The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - - Part 25

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' started by Thread Manager, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

2. AF3619

AF3619 You´re those Spider-guys!

what do you thnk is that?
    [​IMG]
    so we are getting daily production tease? hope Marc keeps updating

3. Rise_-

Rise_- Well-Known Member

I can see this leading to the new suit reveal. Please Marc, please.

4. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Same here. I think that could just be a prop in the background at Oscorp. Who knows...

5. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

That'd be great. I can sorta feel that too but I don't wanna get my hopes up.
    I'm eager to see what they did with the "bigger eyes". Saw this on Instagram the other day...I would like something among these lines..

[​IMG]

6. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Part of an Octobot?

7. RT59103

RT59103 Well-Known Member

Pic of Andrew & Emma today in NYC, I see some facial scruff so don't think Andrew has started filming yet!

[​IMG]

8. SymbioticToxin

SymbioticToxin Hello, bird

I don't think that picture has anything to do with Ock.

9. Spideyman123

Spideyman123 Well-Known Member

10. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Danger!

Yo guys. Check this out.
    The offices TASM Twitter released a press release? Of the film stating that production has started. Also named a new cast member of which we've never heard before. Norman? Also a description of the movie.

Film, Directed by Marc Webb, and Starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Jamie Foxx
    Set for Release May 2, 2014

New York, February 5, 2013 – Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

Marvel, and the names and distinctive likenesses of Spider-Man and all other Marvel characters: ™ and © 2013 Marvel Entertainment, LLC & its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.

11. AF3619

also who do you think Colm Feore will play?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  12. RT59103

Wow, I love Colm Feore! Quite well known here in Canada, has done amazing work here! This cast just gets better and better...I can totally see him as The Green Goblin, fingers crossed! :)

13. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

He is either playing Norman, JJ, or something else entirely.

14. Spideyfan93

Spideyfan93 Hayley Atwell I love you!

The plot thickens! And we need locations on this NYC filming! SET PHOTOS! SHH New Yorkers to spy!

15. MegaPrime1007

MegaPrime1007 Active Member

Wait so it's going to be called "The Amazing Spider Man 2"? Well that's creative (sarcasm)

16. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

The title choice is fine. Its a bit ridiculous to expect "spectacular/ultimate/sensational/web of" it completely uses up all the adjectives for future franchises....

And colme better be Norman. We need a normie

17. RT59103

I can't believe some ppl are spazzing out over the title on some other boards...does it really matter? All I care about is the actual movie and if it's any good, could care less about the title. And if they really want something cute and clever, they have until 2014 to change it, nothing is set in stone

18. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

Yes, the title is fine.
    I do, however, like the usage of "Part II", "Chapter II", etc. I think it would fit with this movie, considering that it appears to be like an ongoing plot about Peter's past, which I find interesting and sets up a possible resolution along the way.

19. Streetlight

Streetlight Well-Known Member

Like how they've said Harry's an old friend, hopefully they'll jump straight into their relationship rather than having awkward introductions and all that.

And the title's fine. I hated the Bourne titles because I could never remember what order they went in which would have been the same if they just used different adjectives, although being a Spider-man fan I'd be more likely to remember those :p

Rises is not another word for Begins, you seem a bit overly keen on defending Nolan. Dark Knight trilogy titles annoyed me having one that doesn't fit the trend.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  20. ThePowerCosmic

I have no idea why TASM2 is still being discussed in here when the main movie forum was moved up so this would stop happening.

21. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

22. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Well-Known Member

Not sloppy,Just slow

Sure,the raw nature should have been,but when I see the physics are all wrong I immediately know that they are hitting thin air and it doesnt matter how much force they pull their punches
    Nolan tends to do this a lot,people falling for no apparent reason,recoiling when not even punched,thugs waiting on stand by for their turn to get beat up
    The other fight was better in this aspect

Needless to say,TDK had much better action

And he recoils in the reverse direction,which clearly proves that Bane was just punching thin air
    Ofcourse they do punch thin air most of the times while filming but most the directors and actors disguise it well,that wasnt done in that fight
    The last part was great though,when he lifts Batman and breaks his back

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  23. SymbioticToxin

So, what do you guys think of the plot synopsis on the front page?

24. AF3619

they establish Peter is a busy guy with school and spider-man stuff,graduation :up:
    but in the film he knows Harry Osborn already

for now i´ll wait more updates of the film hopefully we´ll get some pictures soon :)

25. SymbioticToxin

Him knowing Harry already doesn't bother me as much I thought it would. Maybe somehow they'll have him being gone and showing up connected to his drug issues or something. Depends on when he left thought.