The April O'Neil Thread

The issue is that the character of April in a live action movie is basically the lead human role. Casey Jones would be supporting, as would any other human allies or villains. She's the forefront aside from the turtles themselves so you really can't afford to **** up the casting.

She's playing April. Both Variety and Hollywood Reporter have confirmed it.

Did he even do a screen test of anyone else?

I do see on that Variety link that Olson, Jane Levy and Kendrick were all considered.

Why is everyone ****ing and freaking out?

Megan Fox isn't a bad actor. She's far from the best, but I think she could be, at worst, okay given the material.

Plus she beat out Jane Levy, Anna Kendrick, and Elisabeth Olsen, 3 very good actresses, for the role. That's gotta mean something.

Raping our respective childhoods I suppose. Getting a reboot and we all had an idea in our heads regarding what we wanted in the first live action April since 1990. Yes, we are nerds.

lindsay-lohan(33).jpg

Meh...more or less

You don't know how much that just made me laugh. :lmao:

It's actually hilarious to me that Fox got the part. I'm not surprised at all with Bay producing, this is just the type of hack s**t he would do. This is the same reason why Transformers 4 will be some more bulls**t.

Why is everyone ****ing and freaking out?

Megan Fox isn't a bad actor. She's far from the best, but I think she could be, at worst, okay given the material.

Plus she beat out Jane Levy, Anna Kendrick, and Elisabeth Olsen, 3 very good actresses, for the role. That's gotta mean something.

The only advantage she has on those other actresses might be that she has worked in front of special effects. I can't see else this would of happened. I'm just in shock right now.

The only advantage she has on those other actresses might be that she has worked in front of special effects. I can't see else this would of happened. I'm just in shock right now.

Im in shock too.

Im just gonna sit back and wait.

Who knows, she might be good.

and let us not forget. Michael Bay isn't directing this.

Jonathan Liebesman is.

The cinematic genius behind Battle Los Angeles and Wrath of the Titans!

Bay does not cast women because of their talent; he casts them so he can sexualize them. Fox's acquisition of the role does not indicate talent, but, the reconstruction of her relationship with Bay, following its previous destruction on the second Transformers film.

I wish somebody else was handling the franchise; Bay's involvement presupposes an inevitable serving of sexism, racism, homophobia, and possibly jingoism.

Do not get me wrong: I am not crying about violated childhoods; reboots are inevitable, and if in the right hands, can be terrific, such as Abrams' Star Trek. But, Bay does not care about artistry or handling mythologies important to people: he cares only about money, not artistry.
With that said, the Nostalgia Critic covered Bay's flaws in his most recent and excellent review. I highly recommend it.

i love Megan Fox. she's hot and seems like a down to earth person, but her acting sucks. i was hoping she'd be playing another human character, like a friend of April's, but now i see she is in fact playing April :down:

i sincerely doubt she'd be playing lab geek April and will most likely be a reporter. at least that's more believable.

Bay does not cast women because of their talent; he casts them so he can sexualize them. Fox's acquisition of the role does not indicate talent, but, the reconstruction of her relationship with Bay, following its previous destruction on the second Transformers film. I wish somebody else was handling the franchise; Bay's involvement presupposes an inevitable serving of sexism, racism, homophobia, and possibly jingoism.
Do not get me wrong: I am not crying about violated childhoods; reboots are inevitable, and if in the right hands, can be terrific, such as Abrams' Star Trek. But, Bay does not care about artistry or handling mythologies important to people: he cares only about money, not artistry.
With that said, the Nostalgia Critic covered Bay's flaws in his most recent and excellent review. I highly recommend it.

But again. He's just producing it.

Jonathan Liebesman is directing it. That's not saying much, but still. Michael Bay isn't directing it.

These are all the movies that Michael Bay and his studio, Platinum Dunes, have produced.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
The Amityville Horror (2005)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)
The Hitcher (2007)
The Unborn (2009)
Friday the 13th (2009)
Horsemen (2009)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010).

Are these films masterpieces? No. Are some of them good, at at least decent? Yes.

Point is though is that none of those have the Bayisms people are so worried about.

People need to stop freaking out.

i love Megan Fox. she's hot and seems like a down to earth person, but her acting sucks. i was hoping she'd be playing another human character, like a friend of April's, but now i see she is in fact playing April :down:

i sincerely doubt she'd be playing lab geek April and will most likely be a reporter. at least that's more believable.

Why would she be lab geek april?

No one wants to see lab geek april.

But again. He's just producing it.

Jonathan Liebesman is directing it. That's not saying much, but still. Michael Bay isn't directing it.

These are all the movies that Michael Bay and his studio, Platinum Dunes, have produced.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
The Amityville Horror (2005)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)
The Hitcher (2007)
The Unborn (2009)
Friday the 13th (2009)
Horsemen (2009)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010).

Are these films masterpieces? No. Are some of them good, at at least decent? Yes.

Point is though is that none of those have the Bayisms people are so worried about.

People need to stop freaking out.

Nothing we've heard about this film so far has been good news. People have a right to be worried, seems like the Turtles are getting butchered. To wait and see is the best approach, but this movie seems like it's just...wrong.

She's definitely not leading lady material either. She's pure eye candy and doesn't even look half as good as she used to.

The movie was already doomed because of the director and producer. I don't see why it's shocking that an at best mediocre actress is going to play the female lead?

The only thing that's surprising is that Fox and Bay made up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor Kitsch or Sam Worthington was cast as Casey Jones to be honest.

Christ, this movie never had a chance. I guess I'll be looking forward to a third reboot franchise, you know, if that ever happens. :argh:

I'm definitely not too enthusiastic about this news.

I hope she is playing the scientist verson of April because I need a good laugh.

It's interesting that the people on the internet message boards and regular moviegoers do not think that Fox is a good actress but the runners of the geek websites think that she is an underrated gem. So I expect their responses to be much more positive about this casting choice.

Last edited:
I read this news on the hype facebook and my heart sank. I bet you guys she won't even dye her head red. Her casting pretty much cements what type of direction they are going in here and I'm not even surprised. Seems to me Liebesman is just a hired gun and probably has no vision for the franchise. I was actually reading the IDW comic earlier today and thinking how great a job it has done of blending all the elements from the Comics, films and cartoons in one great package. Seems this movie won't be doing that in the slightest.

Megan Fox playing a scientist. If that isn't hilarious, I don't know what is. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"