The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I think the one and only reason Fury hasn't contacted Peter (in the 3-4 week span of time ASM takes place) is that he is too young. Much like in the Ultimate universe. He isn't old enough to smoke cigarettes let alone join the military or be recruited by SHIELD.

Black Widow may be the counter to that but she was born in Russia. Fury likely has stronger morals than that.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Amazing Spider-Man takes place in 2014. As of now, you could tie it in with the MCU. I doubt the Avengers 2 will take place in NYC (nyc destruction is cliche enough as it is) so there could still be a chance of Spider-Man existing within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Even if this never happens, Sony won't always hold the film rights to Spider-Man (probably after this trilogy is completed), and Marvel/Disney will retain them and create their own incarnation of the character. They don't believe in reboots, so no origin story. Although many will say "no, that will never happen," they can't keep making Spider-Man movies forever, and they need to make at least 1 film every 5 years to keep those film rights. I assume the plan is to milk the Spider-Man character as much as possible, and then sell him over to Disney where they can include him in their films. So perhaps within the next 10-15 years.

Last edited:
I say its even with IM.His punch can supposedly kill a normal man so it will heavily dent the armour,but IM has a lot of tech attached to his suit

Rip his armor apart, knock him out.

How is it even?

Besides, all that tech and firepower means nothing when Spidey is faster and more invulnerable than the normal man.

How is it even?

Besides, all that tech and firepower means nothing when Spidey is faster and more invulnerable than the normal man.
Captain America doesn't even come close to Spider-Man in terms of strength, speed, and agility. No contest. You might as well argue that Spider-Man is just as strong as Superman.

I say its even with IM.His punch can supposedly kill a normal man so it will heavily dent the armour,but IM has a lot of tech attached to his suit

I havent read a lot of Thor comics so I dont exactly know the extent of his powers

Hulk is definitely more powerful

I was talking about Webb's Spidey and the Heroes in MCU.Webb's Spidey doesnt seem very strong to me
Thor is just as strong as Hulk, with even more abilities.

I have a new theory! Now this is a longshot, but I think one of the reasons Sony wants Spider-Man in the MCU is because it's becoming somewhat customary for superhero movies to be set in a larger universe now. Marvel has the MCU, DC is going to have shared universe with there characters, and even Fox is going to have a universe between the X-Men and The Fantastic Four.

Spider-Man would be left out, and would be limited to stand alone films. It's not a big deal, but it would be understandable for Sony to be nervous. There only option would be to make a universe between Spidey and Ghost Rider, and we all know that will never (and should never) happen.

199616-165973_amazing_spider_man_20070815002958491_super_super.jpg

It would be no point because that's what the MCU is all about, having these heroes meet at one time and eventually team up. No reason to change the premise since that's what Phase One has been all about already.

That's not true. Guardians of the Galaxy is in the MCU, but none of the Guardians will be in The Avengers. So the premise of the MCU is not for heroes to team up necessarily.

Captain America doesn't even come close to Spider-Man in terms of strength, speed, and agility. No contest. You might as well argue that Spider-Man is just as strong as Superman.

I'm speaking of Iron Man, lol.

That's not true. Guardians of the Galaxy is in the MCU, but none of the Guardians will be in The Avengers. So the premise of the MCU is not for heroes to team up necessarily.

You're speaking on Phase Two. We have no idea if the Guardians will be or won't be in Avengers 2(the ending of Phase Two).

I think the one and only reason Fury hasn't contacted Peter (in the 3-4 week span of time ASM takes place) is that he is too young. Much like in the Ultimate universe. He isn't old enough to smoke cigarettes let alone join the military or be recruited by SHIELD.

Black Widow may be the counter to that but she was born in Russia. Fury likely has stronger morals than that.

Another reason is that Spider-Man is considered a vigilante during the course of TASM. If Fury did approach Spidey, it likely wouldn't have been until after Spider-Man fought The Lizard. bad place, Fury would have no way to deduce that Peter is Spider-Man anyway, so for all he knows Spider-Man could be old enough to join S.H.I.E.L.D... but it still stands, that S.H.I.E.L.D probably wouldn't want to associate themselves with Spidey.

How is it even?

I dont think Webb's Spidey is capable to do all that.The comic book version-Sure

Webb's Spidey was knocked out easy by the police

I love how most of the people here who are opposed to Spidey joining the MCU have now completely went off topic after Shikamaru's great analysis posts about the situation and are now talking about how strong different heroes are...

