Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bruce and Nats relationship will just be short lived. Theres no way theyre gonna make that an ongoing thing.

I don't think the romantic aspects of their relationships will continue, but I definitely still see them having a strong relationship in whatever movie they both appear in next. It seems like Widow will be one of the few characters who can control Bruce Banner's transformations into the Hulk.

I want to see what the 26/311 people who voted the first Avengers "Rotten" have to say about this one.

the two scenes we've seen with them have worked really well for me. It is more subtle than I thought it would be instead of melodramatic which is more my worry, but then again....2 snippets.

I don't think the romantic aspects of their relationships will continue, but I definitely still see them having a strong relationship in whatever movie they both appear in next. It seems like Widow will be one of the few characters who can control Bruce Banner's transformations into the Hulk.

I thought Betty Ross could do the same? By the way did explain what happened to Bruce and Betty after the events of Hulk 2008? He just left her and now is in love with Black Widow?

the MCU likes to pretend TIH never happened

Also there needs to be a Hulk follow up film because there are some lose ends that need to be tied up. First is the fact that Adomination is running lose somewhere in the MCU. He was being contained by sheild but we know it was comprised by hydra. And second Leader was teased and probably exists in the MCU as well. Marvel can't just ignore these two things, so there needs to be a hulk solo sequel at some point.

Also there needs to be a Hulk follow up film because there are some lose ends that need to be tied up. First is the fact that Adomination is running lose somewhere in the MCU. He was being contained by sheild but we know it was comprised by hydra. And second Leader was teased and probably exists in the MCU as well. Marvel can't just ignore these two things, so there needs to be a hulk solo sequel at some point.
And we want more Thunderbolt Ross :D

Can't remember if Abomination was released on AoS or not (I think not)

Have a feeling the Hulk/BW romance might be an issue for a lot of critics. Not sure why Joss went for it..

If it goes south, you have two characters that had no hopes of any relationship seeing a glimpse of hope for one crushed in the end, witch is good tragedy. IF it is a result of the final battle, it highlights a personal consecuence for the characters fighting the good fight. You cant come unscathet from something like this. If they have to choose between theyre love and being heroes, this whole thing takes on a new level of complexity.

Mind you, im just speculating. Just a couple of reasons why this romance could be VERY justified, mostly knowing Whedon´s work.

There is rumors that somebody might die. Same thing. I know many people dont agree with it, wich is fine, each has his or her own opinion, but i do agree with Whedon. If you say "there is no way we get all trough this" at the same time you are creating a situation where such a line is credible and you dont kill, at least, somebody, it does feel a bit like a cheat. We are used to it, but i dont think taht makes it right. You can do that once, but the secdond time, you should make that statement EARNED.

If you have an ultimate battle and you have someone die in it and two characters that are allmost touching a dream they never thought could be so near smashed, it makes that end battle more complex and real than just the heroes wining the day... again.

Of course, it all might not happen this way at all. But knowing Whedon, i doubt it wont. His Astonishing X men had two lovers reunite after he got "resurrected" so they could live trough the love story they were denied before just to have her sacrifice herself for the greater good and leaving HIM this time alone. Heck, even his run of Runaways had a tragic lovestory at its heart.

One might not agree with it nor like it, but Whedon has never really done something without a specific reason.

So few people remember the Incredible Hulk that they really don't need to. It's been seven years since it came out.

If it goes south, you have two characters that had no hopes of any relationship seeing a glimpse of hope for one crushed in the end, witch is good tragedy. IF it is a result of the final battle, it highlights a personal consecuence for the characters fighting the good fight. You cant come unscathet from something like this. If they have to choose between theyre love and being heroes, this whole thing takes on a new level of complexity.

Mind you, im just speculating. Just a couple of reasons why this romance could be VERY justified, mostly knowing Whedon´s work.

There is rumors that somebody might die. Same thing. I know many people dont agree with it, wich is fine, each has his or her own opinion, but i do agree with Whedon. If you say "there is no way we get all trough this" at the same time you are creating a situation where such a line is credible and you dont kill, at least, somebody, it does feel a bit like a cheat. We are used to it, but i dont think taht makes it right. You can do that once, but the secdond time, you should make that statement EARNED.

If you have an ultimate battle and you have someone die in it and two characters that are allmost touching a dream they never thought could be so near smashed, it makes that end battle more complex and real than just the heroes wining the day... again.

Of course, it all might not happen this way at all. But knowing Whedon, i doubt it wont. His Astonishing X men had two lovers reunite after he got "resurrected" so they could live trough the love story they were denied before just to have her sacrifice herself for the greater good and leaving HIM this time alone. Heck, even his run of Runaways had a tragic lovestory at its heart.

One might not agree with it nor like it, but Whedon has never really done something without a specific reason.

I agree with all of this wholeheartedly. I have a feeling you and I may really love this film as the first impression audio knocking about states that Whedon's pretty much gone full Whedon on it. He says how much you love the film depends on how much you love Whedon.

Granted, you may not love Whedon, but you have a good understanding of his work and the kind of stories he tells so presumably you'll be able to appreciate it.

So few people remember the Incredible Hulk that they really don't need to. It's been seven years since it came out.

Yea but it came out the same year as Iron Man, in fact it was released the month after Iron Man came out. All the lose ends in the Iron Man solo movies have been addressed, but they could aleast do a Marvel One shot and address the lose ends regarding the events of the 2008 Hulk film. Because it's pretty shocking Bruce, any remaining members of Shield or the avengers themselves be cool with Adomination and Leader running free. If the Hulk 2008 film is canon to MCU it needs to be addressed at some point you know what I mean? But it's cool if they ignore it for the greater good ha.

seems like the breaking point for this movie is how much one can stand Whedon's writing tics

Yea but it came out the same year as Iron Man, in fact it was released the month after Iron Man came out. All the lose ends in the Iron Man solo movies have been addressed, but they could aleast do a Marvel One shot and address the lose ends regarding the events of the 2008 Hulk film. Because it's pretty shocking Bruce, any remaining members of Shield or the avengers themselves be cool with Adomination and Leader running free. If the Hulk 2008 film is canon to MCU it needs to be addressed at some point you know what I mean? But it's cool if they ignore it for the greater good ha.
Blonsky was mentioned several times in AoS, even as an important point regarding security after the events of CA:TWS (again, can't remember is Blonsky is supposed to be secured after that, I think he is still in the vault)

You can see/hear ALOOOOT of Whedon in Ultron himself in one of the clips when Ultron says "not this christmas" I swore that was Whedon talking, it was in his delivery and everything lol

Is it possible Marvel gets a sense of the overall reactions and are letting out the embargo early?

they allowed the press to tweet their thought after the press screenings, so they must be confident in the movie

every review yet is calling out the twins' accents :ninja:

Blonsky was mentioned several times in AoS, even as an important point regarding security after the events of CA:TWS (again, can't remember is Blonsky is supposed to be secured after that, I think he is still in the vault)

I need to watch season 1 of AOS shield again I can't remember if they said he got free or not.

Mahvel: Its funny you mention Ultron sounding like Joss. I actually think he put a lot of himself into the character. And recently I noticed how much he sounds like that character. I just never brought it up.

Why can't this movie be released in the U.S at the same time as the U.K? The wait is killing me now.

So the trailer for that major DC film leaked.
Wonder if DC will pull a Marvel and release it.
Marvel blamed hydra for their leak
Wonder who DC will put the blame on theirs??

Luthor.

For anyone posting reviews: Can you add the rating (stars, As Bs etc) the movie gets too? So we can just get a general sense of how its doing? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"