The ANYONE/ANYTHING Goes Battle thread !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

random_havoc

The Golden Guardian
Reaction score
Here's a brand new versus/battle thread that's going to be different from anything else on the boards!

There's NO restrictions on who can be involved in the matches. Could be characters from Marvel, DC, Image, BOOM... OR from any other popular media like movies, tv, etc, OR even a real person! For example, we could have the HULK vs Godzilla! Or we could have Rambo vs Batman vs Predator in a jungle!Anything goes!

There's also NO restrictions on numbers! Could be one-on-one, three-on-one, four all against one another, WHATEVER!

And, just for more fun and twists, the battle could have any variety of stipulations or be in any setting!

And don't worry, I've messaged notice to those running the Marvel vs Marvel, DC vs DC and Marvel vs DC threads to let them know my plans here and asking them to let me know if they have an issue any of the matches, and I've heard back from one so far who enthusiastically supported my getting this thread going. So no toes should be stepped on.

New Matches should be up every 24-48 hours, so check back often :yay:

And if you want to suggest any new matches PLEASE DO SO. Suggestions are ALWAYS welcome!

Okay, all of that having been said, ON TO THE FIRST MATCH!!!

Last edited:
Match #1

That random match-up that I came up with up top sounds pretty good to me actually, SO.....

Rambo
rambo.jpg

vs Predator
Predator.jpg

vs Batman
Batman-Benjamin-1.jpg

Setting: Thick jungle
Stipulations: Rambo has only his bowie knife. Batman has only his costume, 3 batarangs and a knife (no other gadgets). The Predator can cloak and has his forearm blades.

Each combatant has 10 hours of prep to fashion traps and weapons and to strategize, and Bats and Rambo know that the Predator can cloak, but other than that no one knows anything about anyone else (eg. neither Rambo nor Bats knows the other is a "good guy").

WHO wins and WHY??

Last edited:
Match #2

Since it's the first day of the thread, I thought I'd post 2 matches today :woot:

(professor) HULK
ProfessorHulk.jpg

vs PITT (Image Comics)
Pitt15.jpg

Batman and Hulk

I gotta disagree on both of them.

Batman is definitely good at adapting, but cities are the primary environment that he's used to and trained for. Rambo, on the other hand, is primarily trained and used to jungle environments.

I'm voting for Rambo, based on this being in his kind of environment and based on Arnold's character having beaten a predator, so I think Rambo could pull it off.

And I'm voting for Pitt. Professor Hulk had more limited strength than a number of his other incarnations, so I think Pitt could match him for strength, and beat him in viciousness, willingness to kill, and with his claws that rip through mostly anything.

Love the idea of the new thread RH.

Normally I'd pick the Predator with this but the idea of 10 hours of prep time for Bats is too much.
- Batman
As for the second match...Hulk would put some serious pain on Pitt, which would in turn make him stronger, soooooo....
- Pitt

Predator if he plays it smart, and the Hulk.

Predator: There's very little in the way of street level that should beat him.

Professor Hulk: So much more intelligent and likely to nail Pitt with a strategy he won't see till it's over.

Love the idea of the new thread RH.

Normally I'd pick the Predator with this but the idea of 10 hours of prep time for Bats is too much.
- Batman
As for the second match...Hulk would put some serious pain on Pitt, which would in turn make him stronger, soooooo....
- Pitt

I was going to shake my fist at you for voting for Batman, but the the compliment on the thread plus the vote for Pitt gets you an e-high-five instead :woot:

SO FAR!...

Match #1: Batman-2, Predator-2, Rambo-1

Match #2: Hulk-3, Pitt-2

I was going to shake my fist at you for voting for Batman, but the the compliment on the thread plus the vote for Pitt gets you an e-high-five instead :woot:

SO FAR!...

Match #1: Batman-2, Predator-2, Rambo-1

Match #2: Hulk-3, Pitt-2

I'm not a Batman Junkie but if Ahhnold can kill it with a little prep time, then I'm sure Bats could do it too. :o

I'm not a Batman Junkie but if Ahhnold can kill it with a little prep time, then I'm sure Bats could do it too. :o

Oh, I don't doubt that.
I'm just saying that if you think Batman can beat Rambo in the jungle without using gadgets maybe you should go back and re-watch First Blood :cwink:

Pfft, Rambo....non-factor in this match. :oldrazz:

I'll go with Bats and the Professor...although both matches would be pretty interesting to see how they went down..especially the jungle fight...

Neato idea RH..it will be a hoot to see where this thread goes.... :yay:

FINAL COUNT

Match 1
TIE!!!!!! Batman-3, Predator-3, Rambo-1 :-)csad:)

Match 2
WINNER: HULK! (5-2)

...Dangit, neither of my picks won :wow:
Lousy Rambo, lettin me down again.

Anyways

MATCH #3!

Marvel Comic's
IRON FIST
ironfist.jpg

VS
Street Fighter's
RYU
Ryu.jpg

Who wins and WHY?

:yay:

Graphics on the street fighter games suck and RYU's projectiles don't move very fast so I'm thinking Iron Fist gets in close, reaches in and tears RYU's spine out through his belly button.

*Yeah, I know Iron Fist wouldn't do that normally but this is the ANYTHING GOES thread. :o

Danny's better trained and more capable, not to mention he's damn well faster.

Iron Fist

Yeah, I gotta go with my man Ryu here. He can fire a constant barrage of energy balls, and has the hand to hand to back it up if Fist gets in too close.

I'm voting Ryu by a smidge.

Rand. He's more skilled and he'd be able to close the gap quickly making Ryu's ranged advantage null.

In some cases Ryu's projectiles will help him keep his opponent at a distance and serve as an advantage..this however won't be one of those cases. My guess is he won't have much luck hitting Rand, who will maneuver his way in close, and it will come down to who's the better hand-to-hand fighter..which would be Iron Fist.

Back to the arcade Ryu!

Also, Danny's been able to move to the side for far longer than Ryu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"