I love how most of the people here who are opposed to Spidey joining the MCU have now completely went off topic after Shikamaru's great analysis posts about the situation and are now talking about how strong different heroes are...

That is because Shikamaru kicks all kinds of ash

Strength has nothing to do with being knocked out.
I also want to add that spidey got knocked out so easily because he was tazed in midair and fell from pretty high after he already got beat up by the Lizard and (if you count the deleted scenes) got a good dose of knockout gas or whatever the bad place Ratha sprayed him with. Ya know, this got me thinking, what it Peter webbed an entire web cartridge to IM's boot so that if he tried to fly, the webbing would blow up, like the spider-slayers in the 90's cartoon?
That would be sick.

It would be interesting to see Tony Stark hand over the Iron Spider suit to Peter in an Avengers film. Also, I suppose that Oscorp and Stark Industries would be using similar technology, so perhaps they are connected.

Maybe Norman Osborn would be attempting to gain the super soldier serum as well (from Captain America) to find a cure for himself.

I always thought that in Spider-Man 1, Norman was trying to recreate the super soldier serum that created Captain America, but because it was flawed, he turned into the Green Goblin. It kind of fits if you think about it.

It would be interesting to see Tony Stark hand over the Iron Spider suit to Peter in an Avengers film. Also, I suppose that Oscorp and Stark Industries would be using similar technology, so perhaps they are connected.

Maybe Norman Osborn would be attempting to gain the super soldier serum as well (from Captain America) to find a cure for himself.

I always thought that in Spider-Man 1, Norman was trying to recreate the super soldier serum that created Captain America, but because it was flawed, he turned into the Green Goblin. It kind of fits if you think about it.

All nice points! Me and my dad also used to think Norman was trying to recreate the Super Soldier Serum. Before the MCU, I always thought every Marvel film was in one universe.

I have an Avengers DVD stand where I have all my MCU films on it, and I have The Amazing Spider-Man up on it. That's how firm my belief is that it takes place in the MCU, just the very fact OsCorp WAS going to show up in the MCU is enough for me along with the talks of TASM2 possibly having Easter eggs.

Last edited:
Another reason is that Spider-Man is considered a vigilante during the course of TASM. If Fury did approach Spidey, it likely wouldn't have been until after Spider-Man fought The Lizard. bad place, Fury would have no way to deduce that Peter is Spider-Man anyway, so for all he knows Spider-Man could be old enough to join S.H.I.E.L.D... but it still stands, that S.H.I.E.L.D probably wouldn't want to associate themselves with Spidey.

All nice points! Me and my dad also used to think Norman was trying to recreate the Super Soldier Serum. Before the MCU, I always thought every Marvel film was in one universe.

:up:

It would be nice to see Norman Osborn donning the Iron Patriot...oh wait, that's not gonna happen.

It would be nice to see Norman Osborn donning the Iron Patriot...oh wait, that's not gonna happen.
I don't see the point of giving War Machine the Iron Patriot armor if you can't do the proper Iron Patriot storyline with Osborn. Its a nice nod I suppose, but its a bit of a tease.

I dont think Webb's Spidey is capable to do all that.The comic book version-Sure

Webb's Spidey was knocked out easy by the police

It's worth mentioning that this version of Spider-Man is still young, his powers still haven't matured.

And what Anno said, strength has nothing to do with being knocked out.

Spidey can still feel pain, break bones, etc. He just recovers quicker... which how a little while after he was tazed, fell quite a large drop, he was awake and able to take basically the entire SWAT team out.

Even if this never happens, Sony won't always hold the film rights to Spider-Man (probably after this trilogy is completed), and Marvel/Disney will retain them and create their own incarnation of the character. They don't believe in reboots, so no origin story. Although many will say "no, that will never happen," they can't keep making Spider-Man movies forever, and they need to make at least 1 film every 5 years to keep those film rights. I assume the plan is to milk the Spider-Man character as much as possible, and then sell him over to Disney where they can include him in their films. So perhaps within the next 10-15 years.

Technically, Marvel starting over with a new Spider-Man continuity when/if Sony gives back the rights is still a reboot. Any movie that discards previous continuity and does its own thing is by definition a reboot even if the movie doesn't redo the origin. Both The Incredible Hulk and Punisher: War Zone are considered to be reboots even though they're both not origin stories.

