The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music is perhaps one of the most subjective things to talk about, so these discussions are pointless imo. I myself loved TASM2 soundtrack for example.

I felt the score was very... GENERIC! :dry:

It's good for a movie score, but for Zimmer? It was bad compared to the other Zimmer stuff I've heard.

It's good for a movie score, but for Zimmer? It was bad compared to the other Zimmer stuff I've heard.

For me things like electro's main theme (dub step with lyrics sometimes, clarinet other times) are examples of why this soundtrack isn't generic at all. The music gave the a similar feel to German expressionism films, like the cabinet of Dr Calgary, only with a modern twist. While zimmer's work on some of his dc films have felt generic when compared to his other work, this time around I could tell he wasn't just going through the motions. He was being experimental again, and i say that makes this score relevant, regardless of the quality of the film itself.

For me things like electro's main theme (dub step with lyrics sometimes, clarinet other times) are examples of why this soundtrack isn't generic at all. The music gave the a similar feel to German expressionism films, like the cabinet of Dr Calgary, only with a modern twist. While zimmer's work on some of his dc films have felt generic when compared to his other work, this time around I could tell he wasn't just going through the motions. He was being experimental again, and i say that makes this score relevant, regardless of the quality of the film itself.

Yeah, but the rest of the score? Pretty dull imo. :oldrazz:

Maybe it is just me but has anyone else only heard good things about this from family and friends? Pretty much everyone I know that has seen this movie loved it, their kids loved, their friends loved it. While that is by no means a great sample pool, it just seems so odd to me that so many people I know have enjoyed this as much as they have yet the movie is doing so poorly it seems. A lot of places I look seem to have a lot of good to say about the movie (aside from a handful of "my opinion matters only" style haters). I see tons of people that enjoyed it on youtube and FB. There are those that didn't of course but aside from the super angry few that mention it on every board/social media outlet, most seemed to like it so I guess I am very surprised by how little the movie has made here stateside considering it's rating on places like IMDB and not critic reaction. Is it just so many movies back to back?

I.E. Cap, TASM2, Godzilla, X-MEN, Meleficent, Neighbors killing repeat business?

Yeah, but the rest of the score? Pretty dull imo. :oldrazz:

Listen to it more.

I found the score pretty damn generic, initially. However, having listened to it for hours, I can tell you that it definitely grows on you.

The score unlike anything I've ever heard before - whether that's a good or bad thing, is of course up to the person, but calling the score "generic" is just... Yeah, I can't agree with that. The Winter Soldier OST is a perfect example of generic - absolutely nothing about it stands out, even a little. It's like the same thing over and over again.

Silvestri's score for TWA, though - I love it.

Anyone remember this shot being in the movie?

iIfpHikpHRTFL.gif

Cause I don't.

I do. It was right before Peter meets up with Gwen for the "Ground Rules" scene.

The more I hear about scenes getting cut, the more I want to punch Sony and/or Marc Webb. :cmad:

I feel the same, I don't know what Zimmer was going for with Electro's theme making it feel like dubstep because it has that electronic feel to it I guess, I mean what wonders could've happened if Daft Punk were assigned to score the film.

I see tons of people that enjoyed it on youtube and FB. There are those that didn't of course but aside from the super angry few that mention it on every board/social media outlet, most seemed to like it so I guess I am very surprised by how little the movie has made here stateside considering it's rating on places like IMDB and not critic reaction.
Actually from the Youtube reviews I've seen they're either mixed or negative, very few positive ones, I also don't know why the box office take of foreign countries matters now for all big budget movies, their tastes are totally different and fickle.
Is it just so many movies back to back?
Yes from my point of view movies are getting released to close from each other that it's very expensive, not only that but movies now are quckly shelved away from theaters in order to make more money for the DVD/BR release.

Actually from the Youtube reviews I've seen they're either mixed or negative, very few positive ones, I also don't know why the box office take of foreign countries matters now for all big budget movies, their tastes are totally different and fickle.

Yes from my point of view movies are getting released to close from each other that it's very expensive, not only that but movies now are quckly shelved away from theaters in order to make more money for the DVD/BR release.

Hiya Mace. Did you just recently see ASM2? What's your rating?

Listen to it more.

I found the score pretty damn generic, initially. However, having listened to it for hours, I can tell you that it definitely grows on you.

The score unlike anything I've ever heard before - whether that's a good or bad thing, is of course up to the person, but calling the score "generic" is just... Yeah, I can't agree with that.
Agreed. It's Inception dipped into superhero jelly. I Need To Know is an example of this, the exuberant opening and the 'Old Souls' type landscape which follows. One of the better comic based soundtracks, in my opinion. Even Elevator Man agrees. :hehe: On the first listen through the tracks just sort of rolled over into the next, and I wasn't that impressed. But now I can't get enough of it. That's the genius of Zimmer. It was all there laid out in front of me, but it revealed itself more so with repeat listens. Seeing the film helped, too. I didn't like the 'he lied to me, he shot at me stuff', and still don't to be honest, but I like the majority of the score - so that doesn't bring the whole thing down.

I remember some of it for the wrong reasons. It was bloody awful.

You told me you liked it?

You lied to me, you hated me, you're dead to me that Joker is MY ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *BAWWWRRRRRRR DUN DUN BRWARRRWW*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"