The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Nope, Peter graduates in 2012.

If it's September-November, then the movie takes place in 2011.

Nope, Peter graduates in 2012.

If it's September-November, then the movie takes place in 2011.

I'll take something that's actually in the film as fact, over something that's part of a film's viral campaign.

Peter can't get his powers in July because he gets his powers during the school year. As for why Peter was MIA when the invasion happened, that could easily be explained. He was either in a different part of New York fighting someone else (only Manhattan was attacked) or he was in Queens and only got to Manhattan when the fight was over.

The Lizard threat was by no means too small. The entire island of Manhattan was in danger and was being evacuated. Both the Avengers and SHIELD presumably couldn't get there in time since it was a surprise attack. Spider-Man is currently the only known superhero in the MCU to consistently operate in NYC (assuming that he is in the MCU) plus he knew about the Lizard's plan prior to the attack realistically speaking he was the only hero to be able to be there on time and to stop the Lizard.

It would make more sense for TASM to be set a bit before The Avengers IMO plus it matches with the comics since Spider-Man was one of the first Marvel superheroes created and became active in NYC prior to the formation of the Avengers (though not by much).

Agreed. ASM took place a few years before The Avengers.

Look at the date.

sNpXaf8.png

I tend to ignore this. I like to believe ASM took place soon after TIH. With Hulk v Abomination's battle in NY the reason for the construction during the crane scene.

Even if they never cross paths due to Sony and Disney's inability to play nice, I still feel the tone and content of both worlds mesh pretty well.

Well, let's just hope Marc's tweet meant what a lot of us thought it meant. :p

Hmm.. so Peter actually graduates in 2013?

Woo! That's awesome! Because I'm also graduating from High School in 2013.

Way back when TASM had it's viral campaign, the school had a website and Peter had a blog and you could use hints on the blog to sign into Peter's account on the school website and it showed him being in the 'Class of 2012'.

Way back when TASM had it's viral campaign, the school had a website and Peter had a blog and you could use hints on the blog to sign into Peter's account on the school website and it showed him being in the 'Class of 2012'.

Viral campaigns aren't trustworthy. They're like tie-ins that sometimes mess up continuity.

i love how the film itself tells you what year it is, which you can then also infer a month from as well due to weather, school, etc, and then ppl go "nah i'd like to ignore that because it doesn't fit with my desire to have the avengers in the same universe"

you can want it to be part of mcu, sure, but don't disregard facts from the movie itself. far out brussel sprout.

I think you're all taking dates too seriously.

New Iron Man Anime Blu-ray Announced
Marvel and Sony unveil Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore.

so are Sony and Marvel working together?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/01/new-iron-man-anime-blu-ray-announced
....Marvel's Iron Man is back with a brand new adventure in the animated feature-length movie Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore, debuting on Blu-ray and DVD April 16.
Here's the official synopsis, straight from Marvel Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment:

Can this mean they can make another deal?
tumblr_m83iqrwFPe1ql4atmo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhkpx8UWAl1rdbd0qo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Look at the date.

sNpXaf8.png

So the film takes place in Fall 2012

But how is Peter a Senior, Class of 2012, if he's still in high school of that year? He should've already graduated in June. Either that or Peter is a Junior, due to graduate in 2013, and Gwen is a Senior in TASM...
It'd only make sense for him to be in the Class of 2012 if the film took place in Fall 2011.

If so, that'd place TASM before The Avengers, if the Battle of NY takes place in May 2012, that'd fixed the MetLife Building/ Stark Tower fiasco.
Then Stark Tower was built sometime after TASM in time for The Avengers.

Last edited:
So the film takes place in Fall 2012

But how is Peter a Senior, Class of 2012, if he's still in high school of that year? He should've already graduated in June. Either that or Peter is a Junior, due to graduate in 2013, and Gwen is a Senior in TASM...
It'd only make sense for him to be in the Class of 2012 if the film took place in Fall 2011.

If so, that'd place TASM before The Avengers, if the Battle of NY takes place in May 2012, that'd fixed the MetLife Building/ Stark Tower fiasco.
Then Stark Tower was built sometime after TASM in time for The Avengers.

But how would the Oscorp Tower missing from the NY skyline be explained?

I don't think the Metlife building thing matters.

But how would the Oscorp Tower missing from the NY skyline be explained?

Oscorp Tower changes locations and is missing tons of times during TASM. I don't think it matters where that Tower is during The Avengers, since they did such a bad job of representing it in TASM anyway. Hope they put their **** together in TASM2 for that.

I don't think the Metlife building thing matters.

It really does

The transformation of the MetLife Building is essential to the creation of Stark Tower. The MetLife Building stands above Grand Central Terminal, a major New York landmark. Most New Yorkers who saw The Avengers would know, ah, Stark Tower was built over that fat building that said MetLife. You can even see left over parts of the MetLife Building under Stark Tower still in the progress on being taken down.
In TASM, Spidey had to stand on top of the thing after his first swing making the problem worse.
They even erase the word MetLife from the top of the building in long shots, so why did they even bother having it in them.

Last edited:
You guys are really making it more complicated than it has to be.

Lol, let them have their fun. They're just trying to think of ways where TAS-M can be part of the MCU.

In the case that Webb's Spidey will be a part of the MCU, the flaws in the continuity will most likely just have to be taken with a grain of salt. Trying to piece everything together by force will just make things too convoluted

It wont be that bad, it's just like ignoring the continuity flaws of X-Men First Class

In the case that Webb's Spidey will be a part of the MCU, the flaws in the continuity will most likely just have to be taken with a grain of salt. Trying to piece everything together by force will just make things too convoluted

It wont be that bad, it's just like ignoring the continuity flaws of X-Men First Class

The general audience could care less about continuity. Heck, Fury could turn up in the closing credits of Man of Steel and recruit Superman and the general audience would be none the wiser that Fury and Superman are from completely different universes. A lot of the general audience thought Thanos was Hellboy.

Not for nothing, The Incredible Hulk NYC skyline doesn't really line up with The Avengers skyline. The Amazing Spider-Man doesn't have to look exactly like The Avengers NYC to fit in, things can be retconned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"