The Aunt Tomei er, Aunt May thread

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' started by Speed Force, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Speed Force

Speed Force Hope, help and compassion

I'm hoping for a bit of a bigger role for Marisa Tomei in the sequel.

[​IMG]

2. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Well considering she knows peter's identity. I'm sure she'll have a large involvement. Unless they retcon that scene.

3. SkullDevil

SkullDevil The White Portuguese

They better not retcon that scene. Go forward with it and explore the new dynamic between them.

4. Zant

Zant Registered

May won't let her underage nephew go out and freely fight crime, right? Especially after Uncle Ben. I don't care how strong he is.

5. SkullDevil

That's where good conflict would come from. Retconning Homecoming's ending would be utterly moronic if they were never intent to explore this plotline which could actually bring some interesting drama.

6. Zant

Zant Registered

Its the conflict I am looking forward to. I really want tense and heated arguments between the two. Its a pretty serious issue and please no Marvel humor to break the tension.

I am guessing the conflict will be mostly resolved when May sees for herself the good that Spidey does. Just don't make her like an Alfred Pennyworth.

Hobgoblin likes this.
  7. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

It's more than likely gonna be a situation where she see's his heroics in IW and decides he can do it as long as he's safe and balances his school life correctly. And knowing Marvel they'll mess around and have May become involved in his Spider antics one way or another. Be it the villains now knowing he cares for her or her actually trying to help.

8. SkullDevil

Guess we're getting that Aunt Man spy movie after all, heh? :o

9. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I can see Aunt May getting involved in an action scene. If they could have Rosemary Harris in one with Doc Ock, then surely they can put Marisa Tomei in one. Hopefully one where she's high above the rooftops and streets like Harris was, with her in actual jeopardy.

Although I don't see Mysterio whisking her high up.

But alternatively, perhaps she can have a hallucination scene where she's remembering Uncle Ben (or Peter can have one) and it shows what life was like before when he was still alive. It would be nice to flesh out that side of their backstory.

10. PianoMan

PianoMan Registered

:whatever::whatever::whatever:

11. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yes, that indicates she would have a larger part this time.

12. Deck Rickard

Deck Rickard Bright Lord

I hope she has a bigger part in the sequel. Hell... with Marisa in the role, I'm all for that Aunt May spinoff now.

Make it happen, Sony. You know you want to. It wouldn't be dumbest idea you've ever had. ;)

13. SkullDevil

I mean, given that Peter's gonna be off in Europe, I'm not seeing May having much of a role.

Much less them acknowledging the ending of Homecoming in any meaningful way.

14. Dark Raven

There was a deleted scene apparently where she saved a kid in Homecoming, and then Spidey saw her doing that. Then she came home and lied about what she just did and also asked Peter what he was doing and he lied too. It was meant to partly show where he gets his sense of heroism from.

She could if she's like these parents who are helpers on a field trip. She could come to Europe with the school party.

15. Herofan

Herofan Registered

If the rumor that she'll be dating Hogan are true I don't see why she would feel attracted or close to him in general, his career or the way he treats Peter. Even if it's just (or started with) bonding over concern about Peter Hogan didn't seem concerned about him particularly or, before, the adult heroes generally, he could actually be more concerned than he lets on but it would still probably feel more like an inconsistency and a forced relationship.

16. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Registered

Yeah, her dating Happy is a...weird choice. Kinda surprised more people aren’t talking about it.

17. SkullDevil

Given the recent trailer, let's hope they at least touch on the dramatic ramifications of her knowing Peter is Spider-Man.

18. DarkKnight88

DarkKnight88 Registered

At least in this one they're open with it. In the Raimi movies, she always hinted that she knew but they never talked openly about it. I forget if the 2012 ones she knew or not.

19. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Registered

It seems like they are going with the cool supportive aunt route.

20. Deck Rickard

Deck Rickard Bright Lord

Yeah, that seems to be the route they're taking and I think it works.

21. Dark Raven

So I guess in light of Endgame, the whole Aunt May knowing Peter's secret identity will be a complete non issue in FFH.

After all

she was there at Tony Stark's funeral, and also 5 years have passed since she found out Peter was Spider-Man. If she survived the snap, Peter's secret identity would be the last thing she would've worried about. And if she didn't survive the snap but was brought back, well, knowing he's Spider-Man would still be hardly the biggest concern.

22. Dark Raven

Although Sony originally pitched an Aunt May spin-off, would anyone like to see a Disney + mini series about Aunt May? It could be 6 to 8 episodes providing some back story and maybe even telling of her relationship with Uncle Ben.

They could even de-age her to her My Cousin Vinny look for a few flashback scenes.

23. Immortalfire

Immortalfire The Pain of Fast Air

What we all want to know is, will this version of aunt May finally become Carnage?

SkullDevil likes this.
  24. SpeterMan3

SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

She better.

25. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Not a fan of the MCU's version of Aunt May.