's very hard for me not to talk about it! :yay:

:up: I meant it as a compliment. Just something I picked up on while reading your many posts. That's awesome though you work in that field and have the education to back it up.

Okay, having just read the rumors about how the Green Goblin ends up being and what he apparently will look like in the new film...my God, that sounds just friggin' awful. Granted, it's not Power Ranger Goblin, but even so.

Last edited:
Awful, but still just rumors. Take them with a grain of salt.

Okay, having just read the rumors about how the Green Goblin ends up being and what he apparently will look like in the new film...my God, that sounds just friggin' awful. Granted, it's not Power Ranger Goblin, but even so.

They were debunked by a few sources here.

Both legit.

Including one who worked as an extra on the film.

Expect to see some crazy (insert alternative for crap here) in the Comic Con footage. Great way to get the fans pumped.

don't PM about this subject though, big no no, as I wont respond. And yeah I'm back for the night so i'll be chatting about for a bit.

Crazy s***, huh? Nice! Really excited for the 19th. It's going to be an amazing day!

Expect to see some crazy (insert alternative for crap here) in the Comic Con footage. Great way to get the fans pumped.

don't PM about this subject though, big no no, as I wont respond. And yeah I'm back for the night so i'll be chatting about for a bit.

do you think we´ll see the teaser ?

I really think we could see a teaser trailer playing with Elysium in August. I think TAS teaser trailer came out in August of 2011?

Then maybe a full length trailer with Thor: The Dark World?

I really think we could see a teaser trailer playing with Elysium in August. I think TAS teaser trailer came out in August of 2011?

Then maybe a full length trailer with Thor: The Dark World?

The TASM teaser came out July 11th, 2011.

Just a week before SDCC, and it was attached to "Captain America: The First Avenger" that following Friday, July 22nd.

So its possible we'll get the trailer by the end of next week.

The teaser will, no doubt, be attached to The Wolverine. It's the next Marvel property to hit theaters, so its a prime candidate.

And as far as the trailer goes, I would definitely expect it with Thor: The Dark World.

That's right. It played with Captain America. Thanks for clearing that up.

I also forgot about The Wolverine. Not excited for that movie at all.

The teaser was actually officially released on July 20th, 2011, and was with Cap on the 22nd, the same day as the SDCC panel.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it make more sense for a Days of Future Past teaser to be attached to The Wolverine instead of TASM2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"