The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - - Part 25

It was a lame excuse to have a fight at the school though.

So he finds the camera and then what? Why didn't the Lizard go immediately to Peter's house to kill him? No, instead he waits a day or so (?) to go to the school only because there needs to be an elaborate action spectacle at the school. Contrived is the word.

Because he didnt know his address

He knew his school as Gwen mentioned he was Midtown High's 2nd brightest kid

Am I the only one who thinks that the "Phil" photo has been taken inside a plane? That's what it looks to me, I dunno.

If it's a flashback sequence, it could involve Peter's parents crash?

"Phil" photo?

tumblr_mdjtbmkjx61rp7g3w.gif

As opposed to the hardcore average action in TASM, even when compared to Raimi's movies?

Watch the Sewer scene again,the physics was all wrong.Batman hits in one direction and Bane recoils in another,they were probably punching thin air.The other fight was better in this aspect but imo both of them were below par

And how many times do I have to repeat myself? Webb's action scenes felt pale in front of Raimi's but they were a lot better than the Dark Knight trilogy(Save TDK)

So it goes from copying Batman Begins to Prometheus now?
You dont know the difference between 'copying' and 'inspiration'

You got quick scenes and one very sloppy and slow scene(OsCorp Tower) and only one actually great action scene(the high school).
The Tower fight was still better than both the Bane fights

Disagree. He certainly achieved and surpassed with giving us great fights against a physical opponent.
I seriously have no idea why you are calling them 'great'

Did they have you at the edge of the seat like the Bat-pod chase or the Honk Kong scene? It sure didnt for me

As I said in another post,the physics was all wrong in the Sewer scene
Which is why I said that they were fighting like *****es,one hits in one direction and the other recoils in completely another direction

"Watch the Sewer scene again,the physics was all wrong.Batman hits in one direction and Bane recoils in another,they were probably punching thin air.The other fight was better in this aspect but imo both of them were below par

And how many times do I have to repeat myself? Webb's action scenes felt pale in front of Raimi's but they were a lot better than the Dark Knight trilogy(Save TDK)"

^ i think this is more or less on the mark

Am I the only one who thinks that the "Phil" photo has been taken inside a plane? That's what it looks to me, I dunno.

If it's a flashback sequence, it could involve Peter's parents crash?

I immediately thought of a plane as well!
could be a flashback indeed

"Watch the Sewer scene again,the physics was all wrong.Batman hits in one direction and Bane recoils in another,they were probably punching thin air.The other fight was better in this aspect but imo both of them were below par

And how many times do I have to repeat myself? Webb's action scenes felt pale in front of Raimi's but they were a lot better than the Dark Knight trilogy(Save TDK)"

:up:

You dont know the difference between 'copying' and 'inspiration'

I make a dig and you have the nerve to say that, lol.

For someone who thought Batman Begins copied Spider-Man in the romance region...

The Tower fight was still better than both the Bane fights

If you cared for a sloppy fight, then of course.

To me, I understand the raw nature of Bane in those scenes and how Batman had to 'brawl', whereas a giant Lizard was so damn slow in that scene and let's all forget that Spidey hurt his leg beforehand because the film itself sure had.

I seriously have no idea why you are calling them 'great'

Because they are?

They are the scenes I wanted to see in the last film of Nolan's trilogy that actually felt like pure fighting scenes with great choreography.

Did they have you at the edge of the seat like the Bat-pod chase or the Honk Kong scene? It sure didnt for me

That's you, but to answer your question, yes they did.

As I said in another post,the physics was all wrong in the Sewer scene
Which is why I said that they were fighting like *****es,one hits in one direction and the other recoils in completely another direction

The physics?

You mean the choreography? Some parts seemed off, but some actually looked just find as Bane did take some massive kidney shots to Batman. They weren't meant to hit the head.

You had forgotten many things about TDK to which I had to correct you, so maybe you oughta watch TDKR again and pay attention to the fights, because, you could have forgotten again.

:down

Last edited:
As much as I love the school fight scene both Bane vs Bats fights were much more intense and exciting. Im hoping Webb steps it up in terms of the fight choreography for the sequel, not that it was bad but it could use some work.

