The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it seems Orci/Kurtzman are getting some flack for their script, I can't help but think, aren't they also responsible for the things that this movie has apparently got very right?

It's easy to pick out the bad things and say overall "they did a bad job." But while some parts of their writing might not have been home runs, I feel like you have to give them credit for the home runs they [apparently] (I still haven't seen the movie) did produce

Do I wish the script was perfect? Of course. But who knows, maybe with different writers, we wouldn't have gotten the 'perfect Spider-man' that a lot of people are proclaiming inhabits this film, or some of the other positive aspects... Just somethin to think about

Most of the praise is for the performances and the action. Positive and negative reviews point to the writing as the weak link.

Avenging Spidey, box office mojo has predicted that the film will only make 705 mil. I strongly fear that may be the case as the general audience reviews have fallen to a 82% already.

I think word mouth will be mixed on this by judging from OS reactions. Legs might be hurt by Godzilla and X-Men. I am expecting an Iron Man 2 type run but only a 95m OW. So a 237m finish I have it at. Overseas gross should be around 530m.

Basically if you like the film and rate it highly you are wrong because the critics say so

I think word mouth will be mixed on this by judging from OS reactions. Legs might be hurt by Godzilla and X-Men. I am expecting an Iron Man 2 type run but only a 95m OW. So a 237m finish I have it at. Overseas gross should be around 530m.
Based on what?

I don't think so. Unless it explodes in China.

Basically if you like the film and rate it highly you are wrong because the critics say so
Who has said this? Seriously, if you are going to go around and continue to say this I would like to know what post you are referring to.

No matter how poorly this film does critically (if that even ends up being the case, it certainly may not) based on some reviews/twitter reactions/user feedback, I feel like this movie is going to have a very hardcore group of people that love this film. Made up of Spidey fans and GA members alike. Almost like a cult following

That is if the movie keeps getting mixed reviews. I feel like that will make the people that really loved it, love it even more.... and as much as I want a huge, critical and BO smash hit (which again, could very well happen), it would be pretty cool to have a beloved 'cult classic' Spidey flick as well :up:

Last edited:

I don't see any possible way this movie makes less than the first.. Even if it ended with a 30% RT score or somethin, I still think it would make more

didnt remember who said here that gwen should listen to Peter and stay out of danger but i like it that she does that or try to do that and not be just a character to be rescued. she actually does something for the movie and the spider man character, she has a role and identity in the franchise

I don't see any possible way this movie makes less than the first.. Even if it ended with a 30% RT score or somethin, I still think it would make more
Box office numbers so far are showing it is a real possibility at the moment. Some of the bigger territories reporting numbers far below the first film. Depends on the US and China though more then anything.

My take on the "special hate" that this franchise gets:
Aside from the quality of the movies,i think that Sony rebooting it so soon might afected some viewers opinion,the first trilogy was still fresh in the minds of many and seeing how something that many "hold deer" is "replaced" with something that is not what they liked the instant reaction is "reboot hate" even if they havn´t seen the movie, especially if the reboot is so early and they go to the movies expecting not to like it, because ,again, is not like the previous franchise.

Now the thing with TASM is that the goal of this franchise were just to keep the rights,so they rushed everything and the result imho was good, but left many unsatisfied with the plot threads left for future movies,plot holes, etc. then the Avengers came and every studio wanted that success, so sony ditched the tone and plans for the future and tried to "build an universe" and shot themselves in the foot by establishing a big universe in just ONE movie and doing plans without knowing how they are doing with said franchise, for me TASM2 is good and i like it more with more viewings,but i can see where people would hate it.

The people who didn´t like TASM maybe won´t like this because the foundation is build on is not of their liking and many have the"too many villains" worry which is perfectly valid, but is really that this movie has many things going on in the plot that it looses it strenght and THAT is a big problem, i would much rather see a small film with a good script than a big movie with an average script.

Last edited:

There's definitely a chance. If you've been following the box office it's so far opened less than the first in Japan, Australia, Italy, and Russia. I'm not saying it's for sure going to make less than the first but there's a chance.

That my prediction. The film has done anything special OS so far. What are expecting for an OS gross.

less than 530 probably :p But it hasn't opened in South America or China yet so there's no way to say for sure.

I don't think so. Unless it explodes in China.

I was thinking this could gross slightly more OS but I am not sure what the exchange rate is right now compare summer 2012.

I was thinking this could gross slightly more OS but I am not sure what the exchange rate is right now compare summer 2012.

Yeah often sequels increase a lot over seas becuase markets are always expanding. but just basing on how it's opened so far, I don't know if it will get to 530 million. :)

Yeah often sequels increase a lot over seas becuase markets are always expanding. but just basing on how it's opened so far, I don't know if it will get to 530 million. :)
I could see this grossing below 530m OS. I just have looked what are Spider Man biggest markets and which ones has it opened to. I know ASM2 has opened in UK, Portugal, France, Czech Republic and Japan.

No matter how poorly this film does critically (if that even ends up being the case, it certainly may not) based on some reviews/twitter reactions/user feedback, I feel like this movie is going to have a very hardcore group of people that love this film. Made up of Spidey fans and GA members alike. Almost like a cult following

That is if the movie keeps getting mixed reviews. I feel like that will make the people that really loved it, love it even more.... and as much as I want a huge, critical and BO smash hit (which again, could very well happen), it would be pretty cool to have a beloved 'cult classic' Spidey flick as well :up:

A bit like Batman Returns. I'd be fine with that. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back