Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's more due to Whedon's writing style. He writes characters very wry and very dry regarding humor. He writes characters that are dull, but they're usually not the main ones.

Im sure Joss balanced it out so its right for each character though. I personally love those lines they throw at each other.

An actual quip from Hawkeye! Huzzah!

I'm gonna wear my AoU shirt I get from the Marvel Collector Corps to the midnight showing at the end of the month

Aww gosh those TV spots were too cool! And some of those drones look huge!

Now that's a Hawkeye.

I've gotta stop watching these!

BTW, how many different lines are they gonna dub over that part where Ultron says "there are no strings on me" ? lol

I love that bit where Thor is calling for the hammer, but then drops his hand and it hits that soldier. :D

My problem is more with them not having distinctive voices. Literally all of them have sassy lines.

Well Whedon is known for the wit but they do have different tones and voices that have not only been established by him but the actors and how they've played these roles for years

Tony: his humor is well like RDJ's (who writes about half his own stuff) - colorful, twisty, verbose, snarky
Cap: wry and a bit sassy in a pointed but also kind of stealth laid back way
BW: she's wry like Cap but tends to be more cynical and sometimes trying a bit to get under the skin
Thor: is well Thor and sounds like no one else
Clint: we haven't seen anything from him but Olsen said he's funny because he's always complaining and grumpy [and there it is that TV spot]

Oh and you can see Black Widow fighting with [BLACKOUT]Cap's shield![/BLACKOUT]

My problem is more with them not having distinctive voices. Literally all of them have sassy lines.

They have such lines but I definitely think they are different for each character. None of the others sound like Tony Stark when he tells what he brings to the team in a midlly snide joke, Thor has more directly cocky lines that revolve about him being good, Cap is a bit more toned down and at times self deprecating, etc.

Last edited:
Well Whedon is known for the wit but they do have different tones and voices that have not only been established by him but the actors and how they've played these roles for years

Tony: his humor is well like RDJ's (who writes about half his own stuff) - colorful, twisty, verbose, snarky
Cap: wry and a bit sassy in a pointed but also kind of stealth laid back way
BW: she's wry like Cap but tends to be more cynical and sometimes trying a bit to get under the skin
Thor: is well Thor and sounds like no one else
Clint: we haven't seen anything from him but Olsen said he's funny because he's always complaining and grumpy [and there it is that TV spot]
Precisely. Everyone having quips doesn't mean each character doesn't have their own spin on it.

Those TV spots are amazing especially the fourth one.

As long as the characters are not constantly quipping back and forth it's fine by me.

I got a feeling Nick Fury is gonna show up at the final battle with his Helicarrier

"Show'em what we got"

Scarlet Witch is sure gonna be screaming a lot in this - maybe her powers hurt her?

Black Widow fighting with Cap's shield

yesjacknicholson.gif

I'm just curious. Has anyone else besides Quasimod0 and I signed up for the Collector Corps that post in here? The first box is AoU so it just seems weird that nobody in here seems to care about it. I think it's a damn good deal for $25

They definitely have distinctive voices, imo. "Funny lines" is not a voice. Otherwise, all the characters from Friends would have the exact same voice as well because they all get funny lines all the time, but given how they've essentially been turned into archetypes by the media, it would seem they had pretty distinctive voices.

The nature of each character's comedy is the voice, and lines from TA like "There's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that" could ONLY come from Cap. Just like Tony Stark's line in the featurette about being the guy who makes everyone look cool could only come from him. Cap's comedy comes out of modesty and humility, Stark's the opposite. We're just getting to know Hawkeye's, but Widow's all deadpan, Thor's still got that God-on-Earth humor going and Banner's probably the most low-key. The point is, the humor comes out naturally from the moment. Cap will still be the most serious guy and rightful leader, Widow will still be enigmatic, etc. The only character actively trying to be quippy or funny is Stark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"