As much as I love the school fight scene both Bane vs Bats fights were much more intense and exciting. Im hoping Webb steps it up in terms of the fight choreography for the sequel, not that it was bad but it could use some work.

yeah, i mean it was his first movie with action

Said it before I could *shakes fist*
Haha, but yeah, I liked the fight scene at the school in TASM, but the Bane vs Batman fights were more intense, especially the first one with how one-sided it was quickly becoming.

I'm sorry, Webb needs to step up his fight choreography and you use Bane vs Batman as an example? I know I'm the minority here, but I still don't see what was so special about the Bane fights. Especially when they sport the occasional dodgy move and aren't even really all that special.

I'm not saying use it as an example, but he could step up the fight choreography for the next one. Especially since the villain is known to shoot bolts of lighting and whatnot.
And I guess there's Rhino to deal with too, I suppose.

As much as I love the school fight scene both Bane vs Bats fights were much more intense and exciting.

Said it before I could *shakes fist*
Haha, but yeah, I liked the fight scene at the school in TASM, but the Bane vs Batman fights were more intense, especially the first one with how one-sided it was quickly becoming.

I'm not saying use it as an example, but he could step up the fight choreography for the next one. Especially since the villain is known to shoot bolts of lighting and whatnot.
And I guess there's Rhino to deal with too, I suppose.

I think the choreography was actually pretty good. What people actually expect are longer fights. I mean really, was there anything actually bad or boring about the highschool fight? The way he tries to subdue the Lizard, the fight carrying over to the ceiling, zipping between his legs, the fight in the library. Really, after we had long ass fight in SM2, it's like anything less won't do anymore.

I don't think SM2 has that much to do with it, really. Or the want of a longer fight, though I wouldn't say no to it as long as it was exciting and epic. Maybe it was that we finally had a Spidey fight with him actually fighting like he usually does. He jumps around, constantly moving, and distracting the opponent with his webs, moves, and witty banter. The Raimi films didn't really do that, though I liked a lot of the fights in them. The fans probably just want more fights like that.

As far as "Bane vs. Batman" in TDKR, was it intense? Yes. We're used to seeing Batman deftly dealing with thugs and criminals with his exceptional fighting skills, so to see him get beatdown by someone not just his physical, but also mental, superior was kind of disheartening to watch. Intense? Very much so.

Was it exciting? Well, exciting, in the case of a superhero film, usually entails two superpowered or extremely acrobatic/athletic beings dishing out kicks and punches and jumping off buildings or whatever in a very choreographed way, kind of like a dance. It could also go either way for each fighter and you don't really know the outcome. A pretty good example of this is "Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock" fight.

So, taking that into consideration, "Bane vs. Batman" wasn't really "exciting", per se. Batman basically just throws punches for a bit and then Bane gives him a tremendous beatdown. It was very well "choreographed"*, but it wasn't what I'd call a "fight". If that was a fight, then it was very one-sided.

In the end, though, it's not really fair to compare the two. One is a somewhat graceful, off-the-wall fight, and the other basically a simple beatdown.

Anyways, back to TAS-M.

*(IMHO, I don't think great fight choreography has been Nolan's strong suit throughout the TDK trilogy. It was much more noticeable in the last film, as there were instances where people reacted to getting hit or falling down but obviously not getting punched. Nolan does excel, however, at creating very tense situations (i.e. -- The dream collapsing in Inception, Bane vs. Batman in TDKR, the lead-up to the end reveal in The Prestige, etc.). I still enjoy his films, nonetheless, just not for the "fights".)

Last edited:
Folks....if you want to discuss Batman....there is a Batman forum....this happens to be the Spider-Man forum.....

It's not so much discussing Batman, it's comparing it to TASM....which I don't know why, they're pretty different.

Because he didnt know his address

He knew his school as Gwen mentioned he was Midtown High's 2nd brightest kid

And he couldn't have opened a phone book or whatever to find his address? That's what I'm talking about, the character is (we can assume from his status as a scientist at a top research firm) halfway intelligent, but is stupid only when the plot calls for it. Weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"