The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 87

ASM2 score was quite good. Unlike the Raimi films, you can actually hum it which is bonus points as far as I'm concerned.

My favorite track would probably have to be "I'm Goblin". Really nerve-wracking.

The score for ASM 2 is, without exaggeration, probably the worst score I've ever heard for a superhero film.

Most definitely. The worst track was Electro's "He lied to me...he shot at me...".

*Cringe*

I can't believe Hans Zimmer churned out that crap.

Unlike the Raimi films, you can actually hum it which is bonus points as far as I'm concerned.

I can hum the Raimi movies score easily. I couldn't hum the ASM 2 score if my life depended on it.

Last edited:
The Raimi score is iconic and imaginative. This is the K-mart knockoff.

[YT]iOv0T_zfaDI[/YT]

I love the Rami main theme's and the introduction music in the opening credits but the rest of the music in the movies is just average where on the other hand the music main theme in amazing Spider-Man 2 is so so but the rest of the movie has epic music!

I love the Rami main theme's and the introduction music in the opening credits but the rest of the music in the movies is just average where on the other hand the music main theme in amazing Spider-Man 2 is so so but the rest of the movie has epic music!

giphy.gif

To be fair: the only bits of the ASM 2 score that I can recall are the main theme I just posted (which is obviously heard several times throughout the film) and several of the songs involving Electro. So maybe that's not enough to crown it the worst superhero score I've ever heard (I can't recall any songs from FFINO), but it's certainly a contender.

Most definitely. The worst track was Electro's "He lied to me...he shot at me...".

*Cringe*

I can hum the Raimi movies score easily. I couldn't hum the ASM 2 score if my life depended on it.
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Both TASM themes were specifically composed to be easy to hum. (Webb said this was important to him) While I have no problem humming the Raimi theme (or any theme) I have a hard time believing you couldn't hum TASM2's theme if your life depended on it... :shrug:

Btw, I liked Electro's suite. I didn't like the dubstep parts but the idea of hearing the villain's deranged thoughts in his theme is pretty inspired imo.

To be fair: the only bits of the ASM 2 score that I can recall are the main theme I just posted (which is obviously heard several times throughout the film) and several of the songs involving Electro. So maybe that's not enough to crown it the worst superhero score I've ever heard (I can't recall any songs from FFINO), but it's certainly a contender.

The Electro theme alone is a contender for the worst.

I really don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that it is epic.

1242225474_attempting_to_give_a_damn.gif

Both TASM themes were specifically composed to be easy to hum.

And we all know that when something is intended to be specific, it always succeeds.

While I have no problem humming the Raimi theme (or any theme) I have a hard time believing you couldn't hum TASM2's theme if your life depended on it

Your belief in that fact is neither desired nor required, harry. But thanks for caring.

Last edited:
Amazing Spider-Man 2 where ever thing including its score is grossly underrated.

*Splutter of laughter*

Yeah, you always hear praises heaped on the score for this movie.
I mean, I've seen people say they liked it. I myself don't like the main theme as it sounds like an Olympics event or elevator music you'd hear in a mall. They should've kept the Hero's theme from TASM1! (it's hummable though imo) But the rest of the score is wonderful. People appreciated what Zimmer & the Magnificent Six did with the score.. I'm Goblin, Still Crazy, Sum Total, You're that Spider Guy, Let her go, Harry's suite (almost makes me cry) Electro's suite (gives me chills), I'm Electro, Special Projects, There he is (one of my favorites) etc all amazing.

Also, don't forget "I chose you" Beautiful.

I will admit, the scene when Peter comes back was very well done. The music buildup combined with Rhino rampaging and him looking at his mask (brilliant callback to TASM when he looked at msk & accepted the responsibility). Perfect. :spidey:

The only thing B&R killed was the Batman franchise. Just like TASM 2 did to Spidey. Only Spidey's rescue came a lot sooner than Batman's did thankfully.

The only thing B&R killed was the Batman franchise. Just like TASM 2 did to Spidey. Only Spidey's rescue came a lot sooner than Batman's did thankfully.

It is a myth that Batman & Robin killed the genre. Blade came out the very next year and X-Men within three.

"ok lol ASM 2 score is better then any other CBM scores ever out side of maybe the dark knight trilogy score."

Not
Even
Close

The Raimi score is iconic and imaginative. This is the K-mart knockoff.

[YT]iOv0T_zfaDI[/YT]

lol Everytime I hear it, I think of a newscast theme.

Seriously, just say something like "This is NBC12 NIGHTLY NEWS" over it, and yeah. Newscast.

Btw, I liked Electro's suite. I didn't like the dubstep parts but the idea of hearing the villain's deranged thoughts in his theme is pretty inspired imo.

Admittedly, my opinion doesn't mean much in this area since music rarely makes an impression on me. However, after seeing the word "dubstep" here on SHH (I had never heard of it before that), I paid special attention to Electro's theme the next time I watched ASM2. For the manner in which it was used, I thought it worked just fine.

Batman & Robin killed the CBM genre...

That's an overstatement. It wasn't the only underperforming CBM in 1997.

The only thing B&R killed was the Batman franchise.

Steel also didn't help the prospects for DC properties after 1997.

It is a myth that Batman & Robin killed the genre. Blade came out the very next year and X-Men within three.

B&R just made Warner Brothers more unsure of themselves. They knew the interest for CBMs was still out there (the movies that you mentioned prove it), but they were unsure of how to exploit that interest.

*Cringe*

He wasn't the only composer for that movie, there were six more, including the composer for Mad Max Fury Road and Deadpool.
"He lied to me" is not the style of either one of them, I'll give it to one of the other five composers.

lol Everytime I hear it, I think of a newscast theme.

Seriously, just say something like "This is NBC12 NIGHTLY NEWS" over it, and yeah. Newscast.
Thinking about it, I agree with this statement. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"