I have a new theory! Now this is a longshot, but I think one of the reasons Sony wants Spider-Man in the MCU is because it's becoming somewhat customary for superhero movies to be set in a larger universe now. Marvel has the MCU, DC is going to have shared universe with there characters, and even Fox is going to have a universe between the X-Men and The Fantastic Four. Spider-Man would be left out, and would be limited to stand alone films. It's not a big deal, but it would be understandable for Sony to be nervous. There only option would be to make a universe between Spidey and Ghost Rider, and we all know that will never (and should never) happen.

That's still a rumor at the moment. DC/WB most likely has no clue at the moment whether or not they want to do a shared movie universe. They did say they didn't want to originally but the recent success of Avengers may have made them change their minds. Knowing WB, they'll probably wait to see how Man of Steel does before doing a shared universe. That is if Man of Steel is even capable of fitting into a shared universe seeing how they keep talking about how realistic it is and how Superman will feel like the only hero in the world.

There is a huge chance Thanos or another galactic character will appear in both franchises though. That's how they'll probably get connected to the Avengers.

I have my own theory on why Marvel and Sony would want Spider-Man in Avengers and on why Marvel would be doing a Guardians film. They already introduced Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet - it had a cameo in Thor, for those who don't know - and remember that in the Infinity Gauntlet big event Marvel had, it was all the Marvel heroes in general that had to fight against Thanos.

Marvel might want the same thing for the movies and thus before they unleash Thanos in live-action, they're probably trying to expand their universe as much as possible with as many characters as they can (that they have the rights to, of course) while trying to get the permission to use some of the characters they don't have the film rights to such as Spider-Man. It's not that big of a stretch IMO. Almost every Marvel superhero has been in or fought alongside the Avengers at least once in the comics. As long as Avengers 2 or 3 or whichever Avengers sequel they plan to do this in doesn't have too many characters in it to the point where you won't get a chance to develop them, this shouldn't be a problem.

There is one thing though that I do fear for Spider-Man if he does appear in an Avengers film. Someone said that Spidey is too big of a character for Avengers and I think that is true. Notice how whenever he appears in an Avengers book or in a big event, he is usually used as comic relief. That is not the way I want to see him get treated. Another problem you might run into with having Spider-Man in Avengers that I just thought of while typing this (lol) is that many people will complain he was underused. He is Marvel's most popular character and most people will be excited for him the most and will want him to play a major part (just like how Iron Man being the most popular character in Avengers was one of the factors to why he saved the day in the end) but at the same time, you can't have Spidey play too big of a part because he was never a big-shot in the Marvel universe to begin with and doesn't carry the weight Iron Man, Cap, and Thor carry. I'm not saying you can't have a well written Spider-Man in Avengers; just that it's going to be difficult. But then again, a lot of stuff originally seen as difficult to do was pulled off very well by the MCU.

I would personally have Spidey be one of the major factors to why the day gets saved in the end but in a way that doesn't undermine the other Avengers. I would do it similar to how Iron Man saving the day in the first Avengers film was done. People throughout the film called and regarded Tony as just an *** with not a care in the world who doesn't play well with others and wouldn't be willing to do a very heroic act. He proved all of them wrong in the end when he was willing to almost give up his life to save the city. I would do something similar with Spidey. He is seen as your loner average Joe with superpowers that fights street crime in the Marvel universe and no one would expect him to be the guy that wins the fight in the end and risks to almost lose his life in doing so. And once again, this should be done in a way so that it doesn't undermine the efforts of all the other characters. After all, Tony's heroic moment at the end of Avengers didn't undermine the rest of his teammates either (at least not in my opinion).

That is because Shikamaru kicks all kinds of ash

smokingshika3383my.jpg

Damn right he does :woot:

Hate that crappy anime but the character himself is badass. Badass and kicking ash while not giving a single **** about anything :up:.

Just like his SHH forum counterpart :). lol just kidding.

Technically, Marvel starting over with a new Spider-Man continuity when/if Sony gives back the rights is still a reboot. Any movie that discards previous continuity and does its own thing is by definition a reboot even if the movie doesn't redo the origin. Both The Incredible Hulk and Punisher: War Zone are considered to be reboots even though they're both not origin stories.

What I meant to say is that they don't believe in rebooting the stories they already have (so if Robert Downey Jr. leaves, they will just replace him and continue making more films). But yes, if they create a new Spider-Man continuity then it would be a reboot. But we definitely won't see another origin story.

Amazing Spider-Man probably won't end up being part of the MCU, in my opinion, so they will most likely end up making their own rendition of the character, starting fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"