The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt anyone on TASM production are going "lets not have any other green characters for a while". That just seems like such a trivial thing to be bothered about.

i see wesman is as incorrigible as ever haha.

day 50 set photo was nothing amazing. i guess this means there is no reason to expect big reveals on day 100 etc.

this lightning debate is pretty silly now that we know he is blue.

personally, i would have liked it if was neither blue nor yellow, and that his natural skin tone had some minor enhancements to it in order to reflect the notion that his body is surging with electricity. his eyes could go white too maybe, but people would then say he looks way too much like storm, even though she is the opposite sex...

maybe he won't be blue the whole movie? maybe he's only blue when he can't control his powers? internalising them (chi focus?) allows him to look human again.

oh well, i am fine with the blue and can't wait to see him in full costume with effects added.

Never ever said it did.

I never said you did. Something shouldn't be different just to be different, something should be done the way where it works the best. You said "at least it's different" implying that it would be better to be different, but it might not be as apparent on screen as the blue. Blue would probably work better in 3-D, and will look more pronounced in the dark. Imagine Electro shooting blue lightning down a dark street, then imagine a yellow Electro shooting yellow down a dark street. Picture that with each respective color reflected on the surrounding surfaces. Blue "pops" more. The yellow could appear dull and faded, while the blue they're using looks vibrant, dark shades, lighter shades mixed together.

Let's talk about something better:

Think we'll get a teaser this summer?

Maybe, probably around July like the last one. There'll definitley be footage shown at Comic-Con though since that's the only one this film will have a chance to attend (since it comes out May next year, before the 2014 Comic-Con). Hopefully we'll get some
leaked footage, although all we for was the bootleg teaser, never any of the footage shown there.

Wonder how people would react if they made Electro red, and explain that it's because the glow of electricity surging through his body shines through his blood, which is red, and out of his skin, like when you put your finger or hand against the light and your skin looks red from the light shining through it.

Fine, I will :whatever:

Haha, my brother was at the gym today (we look alike) and Andrew went up to him, thinking it was me, and was mad confused. My brother had to explain the situation, haha. My bro said he was real cool about it, and was asking his trainer: "Doesn't he look just like Ian?" I'm an idiot for deciding to skip the gym at the last minute.

lol that's pretty funny.

hopefully you two get to hang out again, however briefly, soon.

Missed him 2 days in a row... upset.

Anyway, they may still be filming now. There were some pics up of what looked like tests earlier.

you just need to catch andrew's eye between takes and get invited onto the set proper (((:-)

Met Emma and Andrew at the set today near High Line Park...looks to be another dating sequence/partial scene. Left because it was getting late, but I'm in shock right now.

Seems like anyone who ****ing lives in New York can easily meet Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, hope you don't take that ****ing **** for granted, because I couldn't die happily unless I met Andrew Garfield. ****ing ridiculous. Like yeah good for you and all that ****, but I'm just saying, it pains me that there's barriers keeping me from meeting him. Starting with the fact that I don't live in ****ing New York.

Seems like anyone who ****ing lives in New York can easily meet Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, hope you don't take that ****ing **** for granted, because I couldn't die happily unless I met Andrew Garfield. ****ing ridiculous. Like yeah good for you and all that ****, but I'm just saying, it pains me that there's barriers keeping me from meeting him. Starting with the fact that I don't live in ****ing New York.

images

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

The way you type, if it is the way you speak too you'd fit right in with us natives!

I'll spare pictures :)

Being different doesn't automatically mean good. They might have tested different colors and found the bright/dark blues to work best in lightning and creating atmosphere in scenes. Electro by himself produces light, and blue would give everything around him a bit more of a darker vibe.

And being "the same" almost definitely doesnt mean good either..

Zombie Dr. Manhattan is boring as can be. You like blue because most people will always prefer the color blue (as i talked about color theory previously before the new thread started) "its safe" which in many cases also means unimaginative and boring

YvEN9.png

This could be one of the reasons why they would have chosen blue.This would be keep the diversity in characters as oppose to have same color scheme for same color characters(with some variation) from the comics. This means we willl get a different variety of the characters who were green in comics.

Here is some of the list:
-Green Goblin
-Vulture
-Sandman
-Lizard
-Doc-Ock
-Mysterio
-Electro
-Scorpion
-Scorpia
-Beetle
-Chance
-Jackal
-Professor Power
-Hammerhead sometimes wears green'
-Silvermane
-Jack O' Lantern
-Living Brain
-Override
-Spider-woman IV
-Will O' The Wisp
-Ringer

Are there any more?

That logic still doesn't make sense though considering Blue and Yellow are at equal distances apart on the color wheel (if there's anyone who doesn't know that yellow + blue make green) both are equally as close to being the color green.......

I never said you did. Something shouldn't be different just to be different, something should be done the way where it works the best. You said "at least it's different" implying that it would be better to be different, but it might not be as apparent on screen as the blue. Blue would probably work better in 3-D, and will look more pronounced in the dark. Imagine Electro shooting blue lightning down a dark street, then imagine a yellow Electro shooting yellow down a dark street. Picture that with each respective color reflected on the surrounding surfaces. Blue "pops" more. The yellow could appear dull and faded, while the blue they're using looks vibrant, dark shades, lighter shades mixed together.

This is all subjective to your own personal opinion. I think yellow with the green eyes pops far better because 1) I've never seen a character on screen like it 2) i instantly think electricity, 3) and its a great homage to his comic routes and over all most iconic look

the set video today seems to indicate that part of the dialogue is gwen making fun of peter yelling "woohoo!" etc whilst web swinging.

if true, they're pretty chilled about discussing his secret identity in public lol.

how long do you guys want the times square fight to last?

for comparison sake:

avengers final battle: over 20 minutes
spider-man 2 train fight: about 6 minutes
amazing spider-man high school fight: about 3 minutes
amazing spider-man end fight: about 4 minutes
iron man 2 drone fight culminating with whiplash death: about 4 minutes (although if you count the drones chasing tony it is much longer)
spider-man 1 parade scene: about 3 and a half minutes

obviously it all depends on how well the action is executed, but personally i hope for something at least 6 minutes long. (that's what she said)

how long do you guys want the times square fight to last?

for comparison sake:

avengers final battle: over 20 minutes
spider-man 2 train fight: about 6 minutes
amazing spider-man high school fight: about 3 minutes
amazing spider-man end fight: about 4 minutes
iron man 2 drone fight culminating with whiplash death: about 4 minutes (although if you count the drones chasing tony it is much longer)
spider-man 1 parade scene: about 3 and a half minutes

obviously it all depends on how well the action is executed, but personally i hope for something at least 6 minutes long. (that's what she said)

I think about 8 minutes would be nice. Depends on whether it'll be the final battle or not, though.

How long did the Doc Ock fight last? That length would be fine for an epic Electro battle.

How long did the Doc Ock fight last? That length would be fine for an epic Electro battle.

about 6 minutes, that includes the clock tower bit before falling onto the train, and the train stopping sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"