The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a mask and suit that actually looks like Green Goblin. The problem with him transforming into a goblin is how would the serum do that? It'd be more inevitable or likely he'd turn into something like Abomination or The Hulk than Green Goblin if the Oz serum is similar to the Super-Soldier serum.

Norman putting on face-paint or wearing a mask and hooded cloak, or just a stunt man in a suit with a CGI mask I'd be fine with, cut costs, and be more realistic. (And yes we're far past realism when we've had a scientist turning himself into a giant lizard and another into living electricity.)

the hashtag "pravda" means "truth"

Last edited:
I want a mask and suit that actually looks like Green Goblin. The problem with him transforming into a goblin is how would the serum do that? It'd be more inevitable or likely he'd turn into something like Abomination or The Hulk than Green Goblin if the Oz serum is similar to the Super-Soldier serum.

Norman putting on face-paint or wearing a mask and hooded cloak, or just a stunt man in a suit with a CGI mask I'd be fine with, cut costs, and be more realistic. (And yes we're far past realism when we've had a scientist turning himself into a giant lizard and another into living electricity.)

If we're talking about old schol Gobby, how about Nano-tecnology on the Gob's face? Or use what the face-tech that Chameleon uses?

The suit and mask is not only for visuality, it speaks so much about Norman as a character. It also opens up for great scenes such as Peter and Norman unmasking each other, or Norman having Harry wear the suit to fool Peter etc.

I am very serious here when I say that if they make Green Goblin transform instead of wearing a suit and mask...I'm done with this series no matter how much I love the rest. Having Green Goblin be a transformation is one of the ideas I absolutely hate the most.

On another note, Green Goblin is sort of based on Halloween, he wears a costume and a mask, he plays tricks, he has pumpkin bombs and "batarangs"(razorbatz?), and he rides a glider which can be linked to flying a broomstick.

In a way, he mocks Spidey for using the costume to do good in disguise. Goblins costume is an integral part to his character, taking that away from him is changing more than his appearance.

If they use ultimate goblin, I too will be tremendously disappointed. I NEVER liked that incarnation as with most the Ultimate characters.

Pravda ("The Truth" in many Slavic languages (or "Justice" in some South Slavic languages))

I think, he was talking about Flash Thompson not the dc superhero, Flash.

Hopefully they continue Flash Thompson's character because Chris Zylka did a fantastic job with his small role. Hopefully his character is larger in ASM2 and further developed. That's one of things I'm really looking forward to!

With all the characters in this movie, I'm dubious about Flash having anything.

Hopefully they continue Flash Thompson's character because Chris Zylka did a fantastic job with his small role. Hopefully his character is larger in ASM2 and further developed. That's one of things I'm really looking forward to!

Same here. Hopefully he doesn't turn into your username! Ha bad joke.
I really loved the ending with Peter and Flash's energy.
Also liked the way Flash was trying to mend Peter in the middle of the movie.

What if Goblin transformed, but he still had the face of the classic Goblin, and was "bigger" than normal Goblin but not as big as Ultimate Goblin? Oh and he wasn't a mindless beast and he still had a glider.

I wouldn't really care for Norman transforming into Goblin. Seems like to much of a retread over Connors transforming into the Lizard.

Why would Norman wear a goblin mask though? Hard mode: "Because it was in the comics" doesn't count.

Why would Norman wear a goblin mask though? Hard mode: "Because it was in the comics" doesn't count.

Because it was in the comics :o

To hide his identity to the public? I imagine a scene were he takes off Spidey's mask and sees Peter Parker and then laughs manically to take off his mask and revealing himself as Osborn to Peter before attempting to kill him...or something.

There are ways to provoke and ignite the "goblin" appearance without it being a mask. It does seem absurd in this Spidey universe so...I'd go with transformation too.

The hood and cape aesthetic wouldn't be ridiculous if Norman is using it to hide his disgusting nature either. Makes sense to me.

It doesn't fly for me :p

Is there any link between Norman's heritage and the old myths and folklore surrounding goblins?

@Spideyfan: That's a neat idea for the hood and cape.

I think, he was talking about Flash Thompson not the dc superhero, Flash.

CaptobviousChooseOption.gif

please no ultimate goblin. classic goblin allows for fights and action set pieces to take place high above the ground, thus mixing things up a bit for the third film which i assume is where GG comes in.

please no ultimate goblin. classic goblin allows for fights and action set pieces to take place high above the ground, thus mixing things up a bit for the third film which i assume is where GG comes in.
If they end up doing the Ultimate version, I'll be pretty pis$ed. No more mutated monster villains please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"