The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' started by Thread Manager, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Yes, but its likely BOTH will be attached to it.

2. Marvel Spider

Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

It didn't leak that early, because the EW cover was revealed on the 14th of July.

Also, the teaser was actually officially released on the 20th, and leaked on the 19th.

3. JOE

JOE _________________________

I hope we get another leaked image like the one we got of the Lizard last time. Although it did cause a lot of grief when people found out there wasn't going to be a snout.

4. Resistance61513

Resistance61513 Well-Known Member

Since Amazing Spider-Man 2 news is a little slow now, I figured maybe you guys would get a kick out of this. This is something that I did in the beginning of the year.

If you guys are interested, here's the story behind it all.

The Story:
    On October 9th 2012, I received my Amazing Spider-Man Theatrical Quality costume, made by Disguise, for Halloween. From the pictures Disguise posted of their costume, I was a little hesitant to purchase it. My friends though managed to con me into buying the suit telling me it's something I shouldn't pass up and that it'd be great for the Halloween parties coming up. (They were right).

One of my friends has a little boy named Anthony. Anthony, who was two at the time, is a HUGE Spider-Man fan. So because her little boy is into Spider-Man, she's kind of a fellow enthusiast. I raved to her about the costume and how excited I was it turned out to be better than the website pictures. She asked me to send her a picture.

[​IMG]

I snapped a quick picture of the costume and sent it to her. A little while later, this was the reply I received.

[​IMG]

She showed her son Anthony the picture of my costume and the little dude flipped. "Momma knows Spider-Man!"

(Let's be real, growing up all of our parents knew a vast array of people. From Santa Claus to the Easter Bunny to the Tooth Fairy, there was no one our parents didn't know.)

Angel, my friend, decided to have a little fun with this and told Anthony that she did in fact know The Amazing Spider-Man.

[​IMG]

Every so often, Anthony would ask his mother to send pictures to Spider-Man showing his support of the hero he adored. Anthony's third birthday was coming up and he wanted nothing more than to meet his hero. He asked his mother if Spider-Man could come to his third birthday party. She said she said she would see what she could do.

Angel informed me of Anthony's wish and I knew it was something I couldn't pass up. Growing up, my parents taught me to always ensure kids, whether they are yours or not, have a memorable childhood.

So in the months leading up to Anthony's birthday, "Spider-Man" would contact him every now and then. In 2011, I went on a trip to New York City. I took some pretty cool photos while I was there and decided Anthony would probably like to see some pictures of where Spider-Man resides. He also received a letter from Spider-Man in the mail with a complimentary web-strand! (Packaging tape rolled up and stretched to give a similar appearance of Sam Raimi's web strands)

[​IMG]
    Anthony Receives a Letter From Spider-Man

With a few weeks left until Anthony's big day, I wanted "Spider-Man" to give him something but didn't really know what. I then began trying to think of a logical gift "Spider-Man" would give. I came up with the idea that he'd probably give one of his extra masks. Even though Anthony is 3, I felt this was an all or nothing thing. He needed to get something that was top quality and not the little cheap child masks he is used to getting. I decided to purchase him his very own theatrical quality mask.

http://amzn.to/18x2vzP
    Disguise Spider-Man Adult Mask

March 9th 2013 is a memory I will cherish forever. On his third birthday, Anthony got to meet his hero The Amazing Spider-Man. I can't wait for the day where I'm doing stuff like this for my children.

[​IMG]
    Anthony's Birthday Cake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anthony and Spider-Man

[​IMG]
    Spider-Man teaching Anthony the web pose.

[​IMG]
    The Future of Spider-Man.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out guys!

Hope you enjoyed it!

(By the way, Spider-Man is using his "baby talking voice". My voice is not that high... :hehe:)

5. Marvel Spider

Haha, that's great! That's a really nice thing of you to do.

6. SpideyFan866

The EW article did in fact come out BEFORE the teaser.

