The Art of Spoarz TM

Cheers Jim, much appreciated. :D
More coming soon y'all.

I thought I'd post this unfinished drawing I've been working on recently since I'm so hyped up to see 'Superman Returns' next month. :supes:
SupermanPencils.jpg

Bada$$ work, spoarz. Nice to see some DC, stuff. :up:

cmill216 said:
Bada$$ work, spoarz. Nice to see some DC, stuff. :up:

Cheers you guys :D I think I should draw more DC, though you've probably noticed I'm more towards the Marvel side.

I decided to add another character to my FMP advertising campaign, so now as well as Daredevil and The Punisher, I've made a poster of Wolverine, which I'll post shortly...

Before I came up with the design I have used for the final poster, I drew this design.
Logan.jpg

I tried to make it seem similar to The Punisher design, though I just wasn't happy with the pose, the face or... well, any of it really. However, with a fast approaching deadline, I scanned it in anyway, ready to add the copy and background.

However, yesterday morning, whilst sitting in front of a computer at Uni, I watched the latest TV spot for 'X-Men The Last Stand' as well as the scene with Angel rejecting the cure. This got me really excited about the movie, and being in an 'X-Men frame of mind' if you will, I managed to draw and scan a Wolverine pretty quickly that I was happy with. :)
Wolverine.jpg

Thanks, here is another design with Wolverine I came up with.
LoganSunset.jpg

^The Wolverine was hand drawn, then was scanned in and given a background using Adobe Photoshop, if anyone cares...

Thanks dude, I was considering entering it in to this months competition, though I'm not sure if I should.

There is also a version I made with a small amount of copy explaining the character briefly (as it was an advert design) which I'll post shortly.

What's your goal as an artist? What do you want to do with it?

Preferably, I'd like to make a career as a comic book artist or designer of advertisements. Something with drawing.

spoarz_tm said:
Preferably, I'd like to make a career as a comic book artist or designer of advertisements. Something with drawing.

Good luck to you. Wouldn't that be like the most amazing job?

Thanks, it certainly would be. :D

I shouldn't make a big thing of this in case nothing comes of it, but my photojournalism lecturer saw my comic book artwork and loved it (a comic book fan too ;)) and told me to email my details to him as he knows someone who works as a storyboard artist and also works in the comic book industry! Apparantly, he is always looking for new people!!!!!

spoarz_tm said:
Thanks, it certainly would be. :D

I shouldn't make a big thing of this in case nothing comes of it, but my photojournalism lecturer saw my comic book artwork and loved it (a comic book fan too ;)) and told me to email my details to him as he knows someone who works as a storyboard artist and also works in the comic book industry! Apparantly, he is always looking for new people!!!!!

Sounds awesome. :up:

Silver Sable said:
This is nice.Seems pretty dramatic :up:

Thanks Silver, I was going for a dramatic, sad/solemn moment with Wolverine. It's sort of similar in style to this Spidey drawing from the previous page.
Spider-manNight.jpg

I really like drawing the quiet scenes of a comic book, that slow things down when compared to the big explosive money shots.

MajinShenron said:
Some good stuff. You entering anything for the X-Men 3 fan contest?
Hmm, I have thought about it, though I'm not quite sure what I'd submit.

cmill216 said:
Sounds awesome.:up:
Yeah dude, I really hope something good will come from this. Drawing is all I've ever wanted to do for a living.

Here's a version of Wolverine with a short piece of copy. I don't know if this design fit the creative brief for the advertising campaign, so it didn't become a final design.
WolverineAdvertDesign.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"