The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spiderman 2 - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, *coughs* a lot of Spiderman comics suck :p

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21143-1385575525-24-02aff7969b61d33fe215dba6bf0056c8.gif

Holy messed up Spidey story, Batman! They ruined two classic tales in one movie. For shame.

They changed it, for sure... "messed it up" is more relative. Ultimately, none of the great superhero movies were particularly faithful to the way the comics did things. One could make the argument that [BLACKOUT]having Harry kill Gwen does miss the point of the Harry character, and maybe it's true[/BLACKOUT]... but Peter's arc has undeniable top priority. No two ways about it, at least to me. He needs [BLACKOUT]to have his gf die on him in this film, especially after he failed to uphold his promise to her father[/BLACKOUT]. It's gonna make for a more powerful, memorable film; one that directly addresses Spidey's crucial theme of responsibility; and one that doesn't serve as mere filler until a more high-stakes sequel comes around. Comic book fidelity takes a back seat for this one, in my humble opinion.

As someone else said Marvel has the better heroes but DC has the better villains. It's hard to take a Marvel villain and make him as good as the Joker was in TDK.

I disagree, it's all in the execution. Just as I disagree that Marvel has better heroes. Actually, I disagree with everything. :oldrazz:

Marvel has Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Galactus, Dr. Doom, Magneto... I prefer their villains over DC.

I'm sorry but why is Spidey being singled out here? Batman, Captain America, Superman, Iron Man, and so on have lots of terrible comics.

Yeah it's not like we're asking or expecting Webb to adapt the Clone Saga or Sins Past here. There's plenty of good comics to draw from.

I disagree, it's all in the execution. Just as I disagree that Marvel has better heroes. Actually, I disagree with everything. :oldrazz:

LOL, okay. I understand. It's just that i thought most Marvel villains have pretty simple motivations. They either hate the hero, are criminals or they have gone insane.

Yeah it's not like we're asking or expecting Webb to adapt the Clone Saga or Sins Past here. There's plenty of good comics to draw from.
Every great character has had ups and downs, but you're right. There are PLENTY of great comics to draw from.

Review seemed to slow down.

It's at an 86% on Rottan Tomatoes. But the 6.2 average is worth mentioning.

I won't get into Metacritic, the only well rated superhero films are SM2 and TDK. Most modern superhero flicks won't match those movies on that site.

It's a 6.2 because the two negative reviews weigh a lot. It really doesn't mean much at this point to be honest. In fact, IDK how they even calculate 6.2 when some of the reviews don't even have grades.

Because I'm talking about spiderman.
Right, but I was trying to say that ALL comic book characters have had bad comics, so what is your point? Once again, you are way too vocal about things you hate. Chill. Just because you say something sucks doesn't make it so, especially when you offer no explanation for your opinion.

"Metal Gear Solid sucks."
"Uncharted sucks."
"Spider-Man comics suck."

:dry:

I've been seeing a couple of different TV spots over the past few days. Anyways, you know that scene where Spidey lands on the cop car and then stabilizes it on his shoulders before pushing it off to the ground? Yeah, you do.
[BLACKOUT]When I first saw that in the trailers, he says "Need a hand?"
Then I saw a spot where he says something like, "Good thing you're not one of those cops that rides a horse."
And just now, I saw a spot in which he says something like "Some people are bad drivers."

I have no idea which one of these is in the film, but I hope it's the one with the horse comment. [/BLACKOUT]Easily the best of the three, imo.

Last edited:
Right, but I was trying to say that ALL comic book characters have had bad comics, so what is your point? Once again, you are way too vocal about things you hate. Chill. Just because you say something sucks doesn't make it so, especially when you offer no explanation for your opinion.

"Metal Gear Solid sucks."
"Uncharted sucks."
"Spider-Man comics suck."

:dry:

He likes to hate things,its just him lol,i got used already,but he is cool.

A question for those who like Harry killing Gwen,

Why? Do you also prefer it to Norman.

Depends on how it's executed. If Norman manipulated Harry into juicing up and going off the rails, it makes him pretty sadistic.

Depends on how it's executed. If Norman manipulated Harry into juicing up and going off the rails, it makes him pretty sadistic.

Apparently in his last moments alive he tells him "You are a Goblin Harry" and then he dies :o,
no but he tells him he is also dying and only tells him "good luck"
also anyone who´ve seen it
are there any callbacks to the responsability speech from Uncle Ben in the movie?

Last edited:
It's a 6.2 because the two negative reviews weigh a lot. It really doesn't mean much at this point to be honest. In fact, IDK how they even calculate 6.2 when some of the reviews don't even have grades.

I hate that. Numeric scales like that can be so deceiving. Oh well, it's early so it may change.

I don't personally prefer it but I find it cool, it's on a different & interesting level, Harry Osborn, Pete's pal, whacking Gwen, that's really dark and it opens up a lot of possibilities. It's still an Osborn killing her too.
Ok, and how exactly Pete's best friend's dad whacking Gwen is less dark?
And what are the possibilities it opens? The only thing it does is ruining their relationships and destroys the possibility of their future friendship.

At least, they're not slavishly sticking to the source material and are trying to do something different that we'd expect less than canon.
Er....And what's so good about that?

It's a shame that we will have to wait at least 10 years to see the Goblin adapted to screen as it should be, especially when we'll probably never have a pair as great as Andrew and Emma.

Another negative on RT

Man its gonna be a nose dive now, lets just hope it stays positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"