The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: Box Office Thread - Part 3

Someone is a bit slow if they didn't understand my post from the beginning.

The domestic market showed a huge decrease from TAS-M and Raimi's trilogy. Perhaps people just don't seem to care for Spidey that much or people don't seem to care for this new take and it doesn't bode well for TAS-M 2.

Domestically, it has been decreasing since the the first film.

SM1=403M
SM3=336M

It's not a new franchise, we're 4 movies in, it can't keep making huge amounts of money at a steady pace. Only a big name director or actor could really boost it domestically. Think Johnny Depp playing Carnage or Steven Spielberg/James Cameron directing a film. It's now some other film's turn to make the big bucks (Avengers/Dark Knight) Spider-Man had his turn on top.

It was never decreased as much to only make $20 million or so more than its budget.

Plus...to say a film needs a big-named director or actor to boost any number is ridiculous. If a film is good regardless, it will make some money. How the hell do you think 300, a film with only a $65 million dollar budget, made a domestic gross of $210 million and a WW gross of $456 million when the director was someone who only made one movie beforehand and not a well-known one at that? Plus, even Butler wasn't that well known until 300 was released.

Not all good films make money, hell, not all great films make money. The point is, this is a comic book film, in a saturated market of new comic book films, sorry but Spider-Man can't keep making the same amount of money with every release. The novelty eventually wears off, especially in this genre. It's doing much better than most 4th/reboot films of a franchise...even better than most first comic book films.

Last edited:
It may be doing better, but as I said from the beginning, it will mean something, in a negative view, if the sequel doesn't make quite a bit of money for the domestic market because the product of this reboot may not be what a lot of people want to see.

And yet, as I said anyways, Sony will only keep making them because of Spidey's rights and Sony not wanting to let them go. They won't care for domestic because of the foreign market keeping TAS-M alive.

lol, what do you have against foreign money? Money is money. The key here is, keep making Spidey movies WITHOUT giving the movie rights back to Marvel. I win on both accounts. :)

You win on what accounts? Just wanting to watch Spidey?

Because that wasn't even the point I'm making. I hate to see TAS-M 2's BO #'s in 2014 in the states. THAT'S my point. We know Sony can't let go of the only franchise keeping them afloat so they will keep making films and it seems like it'll do better outside of the US.

Someone is a bit slow if they didn't understand my post from the beginning.

The domestic market showed a huge decrease from TAS-M and Raimi's trilogy. Perhaps people just don't seem to care for Spidey that much or people don't seem to care for this new take and it doesn't bode well for TAS-M 2.

Thats because Spidey is no more the most famous superhero character

With Batman done and TA2 still a long way off,the sequel has a good chance to re-conquer domestic territory all the while increasing foreign fan-base

It was never decreased as much to only make $20 million or so more than its budget.

Plus...to say a film needs a big-named director or actor to boost any number is ridiculous. If a film is good regardless, it will make some money. How the hell do you think 300, a film with only a $65 million dollar budget, made a domestic gross of $210 million and a WW gross of $456 million when the director was someone who only made one movie beforehand and not a well-known one at that? Plus, even Butler wasn't that well known until 300 was released.

Butler was a lot more known than Garfield
TASM had very low star power

Butler was a lot more known than Garfield
TASM had very low star power

Low star power?

Omg dude get on TUMBLR more. Stonfield is the biggest shiz right now, and was before.

Girls are spilling there guts for Garf.

You win on what accounts? Just wanting to watch Spidey?

Because that wasn't even the point I'm making. I hate to see TAS-M 2's BO #'s in 2014 in the states. THAT'S my point. We know Sony can't let go of the only franchise keeping them afloat so they will keep making films and it seems like it'll do better outside of the US.

I seriously dont get your mentality..yes I agree it should have done better in the domestic market but it wont effect the sequel at all if the sequel turns out to be good

TASM will end up making 30M more than its budget domestically and its a huge failure in your opinion,while BB was a huge success for making 55M more,I didnt know 25M Makes such a huge difference?
Hell,Even Fantastic four made 55M more than its budget yet the sequel was terrible
Point being..this wont effect the sequel..only thing which will effect is how good or bad that movie itself it..it can go the Dark Knight way or even Rise of the Silver Surfer way

Low star power?

Omg dude get on TUMBLR more. Stonfield is the biggest shiz right now, and was before.

Girls are spilling there guts for Garf.

Thats after TASM released..same thing happened with Maguire

Before the release people hardly knew him

Honestly... Andrew Garfield isn't a HUGE star and frankly I don't see many girls ''spilling their guts for him''.

He'll lean on Spider-man fame for a while.

Honestly... Andrew Garfield isn't a HUGE star and frankly I don't see many girls ''spilling their guts for him''.

He'll lean on Spider-man fame for a while.

True but its fair to say that his fan base has increased multiple times after TASM's release

ASM is a solid start to this new reboot. Will be interesting to see how this movie does on Blu ray and DVD, i.e. if all the people who skipped it at the cinema give it a chance on home theatre. I suspect the sequel will make or break the franchise.

©KAW;24173347 said:
Stonfield?

Is this a new comic book?

Ston - Emma Stone
field - Andrew Garfield

I think it's cute.

Stonfield is what they are being called on the interwebs now.
They were ever most tweeted about for a while, Emma is ALREADY HUGE among teenagers, if you can't see that then...

Dude I could throw you the same link about Michelle Pfeiffer...

Doesn't mean shes a huge asset at the moment. Tumblr is not reflective of a large opinion.

Michelle Pfeiffer is much less popular these days than at her height.

Garfield on the other hand, is well on his way to achieving the Robert Pattinson/David Tennant/Matt Smith/Daniel Radcliffe level of popularity around the Internet. Not there yet, but he will be. Inevitably. :) (Heck, it started slowly building when he was Doctor Who, 5 years ago!)

Also, I find it funny that people can say a film with Martin Sheen and Denis Leary has low star power. Maguire was arguably less known than Garfield before doing Spider-Man. It was the supporting cast in both films that have the star power.

Michelle Pfeiffer is much less popular these days than at her height.

Garfield on the other hand, is well on his way to achieving the Robert Pattinson/David Tennant/Matt Smith/Daniel Radcliffe level of popularity around the Internet. Not there yet, but he will be. Inevitably. :) (Heck, it started slowly building when he was Doctor Who, 5 years ago!)

Also, I find it funny that people can say a film with Martin Sheen and Denis Leary has low star power. Maguire was arguably less known than Garfield before doing Spider-Man. It was the supporting cast in both films that have the star power.

Garfield is becoming one of the big name young stars as you listed, Michelle is dead in Hollywood.

Spider-Man mocks the Joker.

[YT]qs_IxzyXymU[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"