The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hum...okay Joker.

Lol ok indeed... its got quite alot of facebook fans which actually say more about the general publics opinion than these message boards do. I know most people ive run into liked it. Didnt find it groundbreaking but found it enjoyable.

I was afraid to ask people based on peoples opinions on here, but I learned thats certainly not the universal truth. Its got quite alot of fans

Andrew is a great actor imo and definitely a stand-up kind of guy. It's great that he's acknowledging what many people have been indicating now for the past few months. And in a way, he is pointing the finger without actually saying anything specific which again, in his position, is the classy and repectable thing to do. He states pretty clearly that he loved the original version of the script and states that the problems started when they began taking stuff out, reshooting scenes, and messing with the total 'flow' of the film. We all know who he is talking about and let's just hope they get their s**t together for the next movie.

It’s a discernment thing. What are the people actually saying? What’s underneath the complaint, and how can we learn from that? We can’t go, “Oh God, we ****ed up because all these people are saying all these things. It’s ****.” We have to ask ourselves, “What do we believe to be true?” Is it that this is the fifth Spider-Man movie in however many years, and there’s a bit of fatigue? Is it that there was too much in there? Is it that it didn’t link? If it linked seamlessly, would that be too much? Were there tonal issues? What is it? I think all that is valuable. Constructive criticism is different from people just being *****, and I love constructive criticism. Hopefully, we can get underneath what the criticism was about, and if we missed anything.

I agree with Andrew here. We all know that people at Sony, the creative team members and probably even the actors are reading these boards. It's a great way for them to get a pulse on the beating heart of the fans of these characters and the work they put out. So let's try and be a little proactive with our comments instead of outright bash, bash, bashing away. Let's give them some real food for thought. Though many of us have already been doing this--instead, let's just keep up the work.

To the emboldened...C'mon Andrew. Fatigue?? No, just no. Quality is quality, my man. Do we need something new and fresh for Spidey and not more of the run of the mill storylines?? Yes, we do. The bar has been raised across the board ever since TDK, and even the CBMs that released this year have continued to raise expectations. Run of the mill won't cut it anymore.

Lol ok indeed... its got quite alot of facebook fans which actually say more about the general publics opinion than these message boards do. I know most people ive run into liked it. Didnt find it groundbreaking but found it enjoyable.

I was afraid to ask people based on peoples opinions on here, but I learned thats certainly not the universal truth. Its got quite alot of fans

:up:

I asked my brother what he thought and he told me is was terrible.

I remember when TASM1 came out, a friend of my told a date to it and said "it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."

I'm sure that ASM2 has plenty of fans but it also has plenty of detractors. I'd be willing to say this is the most divisive of the Spider-Man movies. But in terms of the detractors, there must have been enough of them for Andrew to make those comments. It's not just people on fanboards like this one, a large portion of critics found it less than worthy and diminishing BO also would suggest people didn't care for the quality.

Look, I like ASM2. It is enjoyable but it is also extremely mediocre. And quite disappointing as well considering it could have and should have been better. CBMs are capable of higher standards as we've seen in recent years. There's no reason why Spider-Man can't also deploy those same standards.

I remember when TASM1 came out, a friend of my told a date to it and said "it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."

And my brother liked TASM2.

What are we even trying to prove with these kind of arguments?

Do others need to tell what opinion you should have about a film? I mean, why do people even reference to relatives or friends as some kind of quality measure? That's some of the most stupid **** I've read, who even cares if an anonymous stranger's friend told a date (haha!) the film resembled Twilight? Who in their right mind would think someone here would think "Oh, now I understand, he must be right!". Who is that comment even aimed to?

Do others need to tell what opinion you should have about a film? I mean, why do people even reference to relatives or friends as some kind of quality measure? That's some of the most stupid **** I've read, who even cares if an anonymous stranger's friend told a date (haha!) the film resembled Twilight? Who in their right mind would think someone here would think "Oh, now I understand, he must be right!".

Well said! :up:

Andrew is a great actor imo and definitely a stand-up kind of guy. It's great that he's acknowledging what many people have been indicating now for the past few months. And in a way, he is pointing the finger without actually saying anything specific which again, in his position, is the classy and repectable thing to do. He states pretty clearly that he loved the original version of the script and states that the problems started when they began taking stuff out, reshooting scenes, and messing with the total 'flow' of the film. We all know who he is talking about and let's just hope they get their s**t together for the next movie.

I agree with Andrew here. We all know that people at Sony, the creative team members and probably even the actors are reading these boards. It's a great way for them to get a pulse on the beating heart of the fans of these characters and the work they put out. So let's try and be a little proactive with our comments instead of outright bash, bash, bashing away. Let's give them some real food for thought. Though many of us have already been doing this--instead, let's just keep up the work.

To the emboldened...C'mon Andrew. Fatigue?? No, just no. Quality is quality, my man. Do we need something new and fresh for Spidey and not more of the run of the mill storylines?? Yes, we do. The bar has been raised across the board ever since TDK, and even the CBMs that released this year have continued to raise expectations. Run of the mill won't cut it anymore.

