Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the extended party scene clip. From Clint's laugh... boy it's so natural. The original 6 are amazing together.

Got a feeling it may be a tad quieter in here than normal with the BvS trailer leaking

Just watched the extended party scene clip. From Clint's laugh... boy it's so natural. The original 6 are amazing together.

Y'know, I've been thinking about the party scene (hanging out scene) or whatever you want to call it. I'm not saying it won't or doesn't work, but Hawkeye (for example) always came off as so serious all the time that it's hard for me to imagine him joking around. It's something that takes him in a completely different direction (for me). I mean, I can see Thor quaffing a few Millers Meads, slamming down the glass, and saying "another", but the idea of these very serious characters (including Black Widow and Cap) joking and having a party together is taking some time for me to wrap my brain around.

I don't have any problem envisioning Tony throwing back a few drinks, but the rest......

Found a breakfast joint near the TCL Chinese theater. It's the Loew's hotel in Hollywood. It costs a few bucks, but, WTF. I'll celebrate International Workers' Day by ordering the "endless Mimosas" with breakfast and then walk (stumble??) over to the theater. Maybe it'll put me in the right mood for the party scene. :woot:

Got a feeling it may be a tad quieter in here than normal with the BvS trailer leaking

I'm not a DC hater. In fact, I love Nolan's Batman movies, but that trailer sucked......

I have no problem with them all partying in their own way. Cap to ME has tried to get drunk TWICE in First Avenger alone. I still can see trying to relax and enjoy his friends
Y'know, I've been thinking about the party scene (hanging out scene) or whatever you want to call it. I'm not saying it won't or doesn't work, but Hawkeye (for example) always came off as so serious all the time that it's hard for me to imagine him joking around. It's something that takes him in a completely different direction (for me). I mean, I can see Thor quaffing a few Millers Meads, slamming down the glass, and saying "another", but the idea of these very serious characters (including Black Widow and Cap) joking and having a party together is taking some time for me to wrap my brain around.

I don't have any problem envisioning Tony throwing back a few drinks, but the rest......

Found a breakfast joint near the TCL Chinese theater. It's the Loew's hotel in Hollywood. It costs a few bucks, but, WTF. I'll celebrate International Workers' Day by ordering the "endless Mimosas" with breakfast and then walk (stumble??) over to the theater. Maybe it'll put me in the right mood for the party scene. :woot:

I have no problem with them all partying in their own way. Cap to ME has tried to get drunk TWICE in First Avenger alone. I still can see trying to relax and enjoy his friends

It's not that I have a problem with it. It's hard for me to envision. Esp. Hawkeye. I'm not sure I had even seen him crack a smile before. I'm sure it'll feel fine in the context of the movie (esp after endless mimosas).

EDIT: If Vision shows up, maybe he can slam some transmission fluid......or maybe Ultron should and just chill out......

I'm not a DC hater. In fact, I love Nolan's Batman movies, but that trailer sucked......

I have to disagree but this is not the location for this discussion, I love both DC and Marvel though (Takes a gun to my head to choose marvel)

I have to disagree but this is not the location for this discussion, I love both DC and Marvel though (Takes a gun to my head to choose marvel)

Just a response to the mod. My reaction to it was probably because I think the AoU trailers have been spectacular and just about every trailer I've seen sort of pales in comparision. I guess I've been spoiled by Joss.

Have a feeling the Hulk/BW romance might be an issue for a lot of critics. Not sure why Joss went for it..

Ultimately, I can't see it going anywhere. I mean Banner is pretty cool, but you probably don't want to get into an argument about leaving the toilet seat up and piss him off.

I would like to see Maria Hill's character developed a little bit more and maybe see her and Cap hit it off, but that could be dangerous for her character as she could get killed off just so Cap has more inner conflict that he already does. She certainly has the hots for him as evidenced in the first Avengers movie.

Have a feeling the Hulk/BW romance might be an issue for a lot of critics. Not sure why Joss went for it..

:csad: yeah, and i even like them as a couple. but the execution seems subpar

I think Bruce and Nats relationship will just be short lived. Theres no way theyre gonna make that an ongoing thing.

putting Nat into another relationship/flirting in CW would be even worse. let the Scarlet Witch be the fandom bicycle for once

I think Bruce and Nats relationship will just be short lived. Theres no way theyre gonna make that an ongoing thing.

and that's the thing
if it's not gonna last/carry over, then why even bother including it?

The embargo hasn't lifted yet? How is there a review out?

it's a blog who clearly does not want to be invited to any more press screenings, lol

i really need an after-release interview with someone in charge about the Nat/Bruce situation, the spoilers and reviews about it are so :huh::huh::huh:

The site that must not be named has an early impressions video up. They say it's really good but the only real flaws are some jokes that don't land (and thus seem kinda out of character) and too much stuff going on at times, which makes the plot kind of hard to follow.

Like a lot of the early impressions he also seems to echo that Scarlet Witch is more fleshed out than Quicksilver and that there are some really good emotional scenes, especially for Hawkeye. He says if you weren't a fan of Hawkeye in part 1 you will be by the end of this one.

In regards to the Natasha/Bruce romance, I can see the issue with the presumably tragic nature of it being a bit obvious via context. I don't really have a problem with that if the emotional context works in the film. That a bit on the writing and a bit on the actors. I like Johansson and Ruffalo's chemistry and I trust Whedon so I don't think I'll mind. It's a shame it's a problem for that reviewer though.

EDIT:

Ok, I just listened to the initial impression over at the site of disrepute and I'm unbelievably excited, although I can imagine a few might not be. The reviewer mentions that Whedon seems to have been allowed full reign to incorporate his sensibilities and that if you love Joss Whedon you'll be in heaven. I've loved Whedon since before he was even attached to Avengers so I'm really happy if this true, others who don't like his style might not be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"