The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

Yes, it is relevant. The fact that it was Pym who created Ultron is actually important to Ultron's character (and of course Pym's).

2. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

No. Joss specifically said Ultron is created out of the current Avengers. Just accept it.

3. Mr. Dent

No, it's not. It's relevant to PYM's character, not Ultron's. Ultron's only prerequisite is a scientist (or maybe even group of people) creating him in an attempt to better the world, and they **** up. That doesn't HAVE to be Pym, it can be anyone who fits that description.

4. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

The change does kind of matter because Ultron was created from Pym's brain patterns and Pym was mentally unstable at the time so Ultron is kind of crazy.

Also Ultron has father/son issues and Oedipus complex with his creator Pym.

Ultron causes alot of chaos sometimes just to mess with Pym.

5. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Pym is known for a handful of things. Ultron.....smacking the **** out of Janet...Pym particles...and being kind of a butt monkey as of late in the Marvel Universe. It's bad when even Bruce Banner is cracking on you. Even the most hardcore Marvel zombie couldn't recall a lot more about him.

6. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Or you could just ask. I didnt see Origins in theaters because X3 sucked. I didn't see First Class in theaters because Origins sucked. First Class was okay but the continuity is so FUBAR that I won't be paying to see Wolverine. Still pretty confusing but that's just how it works.

If Wolverine is great (when I torrent it next year) then I'll consider paying for DoFP.

7. babykhris

babykhris Well-Known Member

So basically the ONLY reason people care about Hank Pym is ULTRON?? It isn't like he was going to be the villian is the Ant-Man movie.

8. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

Not to a large extant. Take Iron Man: Stark is still captured and forced to build weapons but instead, with the help of another scientist who ends up sacrificing himself during the escape, he builds an Iron Man suit.

Captain America is still largely the same. Heck, he even gets frozen in ice! And we never really see a fully canonical Hulk's origin. The only one that does have some major changes is Thor's. But I was fine with it for the simple fact that Donald Blake sucks.

9. BatsDC

BatsDC Side-Kicker

Oh, ok, misinterpreted what he said then.

10. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

not really. Pyms personality plays a hug part in why Ultron is how he is. And there is also the unhealthy relationship to Jen. If you change that, if you transfer the son-who-wants-to-kill-his-father-and-marry-his-mother dynamic to others it becomes a lot less effective

11. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

id agree with this, but it's not very logical for Tony to design a new Ai and created an army of robots after he just blew up his army of armors... it's a bit repetitive and goes against what he just set out to stop doing

12. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

Where? Got a link to the interview?

There is also the whole Oedipus complex that Ultron has going on. That is very relevant to the character.

13. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Just modernized. In some cases redone when they are really bad (i.e. Donald Blake, Whiplash) But Ultron wasn't bad at all. In fact, one of the best.

14. roach

roach I am the night

while the broad strokes are there its the details they get changed.
    Cap was never a USO spokesperson and was given a cover identity in the Army and called to fight the Nazi's in America...before going to war. Red Skull was never a failed Nazi Super soldier scarred from the attempt.

15. Mr. Dent

Not if they're for helping people, like the Ultron bots in EMH.

None of that is necessary. And if they wanted to they could just have Tony and Pepper take that role. But like I said, none of it is necessary anyway. They can portray Ultron's need of human emotions in other ways that are just as disturbing.

It's on CBM.

Like I said above, that is not necessary and can be transplanted onto Tony or just replaced with another trait just as disturbing to represent Ultron's need of emotions.

Seriously, all these complaints are just "not muh comics" worries.

16. spideyboy_1111

there's really nothing confirmed yet... be patient

17. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

About the army of robots thingy. There won´t be any armies.
    We saw armies in the first movie. I think it´s more likely that we get some Ultron
    underlings and a super enhanced robot that is Ultron. As mentioned before,
    he is probably going for vib/ada to make him indestructible.

Yes that is true. Nothing is confirmed yet spideyboy :)

18. spideyboy_1111

and scott lang has even less going on than Hank... in his repertoire

so how they plan on continuing AntMan into a franchise or in the Avengers is beyond me

19. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

No need for *****e baggery.

20. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

With creativity and originality, probably.

21. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Except that's apparently NOT the story line they're going with. I mean it's pretty obvious the manifestation of Ultron is born out of the government's desire to have a fail-safe against the Avengers and to be able to handle situations on their own ..... albeit the government clearly becomes corrupted as we find out in C:TWS (as well as some of it in IM3). Ultron becomes a problem in lieu of it.

22. spideyboy_1111

ehhhhh

Iron Man's armors ARE to help people. why would he obsessively build another army? it's illogical.

I think (and have always hoped) tony would play a huge part in ultron's creation, but Pym's gotta have some part of it. Otherwise there's honestly not much to tell about Ant-Man... it becomes a film that's really just about a guy who shrinks and grows.

as people have said above... Hank isn't known for that much aside from slapping Jan, creating pym particles, and Ultron. Scott Lang and Eric O'grady are known for even far less than that. There's not a whole lot of story to continue any of those characters with imo

23. spideyboy_1111

CBM is the sweaty armpit of the internet. just because they post it doesn't mean it's 100% fact at all. Often enough things are taken out of context, and even then, just because things are answered in one way doesn't mean they're meaning it that way nor even telling the truth. Just wait and be patient

24. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

well those issues can be added in a different way and we'd have ultron how he is potraied in the comics as well

25. spideyboy_1111

oh im sure their will be an ultron army.. this large avengers roster is just what... all going to take on Ultron at the same time? they've gotta have drones to fight. and Ultron is known for them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.