The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

With regards to Avengers 2, I'll take any bone Marvel want to throw me.
Andrew Garfield/Peter taking photos in the crowd.
A new paper headline with Spider-Man
A passing comment to 'webswinging masked menace'
A video call
anything, ANYTHING!!
I was looking hard for anything Spidey related in Avengers and there was absolutely nothing, hopefully Marvel and Sony can work together on this one.

With regards to Avengers 2, I'll take any bone Marvel want to throw me.
Andrew Garfield/Peter taking photos in the crowd.
A new paper headline with Spider-Man
A passing comment to 'webswinging masked menace'
A video call
anything, ANYTHING!!
I was looking hard for anything Spidey related in Avengers and there was absolutely nothing, hopefully Marvel and Sony can work together on this one.
In Item 47, a character is wearing an ESU shirt. That's something. ;)

Not for nothing, The Incredible Hulk NYC skyline doesn't really line up with The Avengers skyline. The Amazing Spider-Man doesn't have to look exactly like The Avengers NYC to fit in, things can be retconned.
:up: Also, the GA isn't going to say "hey, the skyline is different!" Spider-Man in the Avengers will distract anyone from stupid little continuity errors.

In the case that Webb's Spidey will be a part of the MCU, the flaws in the continuity will most likely just have to be taken with a grain of salt. Trying to piece everything together by force will just make things too convoluted

It wont be that bad, it's just like ignoring the continuity flaws of X-Men First Class

Did you just compare the continuity flaws in the X-Men movies to just a building missing from the skyline in a few quick shots?

lolwow

The continuity errors of the X-Men franchise are so much greater than a different skyline.

The continuity errors of the X-Men franchise are so much greater than a different skyline.

The continuity errors in X:FC are greatly reduced if you ignore X:Wolverine and X3 and that's just fine with me.

Not for nothing, The Incredible Hulk NYC skyline doesn't really line up with The Avengers skyline. The Amazing Spider-Man doesn't have to look exactly like The Avengers NYC to fit in, things can be retconned.

Wasn't TIH mostly in Harlem, though?

The continuity errors in X:FC are greatly reduced if you ignore X:Wolverine and X3 and that's just fine with me.

They are greatly reduced even if you just ignore The Wolverine and keep X3 in the same continuity I think.

The Oscorp tower missing in The Avengers and the Stark tower missing in TASM are not that big of a deal. Those are all really really really minor things. Heck, the Oscorp tower not always appearing in TASM's skyline is not that big of a deal either.

Even in real life, you will sometimes not see certain buildings in a major city's skyline depending on the angle from where you look at the skyline. Sure that there are a few exceptions like the Empire State Building and the WTC that can be seen from anywhere but that is because they're taller than most buildings in the city. The Baxter Building and Avengers Tower are not always present in NYC's skyline in all comics either. There are Spider-Man stories where you see Spidey on top of the Empire State observing the whole cities are the buildings aren't there.

If Spidey being on the MetLife building is such a problem, you can always argue that the building isn't really gone but that the Stark Tower is just covering it in Avengers and the reason why you see it in TASM is because you see the city from a different angle. Same thing can be said about the lack of the Oscorp tower in Avengers.

On top of all that, you can also always say that TASM takes place before Avengers thus before the Stark tower was made. Sure that there are stuff like the date on the Bugle newspaper but does all that really matter in the long run? Marvel has already said they want to have the MCU keep going James Bond style just like the comics. The dates canon now will not be the dates canon in 10 years from now.

If the NYC skyline thing really is such a big continuity error, then I don't see why things like Howard Stark in CA:TFA is not. That would make Tony be in his 50's or older despite him looking younger and despite Marvel confirming that he was born in the very early 1970's. And if Tony is in his late 30's/early 40's at the moment, then that would put his dad in his early 20's in Captain America despite him not looking that young and despite not being treated as a guy that young. Howard Stark's presence in Captain America never made much sense. I know it was like that in the comics but it is one of those things that should be retconned or altered slightly by now (i.e. make Howard be Tony's grandfather instead). Yet for some reason, the GA didn't have a problem with it at all so I don't see why the small differences in the NYC skyline will have them up in arms.

There's still a huge chunk there contradicted and plus, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: The Last Stand are still in canon for now. At least they're still considered in canon by Fox.

Robotic Harm Inhibiting Naturalistic Oppressor from Hammer Industries
hammer_3501.jpg

Beginning of TASM 2:

Rhino attacks city. Spidey gets there to see A giant green guy in pants fighting the Rhino.
Spidey swings in an joins the battle = Hulk vs Spidey vs Rhino!

I actually thought that Howard Stark was in his early 20s in CA:TFA.

The Oscorp tower missing in The Avengers and the Stark tower missing in TASM are not that big of a deal. Those are all really really really minor things. Heck, the Oscorp tower not always appearing in TASM's skyline is not that big of a deal either.

Even in real life, you will sometimes not see certain buildings in a major city's skyline depending on the angle from where you look at the skyline. Sure that there are a few exceptions like the Empire State Building and the WTC that can be seen from anywhere but that is because they're taller than most buildings in the city. The Baxter Building and Avengers Tower are not always present in NYC's skyline in all comics either. There are Spider-Man stories where you see Spidey on top of the Empire State observing the whole cities are the buildings aren't there.

