The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YT]G1XRNhHENio[/YT]

they mention Norman Osborn more in the movie than i thought

That's always been one of my favorite Spidey designs. I loved all of Teves's Spidey designs for the first movie. All of them are better than what they went with.
Thankfully I think that's going to be pretty close to what we'll end up with in the second film. I mean, the only thing they could mean by "more traditional" is the belt and maybe a bigger spider on the back. That's especially what it's going to look like if they keep TASM's sleek look in conjunction with the belt.

I also hope they put in more Spidey narration. I think that's a big part of the character that they left out of the film. Of course a lot of character narrate their comics, but with Spidey it's more than that. It shows how when he's swinging through the streets his mind is clear and he's able to reflect more clearly on his problems.

i didn´t see Norman hasn´t appeared since 2008, if Norman isgone sice that year, it will be interesting how they will introduce Harry Osborn

Last edited:
Only watched what he had to say about Andrew Garfield's performance. Anything else about TAS-M or no? If not, then at least he acknowledges the good stuff about the film.

He mentions how the movie was more realistic, and it was during a discussion about how these new CBMs are more realistic and grounded, stuff like that. Not much more tbh. Just glad he acknowledged it.

Once again, no humor in this thread.
"He's not rich enough to own a credit card as Peter, let it be a Spider-Card"
I was walking with the joke

card-spiderman.png

So it seems the card will expire before TAS-M 3....he better get a new one right after TAS-M 2 is released.

The ESU shirt in "Item 47" is the "newest". It's overlooked by most.

Everything else has been noted though.
:up: ESU in Item 47 is such a big deal. People forget about why it is so important.

Early in the video Stan talked to him about not liking to be called by the short version of his name, he prefers to be called 'Thomas'
I hope it can at least happen in one animated movie

I noticed, but it's quicker to type Tom.

Yeah, an animated crossover could be doable. Punisher is appearing in an Iron Man anime for some reason, so I don't see why they can't do a Spider-man/Punisher animated film.

Yeah, Webb said that there will be "gnarley" new web shooters. Speaking of that, I'm really interested in how the new suit will look. We know bigger eyes and "more traditional". I'm guessing they're mostly talking about the belt. Not sure if posted here yet, but here's a rendition of classic + TASM suit + bigger eyes.

qlYcS.jpg

Also hoping they get rid of the track shoes.

Just get rid of the stupid tracksuit lines down his legs. That's all I ask. I can live with everything else.

I love the design of the gloves in that pic! Hopefully they go with something similar.

I really like the angled webs on the chest for some reason

Yeah, an animated crossover could be doable. Punisher is appearing in an Iron Man anime for some reason, so I don't see why they can't do a Spider-man/Punisher animated film.
Sweet, now I need to watch that anime
And I promised myself to avoid Marvel anime
Just get rid of the stupid tracksuit lines down his legs. That's all I ask. I can live with everything else.
Same

I really don't mind the red lines which connect the boots to the belt. It makes sense to me, his gloves are connected to his shoulders with a similar line.

we don´t know,it could happen or not, anything is confirmed

Last edited:
Lol. People still expect TAS-M to be in the same universe as MCU.
Oh Anno. Its more than TASM being a part of the MCU, but Spider-Man in general. ESU is a part of the Spider-Man franchise, and the fact that it was being used in "Item 47" obviously means that Sony let them use it. They originally rejected them back when they were making TIH, so some kind of deal must have been made between Sony and Marvel/Disney when they were selling over their TV and marketing rights.

we don´t know,it could happen or not, anything is confirmed

Definitely hope it doesn't happen. He's not like anyone in the MCU who has very weak rogue galleries and not a great universe to handle by themselves; Spider-Man does and we have yet scratched the surface with Raimi's trilogy.

Oh Anno. Its more than TASM being a part of the MCU, but Spider-Man in general. ESU is a part of the Spider-Man franchise, and the fact that it was being used in "Item 47" obviously means that Sony let them use it. They originally rejected them back when they were making TIH, so some kind of deal must have been made between Sony and Marvel/Disney when they were selling over their TV and marketing rights.

It's fine as an easter egg, but by saying it's a big deal....what is? You think this version of Spidey will indeed be in the MCU when we haven't even heard of a rumor about it?

I did mention "Spider-Man in general." Its not impossible, that's all I'm saying.

Lol. People still expect TAS-M to be in the same universe as MCU.

i want a 20 page essay from you apologizing if it is.

double spaced.

with citations

:oldrazz:

lol but srs dude. its significant whether you want to admit it or not. just like Avengers and ASM “originally” having a unified skyline.

Last edited:
and the unified skyline was confirmed.

By both parties I believe. I know the Sony side at least confirmed it.

Last edited:
Here's a discussion topic.
Where did Peter keep his phone?
Specifically when he first goes into the sewers with the giant web and camera.
Not his bag as he didn't have the bag while in the Sewers, or in his hand before that part.

The whole joint universe thing won't happen :o little easter eggs are expected, but it will never go any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"