However, the teaser leaked on the 19th and released on the 20th.

You had that last bit backwards.

7. Marvel Spider

What you just said is exactly what I said. Read it again. ;)

8. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

lolSpideyFan.

9. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Really awesome dude. As silly as it might sound it feels awesome being able to relate to kids on that level. And let them know that Spider-Man is something loved by more than just them.

I remember I was pretty well alone in my love for the characters as a kid. But the first time I met an adult who loved Wolverine and the X-Men I about **** myself with excitement.

Good work man.

10. SpideyFan866

YOU EDITED THAT, U SUNUVAGUN! :cmad:

11. Spider-Who?

Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

My day job consists mostly of interactive work which is fun and all, but I hate coding and with the ever increasing demand of mobile devices (and technology changing to support it), that's becoming the focus at my 9 to 5. I do a lot of freelance on the side, so that's where I get most of my illustration and animation work these days.

Yeah you're not kidding. Wish I had someone to tell me that 10 years ago. School was good, but the debt is killer. I toss nearly two grand each month into student loans, and I'm still gonna be paying it off till I'm in my 40s.

12. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Well-Known Member

Plenty of reasons

1.We can tie in the Kingpin and the underworld to Uncle Ben's death and that would bring in fresh elements

2.In a origin movie,it is better to have non-superpowered villains, isnt it a little weird that the superpowered villain turns up just days after a superpowered hero?

3.Neither the Kingpin or Shocker would need a origin of themselves,meaning ample time to concentrate on the origin of Spider-man/Peter Parker

4.Kingpin will be the Underworld King who Spidey wows to bring down after his uncle's death and Shocker will be his hitman(and used for cinematictic action).Sort of borrowing from the Daredevil movie and BB.

13. JOE

Glad they're going with 4 films. I have a feeling they'll be announcing TASM 5 and 6 shortly after 2 and 3 are huge hits in the BO.

Money money money money... MONEYYYYYYYYYYYY!

14. Joe_Kickass

Joe_Kickass Well-Known Member

When does TASM 4 come out again? Because considering 3&4 are filming back to back, you'd think the 4th would come out around a year or so after the 3rd, like the LOR/Hobbit movies.

15. Spider-Ranger

Spider-Ranger aka Goran

Did they confirm that 3&4 will be filmed back to back?

16. Joe_Kickass

Joe_Kickass Well-Known Member

That's what I heard. It would make sense if the rumors are true and Goblin does appear in this film. 3rd movie would flesh him out, kill Gwen, and 4th would be Peter dealing with the loss. Sony might also feel the whole 3rd film thing is taboo or something lol

17. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Think this is one of the coolest photos I've seen of the suit so far. Can't wait for official stills.

[​IMG]

18. JOE

i wonder how the brightness of the blue and red will translate. I hope it looks brighter. My only change i'd make besides darkening the webbing.

19. SpocksBrain

SpocksBrain Internet Geek

No. No confirmation of this.

And why would they need to film them back to back anyway? They are being released two years apart, just like between 1 and 2 (and 2 and 3). And as we know, neither 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 are being filmed "back to back". Don't see why 3 and 4 would need to be any different.

20. SpocksBrain

SpocksBrain Internet Geek

4 comes out in 2018. Two years after 3 in 2016.

Haven't heard any rumors of them being filmed "back to back". And there would be no reason to need to do so. It's the same two years between all 4 films.

Just because 3 and 4 had release dates announced at the same time doesn't mean they are being filmed back to back.

21. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

I predict it'll be a brighter red and blue. At least brighter than the Raimi's.
    CANNOT beat the new lenses though.

22. JOE

I fully support this statement!^

23. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

You guys think EW will do another special?

24. Marvel Spider

Do you mean if I think it'll be the cover story? Maybe. I'm 100% confident that there'll be new stuff in the magazine, though.

25. TheWiseGuy487

TheWiseGuy487 Electrifying!

Well, Anno_Domini has been banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.