The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious the snout was removed because the Lizard was going to talk. Imagine Lizard talking with a snout.

I really dug Lizard and the way he talked.

It's pretty obvious the snout was removed because the Lizard was going to talk. Imagine Lizard talking with a snout.

Yes, but imo it wasn't worth it. 6 completely uninteresting lines and 2-3 non-key instances of emoting. Missed opportunity.

He definitely needs complete control. The human aspect was one of the things I enjoyed the most. Like the end, when Peter comes home, fakes that big, ass grin to make everything seem alright, while he's bloody and bruised all over. Then pulls off his back pack, and even that hurts, and then slowly pulls out the eggs he forgot to buy last time. They hug and he completely tired just says "I had a rough night...".

I just loved that part so much.

I agree. I just think he(Webb) gets it. Certainly, more than Raimi. He has a better understanding of the characterization of this young, irresponsible, forgetful, teenager, Peter Parker, who just got powers that he's getting use to.

Last edited:
The crane scene felt a little cheesy, understandable, and I like people for helping spidey in that scene, but it felt a bit cheesy
I like the way and the reason behind people helping Spidey in the first movie more

No, it wasn't cheesy. The guy knew spidey from saving his son and wanted to help. I have been to New York several times and there is always construction going on and cranes all over. to me it felt heroic and epic. In Spider-man 2002 all the people did to help was through garbage at the goblin and sream out which did nothing.

No, it wasn't cheesy. The guy knew spidey from saving his son and wanted to help. I have been to New York several times and there is always construction going on and cranes all over. to me it felt heroic and epic. In Spider-man 2002 all the people did to help was through garbage at the goblin and sream out which did nothing.

I just assumed there was some hypodermic needles in some of that trash they were throwing.

People at the bridge kept the Goblin a bit occupied a bit until the boat came to the tram and MJ
I do understand the point of the crane, and see the heroism in it, but felt a bit cheesy in my first view of the film, I might lose it in later views

People at the bridge kept the Goblin a bit occupied a bit until the boat came to the tram and MJ
I do understand the point of the crane, and see the heroism in it, but felt a bit cheesy in my first view of the film, I might lose it in later views

I can't help but feeling there was another 'too many coincidences' like in Spider-Man 3. Where the policeman hunting Peter is Gwen's father, Gwen happens to work with Connors (who works for Osborn), who used to work with Peter's father; Spider-Man saves the kid of the guy who happens to work in construction who happens to be the guy helping him. It doesn't really bothers me, but suspension of disbelief works to a certain point.

I can't help but feeling there was another 'too many coincidences' like in Spider-Man 3. Where the policeman hunting Peter is Gwen's father, Gwen happens to work with Connors (who works for Osborn), who used to work with Peter's father; Spider-Man saves the kid of the guy who happens to work in construction who happens to be the guy helping him. It doesn't really bothers me, but suspension of disbelief works to a certain point.

All the spider-man movies have coincidences like this. Hopefully we get a villain in the next film totally unrelated to Peter.

Regarding that first coincidence, that is accurate to the original books.

All the spider-man movies have coincidences like this. Hopefully we get a villain in the next film totally unrelated to Peter.
That's what I'm hoping for, although it looks like they might go down the whole Oscorp route like the TSSM cartoon. But that show was awesome so as long as it's good

Why would it be a problem? It's not like they weren't going to dub the voice for Lizard during post-production, anyway.

Regarding that first coincidence, that is accurate to the original books.

I know, I know. But somehow it didn't bother me in the first two movies. It became more notorious in the 3rd one.

We're now into it's second week of release and I saw it again just so I can pick up on things I hadn't noticed, the audience was probably half packed this time.

So can we assume that ASM has made a decent amount of business, are the naysayers satisfied? Personally for me watching it a second time I found myself bored because we have to wade through an hour of character introduction (Peter getting bitten, AGAIN!) before Spider-Man shows up, here's where I think a rehash of Spidey's origin wasn't necessary.

Sure it's a new cast and crew but I think if Sony just disregarded retelling the origin and have it continued like with the James Bond franchise (Connery, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan) then we can jump into Spidey action from the beginning.

*Crazy theory*
Do you think RIM saw the "Untold Story"? because he didn´t review it or explained why he didn´t like it

I need some help here guys.

I really liked the part of the score for this movie where Peter is hunting down uncle Bens killer, he comes to this guy who is hitting a woman and says something like" so you like beating on women and old men" and than this kick ass creepy and spider like score starts where other guys gang up on him and fight him all over the alley and rooftops.

I think this track has some form of chanting and I think I found the track, but there is no chanting in it like in the movie.

Any help here? Could anyone link me to this track on youtube?

I need some help here guys.

I really liked the part of the score for this movie where Peter is hunting down uncle Bens killer, he comes to this guy who is hitting a woman and says something like" so you like beating on women and old men" and than this kick ass creepy and spider like score starts where other guys gang up on him and fight him all over the alley and rooftops.

I think this track has some form of chanting and I think I found the track, but there is no chanting in it like in the movie.

Any help here? Could anyone link me to this track on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZSYsTdBPDg here, the thing you're talking about is later on this track

*Crazy theory*
Do you think RIM saw the "Untold Story"? because he didn´t review it or explained why he didn´t like it

Maybe. If so, maybe it's good that they didn't have that plot included in the final cut

I love that bit as well! got me pumped up when first view the film and heard it, when Parker was doing all that parkour stuff and flipping on that poll! Fantastic!

Yeah, I like this film much more then any previous Spidey film, but I will say the crane scene just came off a bit cheesy. Nothing to match the cheese in the old Spidey films, but it was still cheesy. It didn't ruin the movie or anything, but I didn't think it was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"