The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm moreso Brock as Venom than Venom himself.

"Yeah, you exposed my fake news story, that I didn't bother checking the facts, therefore you are responsible and I hate you. Time to die."

That's just woeful writing.
I agree that Brock's original comic origin is pretty horrible.

However, I loved what they did with him in SSM. I would love to see something like that.

Ugh, it's a personal pet-peeve of mine when they put someone in the shadows in the first movie and wait to cast them until the 2nd, as if we wouldn't notice that the voice is a completely different person (I'm looking at you, Sherlock Holmes). The guy Michael Massee portrayed in the shadows at the end of this movie was so obviously not Jamie Foxx, I really hope he wasn't supposed to be Electro.

The electricity burns his skin and he becomes black. :whatever:

OK, that might be really racist. Sorry.

LOL a little racism. But it is quite funny! :D

Agreed. Eddie Brock was written at his best in TSSM.

It's the best Spider-Man show in almost every aspect. The animation style was cool until they started doing it cheaper on the second season on certain episodes.

Ugh, it's a personal pet-peeve of mine when they put someone in the shadows in the first movie and wait to cast them until the 2nd, as if we wouldn't notice that the voice is a completely different person (I'm looking at you, Sherlock Holmes). The guy Michael Massee portrayed in the shadows at the end of this movie was so obviously not Jamie Foxx, I really hope he wasn't supposed to be Electro.

There's no evidence that Massee was portraying Electro. Don't bother saying your "but he disappeared with lightning!" theory people, because he didn't change into lightning. While the lightning might be a simple nod to what the character is, it was just a hallusination, or he was Mysterio. If he physically turned to lighting it would've looked way different.

The biggest probability is that the lightning is just theatricality 101 (being Norman), and the second biggest probability is that it's self aware simplistic theatricality in hinting that it's Mysterio

Has Electro ever turned into lightning in the comics?
I don't think he did.

Ugh, I'm sick of all the theories surrounding the lightning during the post-credits scene. Have people forgotten theatrics in storytelling? Not everything is so literal as everyone builds things up to be.

Why is the man in the shadows an issue, I thought he was the same guy on the hologram in the Oscorps Lobby??? ;)

Who was the man on the hologram in Oscorp's lobby?

The hologram was a guy with short hair and glasses while the Man in the Shadows had long hair and no glasses. Can't see how both are the same person.

The hologram was a guy with short hair and glasses while the Man in the Shadows had long hair and no glasses. Can't see how both are the same person.

Who are you talking about, dude? Normal Osborn?

The hologram picture looks suspiciously alot like Peter Parker/Richard Parker.

I think the dude with the hat in the ending credits scene definitely is Norman.

The haircut on the hologram and the glasses don't really say much. Could very well be a picture of Norman when younger. A haircut can change in a day.

People are assuming both are Norman Osborn.

Ohhh I get it, thanks! Works for me, especially if the guy was younger in the hologram than before or due to many things!

EDIT: What Oscorp said, basically.

I actually wish Norman kinda had that look from his hologram because he looks cool there, like an awesome celebrity. Of course, he's go that disease or something? He probably doesn't look as cool now.

The hologram picture looks suspiciously alot like Peter Parker/Richard Parker.

I think the dude with the hat in the ending credits scene definitely is Norman.

The haircut on the hologram and the glasses don't really say much. Could very well be a picture of Norman when younger. A haircut can change in a day.

Webb came out and said that it was someone comic fans would know, but that it definitely was not Norman. So unless he's lying (which is possible, but I'm not sure why he would) it wasn't Norman.

Webb came out and said that it was someone comic fans would know, but that it definitely was not Norman. So unless he's lying (which is possible, but I'm not sure why he would) it wasn't Norman.

He says that in the DVD/Blu-ray?

If you're referring to an interview, don't you mean the Rhys Ifans one? I can actually imagine Ifans lying to not spoil the surprise.

Hmm but if it isn't Norman, then that's weird anyway because Massee really has the looks down and I can imagine him with that crazy Goblin smile.

Unless he's Mysterio or Chameleon I can't see him as anyone else.

He says that in the DVD/Blu-ray?

If you're referring to an interview, don't you mean the Rhys Ifans one? I can actually imagine Ifans lying to not spoil the surprise.

Hmm but if it isn't Norman, then that's weird anyway because Massee really has the looks down and I can imagine him with that crazy Goblin smile.

Unless he's Mysterio or Chameleon I can't see him as anyone else.

My bad, it actually was Ifans. He said "It’s not Norman Osborn. But it is someone who is in the employ of Norman Osborn without question…Who knows? Maybe he will be the next bad guy; we’ll see."

He could be lying, actors have certainly been known to do it before (BB with Ras and TDKR with Talia) so we'll have to see. I got the feeling it was more of a guy who worked for Norman though, but it easily could be him. The post credits scene didn't really give much away.

But I could definitely imagine him as Mysterio or Chamelon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"