Batman Begins The Art Of Batman Begins

Just ordered my book at amzon. Although I think it won't be as good as I expect, I think it may have some info and pics we don't know yet.

I just perused a copy at Books a Million. Very Cool. Lots of concept and storyboard art. Not too many pics, but a couple of cool ones we haven't yet seen: Bruce in suit, utility belt and harness on rooftop, Ducard and ninjas near microwave transmitter, Bruce in the greenhouse, and my favorite: Bale on set in batsuit looking through lens of camera.

One of the most interesting things is a storyboard piece that goes against what we know (those of us that read the first draft script) of Batman's first meeting with Falcone. Don't know how to do the fancy spoiler stuff, so here goes:
*SPOILER*
Falcone is cowering in the back seat of a limo, armed with shotgun. Hears a thumping noise, Batman is on the roof and breaks moon-roof glass with fists and pulls him up through the opening. Falcone asks who he is, he draws him closer and says: I'm Batman. The homeless guy looks on, Batman says the "nice coat" line and shoots up into the night. Looks like Nolan may have cut and borrowed from the original 'judge scene' - makes you wonder how he handled the first appearance of Batman in the film.

Here's the cover:

9700487.gif

I couldn't find a bigger image.

It's a drawing? Can't quite tell from that pic. But it doesn't look like the real suit.

wow that looks to be a badass cover.... thats not the one they showed on Amazon.

Batcrazy said:
It's a drawing? Can't quite tell from that pic. But it doesn't look like the real suit.

It's a drawing.

After browsing through the book, it's definitely worth having. I'd shy away from the scanning and such. Not to come off sounding noble - but it looks like they put a lot of care into this production - all the way around. Let's support their efforts. If you can't quite afford the $40 (I can't), scrounge up the cash for Amazon.

dencol said:
After browsing through the book, it's definitely worth having. I'd shy away from the scanning and such. Not to come off sounding noble - but it looks like they put a lot of care into this production - all the way around. Let's support their efforts. If you can't quite afford the $40 (I can't), scrounge up the cash for Amazon.

What I'm really curious about... are there early design sketches of the Tumbler? I'm really interested in seeing the evolution of that design -- from the original concepts to the final product.

For something like this film, an artist/production designer might've gone through dozens -- if not hundreds -- of variations before arriving at the final approved version.

-- Admiral Nelson

dencol said:

I 100% agree with you. I know I won't post any scans from mine.

Is there any different Bat costumes? Kane style ears? Black and grey perhaps?

Nuk Nukk said:
I want to see the different bodysuit designs and the different cape connections.

I don't think we'll see much on the suit development as in the other designs they were considering. Because releasing other designs could generate controversy about which one should have made into the movie. I don't think they will give it all away.

Bright Eyes said:
Also they show the
microwave emiter

been wondering on what the bad place that will look like.

does the book mention anything about ra's al ghul or the twist in the movie involving ducard?

dencol said:
I just perused a copy at Books a Million. Very Cool. Lots of concept and storyboard art. Not too many pics, but a couple of cool ones we haven't yet seen: Bruce in suit, utility belt and harness on rooftop, Ducard and ninjas near microwave transmitter, Bruce in the greenhouse, and my favorite: Bale on set in batsuit looking through lens of camera.

One of the most interesting things is a storyboard piece that goes against what we know (those of us that read the first draft script) of Batman's first meeting with Falcone. Don't know how to do the fancy spoiler stuff, so here goes:
*SPOILER*
Falcone is cowering in the back seat of a limo, armed with shotgun. Hears a thumping noise, Batman is on the roof and breaks moon-roof glass with fists and pulls him up through the opening. Falcone asks who he is, he draws him closer and says: I'm Batman. The homeless guy looks on, Batman says the "nice coat" line and shoots up into the night. Looks like Nolan may have cut and borrowed from the original 'judge scene' - makes you wonder how he handled the first appearance of Batman in the film.

I really don't like that AT ALL. One, b/c the original appearance was so f-ing awesome. I don't know why they wouldn't keep it. Two, the "nice coat" line absoutely sucks and is abhorrrent. And the "I'm Batman" is a rip from Burton's and is going to remind people directly of that. Why can't other people name him -- it makes so much more sense. Not happy at all of this is the final product of the scene. Really disappointing. My first disappointment with the movie so far...

AdmNelson said:
What I'm really curious about... are there early design sketches of the Tumbler? I'm really interested in seeing the evolution of that design -- from the original concepts to the final product.

For something like this film, an artist/production designer might've gone through dozens -- if not hundreds -- of variations before arriving at the final approved version.

-- Admiral Nelson

There's no shortage of Tumbler stuff. Clay models and such.

Nuk Nukk said:

No, even though I wasn't able to take my time, I didn't see anything like that. Lot's of explanation for the suit and its functions, though.

"I'm Batman" is the most memorable line Batman will ever say, most everyone in the general public knows this line, so it HAS to be said for this movie.

Dude, that is guitared that you guys won't scan anything. Most of it will be bought by us Batman Begins stans anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"