If Spidey being on the MetLife building is such a problem, you can always argue that the building isn't really gone but that the Stark Tower is just covering it in Avengers and the reason why you see it in TASM is because you see the city from a different angle. Same thing can be said about the lack of the Oscorp tower in Avengers.

On top of all that, you can also always say that TASM takes place before Avengers thus before the Stark tower was made. Sure that there are stuff like the date on the Bugle newspaper but does all that really matter in the long run? Marvel has already said they want to have the MCU keep going James Bond style just like the comics. The dates canon now will not be the dates canon in 10 years from now.

If the NYC skyline thing really is such a big continuity error, then I don't see why things like Howard Stark in CA:TFA is not. That would make Tony be in his 50's or older despite him looking younger and despite Marvel confirming that he was born in the very early 1970's. And if Tony is in his late 30's/early 40's at the moment, then that would put his dad in his early 20's in Captain America despite him not looking that young and despite not being treated as a guy that young. Howard Stark's presence in Captain America never made much sense. I know it was like that in the comics but it is one of those things that should be retconned or altered slightly by now (i.e. make Howard be Tony's grandfather instead). Yet for some reason, the GA didn't have a problem with it at all so I don't see why the small differences in the NYC skyline will have them up in arms.

There's still a huge chunk there contradicted and plus, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: The Last Stand are still in canon for now. At least they're still considered in canon by Fox.

I completely agree the skyline argument is lackluster at best. But about Howard Stark, he was in his 20s in the 40s. Tony is born in the early 70s. Howard dies in the 90s in his 70s. Tony is in his 40s (just like RDJ).

Dominic Cooper looked under 30 to me. And about treating him that way, I'm sure his intelligence was something the US Army wasnt about to shrug off

Last edited:

Here's the thing, Stark Tower and Oscorp Tower both have in-universe fixed locations to real life ones.

In real life, Stark Tower would be on Park Avenue, above Grand Central Terminal.
Oscorp Tower is somewhere bordering east of 6th Avenue.

In The Avengers, they did a great job keeping Stark Tower in it's fixed location. In TASM, they did a piss poor job with Oscorp Tower for the most part. It isn't really a matter of angles obscuring, since I can point out to you the places where Oscorp Tower would be placed if you gave me some shots from The Avengers and same for Stark Tower in TASM.

Then again, I don't expect anyone who doesn't come from New York or studies the skyline to understand this lol.
So I dont think this would ruined anything for most people.

Don't get me started about the George Washington Bridge during the final swing.

I guess these can be more considered Productions errors rather than in-universe ones.

The thing is, the MetLife Building was carved into the Stark Tower, like carving a piece of wood into a sculpture.

Stark Tower IS the MetLife building. Apparently, that's the reason why it only took Stark 3-4 months to get Stark Tower built into the way it looked in The Avengers.

I think he looked in his 20s in CATFA....maybe even younger.

Last edited:

I haven't heard anything that still states to this day that X-Men Origins: Wolverine is still canon. At least The Wolverine is mentioned as being after X-Men 3.

Robotic Harm Inhibiting Naturalistic Oppressor from Hammer Industries
hammer_3501.jpg

Why would Hammer Industries be running still when Hammer himself is in jail/prison/under S.H.I.E.L.D.'s custody?

I haven't heard anything that still states to this day that X-Men Origins: Wolverine is still canon. At least The Wolverine is mentioned as being after X-Men 3.

Why would Hammer Industries be running still when Hammer himself is in jail/prison/under S.H.I.E.L.D.'s custody?
For the same reasons Stark Industries wasn't shut down when everyone thought that tony died, or why real life companies dont dissolve when something happens to their CEOs . Companies are bigger than any one man. Will Hammers actions hurt the company immensely? I'm sure, but in theory, there are plenty of share holders who would fight to keep the company afloat in one form or another.

For the same reasons Stark Industries wasn't shut down when everyone thought that tony died, or why real life companies dont dissolve when something happens to their CEOs . Companies are bigger than any one man. Will Hammers actions hurt the company immensely? I'm sure, but in theory, there are plenty of share holders who would fight to keep the company afloat in one form or another.

With the main guy being in prison, I feel it would hurt the company so much that Hammer Industries would be no more.

Seriously,If both Sony and Marvel wants to collaborate together,they wont give a **** about continuity when its so minor and nor will the audience,they will just throw them in together

People generally dont pay so much attention to details so minor like Dates on the newspaper and stuff

Wasn't TIH mostly in Harlem, though?

They are greatly reduced even if you just ignore The Wolverine and keep X3 in the same continuity I think.

But in X3 they show an old Professor X and Magneto recruiting Jean Grey. And I even if you ignore X3, there are many continuity errors with X1 and X2.

Did you just compare the continuity flaws in the X-Men movies to just a building missing from the skyline in a few quick shots?

lolwow

Not that simple my friend

If the battle of New York isn't addressed in TASM 2 it's another flaw in continuity

If Fury turned up at the end of ASM2 in Peter's bedroom and said 'we've been watching you and it's time to join the big leagues' I honestly think I would cheer and I NEVER cheer at the movies.

Corporate buyout, could be a subsidiary of Oscorp who could've bought it when hammer went to jail

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"