I thought a big reason they cut stuff out was time? I dont think the sin six set up was really that distracting. Im all for a longer spidey film though lol

I think its great they're listening to fans... but I wonder if they listen too much? I mean... I think the mj scenes getting cut might of been less about time and flow, and more about the shalene backlash

... that suggest more about the romance than anything... the romance is a huge aspect of spiderman mythos. Anyone who makes a comment like that clearly wants no part in watching a relationship....

I'm sure that ASM2 has plenty of fans but it also has plenty of detractors. I'd be willing to say this is the most divisive of the Spider-Man movies. But in terms of the detractors, there must have been enough of them for Andrew to make those comments. It's not just people on fanboards like this one, a large portion of critics found it less than worthy and diminishing BO also would suggest people didn't care for the quality.

Look, I like ASM2. It is enjoyable but it is also extremely mediocre. And quite disappointing as well considering it could have and should have been better. CBMs are capable of higher standards as we've seen in recent years. There's no reason why Spider-Man can't also deploy those same standards.

Oh its far from amazing. Mediocre at best. I think its definitely the most divided even more so than spidey 3.

Do others need to tell what opinion you should have about a film? I mean, why do people even reference to relatives or friends as some kind of quality measure? That's some of the most stupid **** I've read, who even cares if an anonymous stranger's friend told a date (haha!) the film resembled Twilight? Who in their right mind would think someone here would think "Oh, now I understand, he must be right!". Who is that comment even aimed to?

:up: You're on a roll today, buddy.

I thought a big reason they cut stuff out was time? I dont think the sin six set up was really that distracting. Im all for a longer spidey film though lol

I think its great they're listening to fans... but I wonder if they listen too much? I mean... I think the mj scenes getting cut might of been less about time and flow, and more about the shalene backlash

I'm sure time has something to do with the cuts however the S6 was not part of the plan initially. Dehaan commented on this in an interview. And then Tolmach stated the same thing in a different interview--he said the S6 evolved throughout prinicipal photography. The idea that everything was originating from Oscorp was part of that process and so they decided during filming to make those changes. I'm sorry but making those types of changes DURING principal filming is just asking for problems.

And maybe the cutting of Shailene has something to do with the 'fans' being so stupid, but it also sounds like she was cut to make room for this fantastic Oscorp-S6 they are making #sarcasm.

So, you are right in some regard in that listening to the 'fans' isn't necessarily always the best thing as many 'fans' probably fit into the bashing on things without actual constructive arguments category. And the filmmakers should trust their own judgements and just pick something and stick with it. But there are many fans, like you for example, that have a long educated history with this character and can make good criticisms that should be heard by the film creators. And lastly but not leastly, listening to the 'fans' is what brought about the awesome suit redesign for ASM2. So, what we say can have a good impact on these movies.

Hum...okay Joker.

Yes it is ok. Unless you can prove me wrong and show me where these villains are popular and held in high esteem with the masses.

Lol ok indeed... its got quite alot of facebook fans which actually say more about the general publics opinion than these message boards do.

Halle Berry's Catwoman movie has over two hundred thousand likes on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catwoman/107623375927221?fref=ts

TASM 2 has a hundred and eleven thousand; https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2/112758395401843?fref=ts

Even less than Catwoman by a considerable number. Then there's the Green Lantern movie which has nearly 4 MILLION likes on FB; https://www.facebook.com/greenlanternmovie?fref=ts

By your logic Catwoman and Green Lantern are more popular with the general public than TASM 2.

Last edited:
Prove me that TASM fanbase is minority.

Because Iron Man last movies weren't good as the first instalment but the third one rocketed at the box office even receiving a huge amounts of hate.

But if you really want to do some research then search at Facebook comment and even Twitter.

I hardly see any hating in those social medias. Sure,there's the ones that disliked but not as many of those who liked it.

You can't say that it's fanbase is a minority.You don't have such knowledge unless you are Bruce Wayne and hack to every cell phone in the planet.

EDIT: Villains? That defines it's fanbase? We aren't talking about who was the more memorable. At least that wasn't your point.

Prove me that TASM fanbase is minority.

I didn't say the TASM fanbase, I said the fans that hold the awful villains from this franchise in high esteem.

The lack of evidence that there is any great love for them is the proof.

Because Iron Man last movies weren't good as the first instalment but the third one rocketed at the box office even receiving a huge amounts of hate.

No it didn't. The hate Iron Man 3 got was predominantly about the Mandarin twist.

Also I don't need to point out your fatal flaw in measuring quality by box office do I?

But if you really want to do some research then search at Facebook comment and even Twitter.

I just did. I just proved the awful Catwoman and Green Lantern movies have more likes than TASM 2. Does that mean they're more popular than TASM 2?

I hardly see any hating in those social medias. Sure,there's the ones that disliked but not as many of those who liked it.

You can't say that it's fanbase is a minority.You don't have such knowledge unless you are Bruce Wayne and hack to every cell phone in the planet.

Again I'm not calling the fanbase of the movies a minority. I'm talking about the god awful excuses for villains.

Last edited:
I think pretending that the film you liked didn't have a mixed reception when it obviously did is silly. Acknowledging that fact doesn't invalidate ones feelings about that film.

