Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "no more origins" stuff seems to be coming from geek reporters/bloggers who are projecting their wishful thinking into their rumor reports.

Everything OFFICALLY said by Marvel about both the Dr. Strange movie and the Captain Marvel movie lead me to believe that Dr. Strange's movie will heavily deal with his origin and that Carol Danvers is not gonna be officially introduced to the MCU as a fully blown character until her own solo flick (likely also an origin story).

And logically, why would they do it any other way?

I actually think you may be on to something here, seems like most of the no origins stuff was started by Faraci over at BAD. I think the likely thing is Feigi said something about not doing traditional origins to someone and they misinterpreted it. Non-traditional could mean something as simple as condensing the hell out of it or doing it throughout the film in flashbacks that are going concurrently with the main story similar to Arrow

Well from some reports Marvel has said they are trying to get away from the origin story. No way do they do the origin again for Spidey for instance. But I think the prevailing thought in Hollywood right now is the GA needs at least a bit of the origin to connect with the character. I think Marvel is going to go the route of condensing the origin and getting out of the way as quickly as possible to get into the good stuff faster. But it's a double edged sword, if every movie opens up with the the hero already having powers and just briefly going over their backstory that will be just as cliche as the origin itself. At least with the origin you get some specific reason as to why the character is special and unique

I think with some characters like Dr. Strange, an origin is needed for the audience to know the characters persona before becoming Sorcerer Supreme. Because the change from hugely egotistical *****e to wise sorcerer is an integral part to Stranges story. But someone like BPs origin can easily be told through dialogue and plot setup through other movies, with Wakanda being introduced in AoU, and BP and Wakanda playing important roles in Civil War. Or with Marvel already setting up Inhumans, 4 years from release. I think the only traditional origin story in phase 3 will be Strange, and Captain Marvel will touch upon her origins in a least 1 Marvel movie and/or show before hers, and hers will use possible flashbacks integrated into her solo film to further flesh it out, and Spidey's origin is so well known that another retelling is unneeded and unwanted and many praises to Odin for Feige knowing that and not retelling it.

It's going to be a good year for Chris Hemsworth. He did a good job hosting SNL and his wife (Elsa Pataky)

is rumored to be appearing in Fast 7

She is married to Thor in real life, but ends up kissing Groot in the Fast and Furious movies.
Not sure why her appearing in F&F 7 would exactly be a spoiler, considering she's appeared in the previous 2 films.

Last edited:
I think with some characters like Dr. Strange, an origin is needed for the audience to know the characters persona before becoming Sorcerer Supreme. Because the change from hugely egotistical *****e to wise sorcerer is an integral part to Stranges story. But someone like BPs origin can easily be told through dialogue and plot setup through other movies, with Wakanda being introduced in AoU, and BP and Wakanda playing important roles in Civil War. Or with Marvel already setting up Inhumans, 4 years from release. I think the only traditional origin story in phase 3 will be Strange, and Captain Marvel will touch upon her origins in a least 1 Marvel movie and/or show before hers, and hers will use possible flashbacks integrated into her solo film to further flesh it out, and Spidey's origin is so well known that another retelling is unneeded and unwanted and many praises to Odin for Feige knowing that and not retelling it.

I agree that BP can start his film already bad ass since he will be introduced in CW but I think Marvel is really missing an opportunity to do something different with CBMs if they skip over it. I could see BP being a prince in CW and his father being killed at the end to set up his journey in his solo. I also think Strange needs a good chunk to show how he changes so dramatically from pompous entitled Doctor to the sorcerer supreme and given Cumberbatch has the role they would be insane not to give him all of the to work with. For Carol I could see them setting up a fly by in AoU without casting, maybe working in the background in CW and AoS to establish the character, and then start her film with the accident involving Mar-Vell that gives her the powers so right out of the gate we are off and running

Precisely, I'm hoping the Captain Marvel movie will be a Marvel spin on a buddy cop action flick that takes place on Earth, in space, and on the Kree homeworld, and they hopefully get a nice big A-lister to play Mar-vell to blow the general audiences mind when they kill him at the end.

Last edited:
Not sure why her appearing F&F 7 would exactly be a spoiler, considering she's appeared in the previous 2 films.
It's not a spoiler at all. Hell you can see her in behind the scenes featurettes and TV Spots/Trailers.

I really hope something in AoU will set the precedent for things like the SHIELD show crossing over to the MCU proper. They were pushing "It's All Connected" forever and really nothing has been connected in the movies. I would like some payout for being a loyal Marvel fanboy and supporting all things MCU. IMO screw the audience, we don't need to explain jack to them and it's their fault for not tuning into the other stuff haha

I think with a little more time we'll see more, the MCU is an ever expanding universe, and we're still pretty early into it, with quite a few more characters being introduced and plot lines like Inhumans already being setup, which the nonfanboys I'm sure are clueless about, and if Winter Soldier and the ramifications it had on AoS is any indication we're in for another crazy shake up in the MCU after AoU, and even more so next year with Civil War. I think AoU will show us how connected everything has been thus far, and lay the groundwork even further for the future MCU, also I'm pretty sure my brain just suffered a nerd overdose so I end this comment with a demand for Moonknight!!!

I really hope that is the case. I think the big thing that has been holding the MCU back is the contracts with the original Avengers considering they had no idea if this whole MCU thing would work. Now I have to believe that anyone coming into the MCU or renewing their contract will have clauses for appearances in other properties like SHIELD and the Netflix stuff. That way they don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get RDJ to pop up somewhere

They started way too slow with Agents of SHIELD. Bet a lot of the GA dropped it after the weaker early episodes.

Which is a damn shame since it is one of the best shows on TV right now IMO. But I get how they lost people with the whole slow burn thing

You have to go hard at the beginning (like a Game of Thrones). Once you've thrown out your hook people will keep watching through a bunch of weak episodes. AoS didn't give non-Marvel fans any reason to keep watching and even some hardcore MCU guys who really wanted to like it dropped it.

Anyway it is what is and it's good that they've dialled it up now. Need some aggressive cross promotion now to get everyone to give it a chance and get hooked properly.

Not silent, I'm even apologizing!

I still think it was legitimate for us to be worried with us not having seen decent action from Cap in the AoU old trailers.
But since the third trailer (plus all the spots) it looks like Whedon took Russo's Badass Cap (RBC from now on :woot:) and took it a level further.

And I love to have been proven wrong! :cwink:

Dat combo. I'm going to fangirl like crazy when it comes on screen.

Frak, I hope it's the same case for BW. I'm getting really excited for Cap's stuff.

Is it me or is Cap's drop kick on the drone in the new TV spot kinda weird? It's like he doesn't recover and let his body fall onto the ground flat.

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked at videos of people doing drop kicks and Cap's doing it right.

Last edited:
Hot-Toys-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-1-4-War-Machine-Collectible-Bust_PR1-600x420.jpg

So War Machine confirmed to suit up in AoU?
Slightly disappointed that there look to be no major changes other than the color schemes.

God WM just looks so much cooler to me. My favorite of the IM family.

I think Hawkeye is the toughest hero to do because as someone said he can only hold so many arrows, after hes run out, he has to like stand around. haha

It would be awesome if he had a huge storage cache on the Quinjet so when he needs to reload a flying cargo goes to his location or something

I think with her being in between the Infinity War movies, she'll gain her powers somewhere after Part 1 and join the fight in Part 2.

God WM just looks so much cooler to me. My favorite of the IM family.

Yep, looks amazingly cool to me too.

On Hawkeye you get that problem with most archers. Best to just ignore it. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"