Homecoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" Early Box Office Prediction Thread.

LizardMan07

Eaten by Lizards
Reaction score
Let the hype begin!

Are we set for the lowest grossing Spidey film yet? Or will TASM3 hit back, and resurrect the new series? YOU decide!!

I hope it out grosses Spider-Man 3 and every other CBM that year. (Except BVS, that's gonna be impossible to beat).

It's not getting my money so there goes $15. I'm pirating or sneaking in. Sony has a worse track record with Spidey than Fox with X-Men...time to close shop.

It's not getting my money so there goes $15. I'm pirating or sneaking in. Sony has a worse track record with Spidey than Fox with X-Men...time to close shop.

Aw, I'm sure Sony is very disappointed. :(

Assuming it is the next film in the franchise, and they don't try to do something stupid like shoehorn Sinister Six in before it, I think it will make something in the range of $150 million domestic, $600 million worldwide. I would be very surprised if it doesn't drop. The question is how much?

I think we're going to see a continuing decline for this film series. A good film could mitigate the damage and put Spidey on a path similar to X-Men where while we'll see a few films decline financially, the improved quality will eventually bring back audiences. A bad film would just be a disaster for Sony.

Last edited:
Yeah I pretty much agree with Hippie a good film might bump up the gross a little but I think it'll take 2 good films in a row to bring it back to the well oiled machine the franchise once was

I didn't know that the asm3 bords wore opeing in till like a 20 minutes ago let the games begin. I am going to say 700 million. I don't think franchise fatiue is a problem I think that is just silly. Harry potter had like 8 movies in 10 years and iron man 1-3 plus him in anvergers in 5 years and 7 xmen movies if you cont the spin offs in like 13 years and those movies all did great in the last one. If franchise fatige was a issue iron man 3, xmen dofp and the last few harry pators should have had issues and they all did great. The problem is that sm 3 and asm2 are consider bad or even terable and asm1 just slighylty good. Spider man needs a really good or even great movie. I fell asm2 was great and I don't see what peoples problems are with the movie but people don't like it. Because of the last 3 movies I think it is going to take 2 really good great sm movies in a row to get a lot of people back has this franchise has lost like half of its ticket sales form sm 1-3 days. Also we don't know if this movie is going to be deyland or not. If the movie is not deyland and comes out in 2016 the movie is going to face way way more compation has no year has ever been has jammed packed has 2016 is. If asm3 comes out in 2016 and makes has much has asm2 I think that would be a good sing considering how many big movies are coming out in 2016. So I think 700 million would be optimistic I don't see how the movie could make 800 million if it comes out in 2016 with how the last 3 movies have been resived and with the compation that year. Now if asm3 is really good or great the I could see asm4 if great or really good to making a billion or more.

Last edited:
I think we're going to see a continuing decline for this film series. A good film could mitigate the damage and put Spidey on a path similar to X-Men where while we'll see a few films decline financially, the improved quality will eventually bring back audiences. A bad film would just be a disaster for Sony.

Agreed. The franchise is at a crossroads, similar to X-Men with First Class. The box office plummeted with First Class, but because it was great the franchise started winning people back and the box office increased for subsequent films. So I think TASM3 will go down regardless, but whether it is good or not will have a big impact on the fortunes of TASM4 and the franchise's future as a whole. Another bad film and the franchise is in deep, deep trouble.

If I wanna be realistic:

150-180m North America
400+ OS

Aw, I'm sure Sony is very disappointed. :(

They are with ASM2 only making $200m domestic lolol. You need to rewatch it about 10 million times so Sony can be happy. Better get to it.

I voted for 700 million just because it's the most realistic imo. Even if it's in 80's/90's on RT audiences still have a bad taste in their mouth from TASM 2.

Really? I thought that all the GA scores were positive...

I voted 800 million because, i really want this to succeed! :hubba

So it leaved a bad taste on their mouths? Don't think so.

At least is what I see on Facebook and Twitter.

The tragic thing from Sony's perspective is that it's going to take a TDK/Avengers quality film to even think about reaching 700M WW this time around (unless the "overseas boom" remains that strong in the next couple of years). They might have to rely once again on the automatic growth of a few key emerging markets to save face.

Beyond that, I think it's way too early to make any relevant prediction. At this point i'd guess it can make anywhere between 500M and 700M depending on quality and marketing efficiency. Coming from three outings with mixed to bad reception, it's going to be an uphill battle for sure and if TASM2 showed something is that the Spider-Man franchise is not immune anymore, BO-wise, to the effects of a badly received film.

And aside from box office I think the main challenge will be to keep the next film's production budget under control (which implies planning the film better, and that won't be easy if the film isn't delayed at least a year) and cut down marketing costs and advertising efforts overall.

PS: I did not touch upon the subject of competition because I strongly think the film is going to be delayed at least a year but if Sony sticks to their 2016 release date, between Captain America 3, Batman v Superman, X-Men Apocalypse, Alice In Wonderland 2, How To Train Your Dragon 3, Finding Dory, Independence Day 2 and Doctor Strange (possibly) this film is bound to get crushed and crushed badly. Even if a couple of those get delayed the competition in the genre only will annihilate it. 2017 could end up being just as crowded as 2016 but it would at least give them time to polish the script, plan the film better than the last two outings and maybe offer a decent viewing experience this time.

If it's better than ASM2, maybe about $750M. About as much as the first one.

Even if comes out great, I still doubt it'll make any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"