I didn't say the TASM fanbase, I said the fans that hold the awful villains from this franchise in high esteem.

The lack of evidence that there is any great love for them is the proof.

No it didn't. The only hate Iron Man 3 got was predominantly about the Mandarin twist.

Also I don't need to point out your fatal flaw in measuring quality by box office do I?

I just did. I just proved the awful Catwoman movie has more likes than TASM 2. Does that mean it's more popular than TASM 2?

Again I'm not calling the fanbase of the movies a minority. I'm talking about the god awful excuses for villains.

They aren't the best villains even written if that's what you are talking about.

I visited the Iron Man boards and their reactions to the movie wasn't good :huh: But Okay lol.

I NEVER once said that the Box Office determines the quality of a movie but for the contrary. Or else Transformers would be a master piece. What I said is that how such successful movie didn't well with it's fanbase.

Again,I misread your post about TASM fanbase being a minority which I clearly disagree.

They aren't the best villains even written if that's what you are talking about.

I'm talking about them overall with writing, costume/look, execution etc. People don't generally rate these villains highly at all, many consider them terrible, and those that do rate them highly are definitely a minority. Even fans of these movies generally acknowledge the villains are the weakest part.

Great actors cast in badly written roles.

I visited the Iron Man boards and their reactions to the movie wasn't good :huh: But Okay lol.

Take out the Mandarin twist complaints, and those complaints shrink. I'm not saying it's a flawless perfect movie, but hated it's not. It's just one controversial plot point that caused a wave of complaints. Iron Man 3 did well critically, financially, and has a 79% audience liking on RT which it has steadily maintained for over a year, whereas TASM 2 has gone from 80's down to currently 68% (it was 69% last week) in the space of 4 months, and it will no doubt continue to drop.

I predict by this time next year it will be in the 50's, maybe lower.

I NEVER once said that the Box Office determines the quality of a movie but for the contrary. Or else Transformers would be a master piece. What I said is that how such successful movie didn't well with it's fanbase.

Well that's kind of a moot point because we all know that bad movies can make a lot of money. So I'm not sure why you raised that point.

Last edited:
... that suggest more about the romance than anything... the romance is a huge aspect of spiderman mythos. Anyone who makes a comment like that clearly wants no part in watching a relationship....

He's not a big comic fan but the romance was a bit forced. Didn't feel natural at all.

Oh yea like your crush at school is gonna stop the kid who's kicking your ass.

Yes it is ok. Unless you can prove me wrong and show me where these villains are popular and held in high esteem with the masses.

Halle Berry's Catwoman movie has over two hundred thousand likes on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catwoman/107623375927221?fref=ts

TASM 2 has a hundred and eleven thousand; https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2/112758395401843?fref=ts

Even less than Catwoman by a considerable number. Then there's the Green Lantern movie which has nearly 4 MILLION likes on FB; https://www.facebook.com/Theamazingspiderman2movie

By your logic Catwoman and Green Lantern are more popular with the general public than TASM 2.

And theyve had SEVERAL years of a lead.... invalid point

Why does one need "evidence" to like something. People who like it will like it, and people who hate it will hate it. I'm done with these boards. Just a big waste of time and effort. The same stupid cycle of argument over and over again.

He's not a big comic fan but the romance was a bit forced. Didn't feel natural at all.

Oh yea like your crush at school is gonna stop the kid who's kicking your ass.

.... sorry I highly disagree. I think the Gwen and Peter relationship has probably been the best sh romance on film. Felt very natural. One of the biggest compliments this franchise has gotten is the Emma/Andrew chemistry. You crazy man! Lol

And theyve had SEVERAL years of a lead.... invalid point

Oh really so in 2-3 years you think TASM 2 will have gone from a hundred thousand to nearly 4 million likes? Pull the other one, man, it's got huge Christmas bells on it.

But we'll play by your new logic on this. The god awful TMNT movie that came out this year well after TASM 2, has a million and a half likes on FB; https://www.facebook.com/TMNTfilm?fref=ts

Fifteen times more than TASM 2. I guess that means it's more popular than TASM 2 right?

Last edited:
Oh really so in 2-3 years you think TASM 2 will have gone from a hundred thousand to nearly 4 million likes? Pull the other one, man, it's got huge Christmas bells on it.

But we'll play by your new logic on this. The god awful TMNT movie that came out this year has over a million likes on FB; https://www.facebook.com/TMNTfilm?fref=ts

Ten times more than TASM 2. I guess that means it's more popular than TASM 2 right?

And people keep seeing that god awful movie... and a ridiculous amount saw T4 which also sucked...

Sucky movies have fans. Turtles has the biggest nostalgia fandom of the year, hands down.

I definitely think amz 2 will easily get more likes than catwoman and green lantern. No contest.

You also have to realize theres a good chance sequels on facebook underperform in l"ikes" due to one major reason the others are just the characters name. Theres soooo many facebook fan pages its incredibly easy to see "like catwoman" and think its the character rather than the movie. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is clearly the film and not to be confused with simply "spider-man"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"