Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we see Carol at all in this movie (and I doubt that unless all of a sudden Marvel issues an official press release announcing either Emily Blunt or Jessica Chastain in an unspecified role in Age of Ultron) I would guess she would look like this:

tumblr_m94qjuE1n81qh3aos.jpg

Before she looks like this:

3353488-1726657347-3a6f3a.jpeg

or like this:

tumblr_mqgy4iTzDq1qm3pylo1_500.jpg

Would be harder for a woman with Carol's......."build" to be an Air Force pilot

Would be harder for a woman with Carol's......."build" to be an Air Force pilot

Perhaps a SHIELD Agent. I don't think she's in this movie, despite the fact that Joss may want more females on the Avengers.

Maybe more this?

670010-ultimate_carol_closeup1.jpg

Then again, Captain America: The Winter Soldier does have Agent 13 in a very small role to set her up for an even bigger role in Cap 3, so Carol could be in a similar role to Sharon if she's in this. Marvel Studios is no stranger to this.

Perhaps a SHIELD Agent. I don't think she's in this movie, despite the fact that Joss may want more females on the Avengers.

Maybe more this?

670010-ultimate_carol_closeup1.jpg
:lmao: That would just be WORSE for an Air Force pilot

am i missing something? or are pilots not allowed to have big boobs?

The hell you say. If Widow isn't then Batman isn't.

That's ridiculous.
Widow is a SHIELD agent/Spy, would NOT consider her a "Superhero"

Batman def. is considered a hero/vigilante, "Super" could be used to describe him but it's iffy. Certainly more apropo for him than Widow.

Then again I guess you could count her ability to NOT get her arms ripped off from grabbing a speeding alien craft in midair as a superpower lol

I've never really liked Danvers. And it seems not many other people did until Bendis made her into his pet and gave her a push.

I'd rather Monica Rambeau. She's a more interesting character to me plus we'd get a female and a black superhero to add more diversity. 2 birds with 1 stone and all that.

Yeah, I think trying to make Danvers the flagship female was a mistake, because the character is ill-conceived, and has been typified by more mis-steps than successes. DeConnick is doing great with the character, but... yeah. I would have loved it if Monica had been that flagship female. That could have been awesome. I don't think they can do it now, because now doing Spectrum, even though she has a great unique powerset and a surprisingly ample supporting cast for a character who never has a solo ongoing. No real villains, but Danvers isn't doing much better.

Yeah I've never understood the appeal for carol danvers...

Think Danvers/Cpt. Marvel is more well-known than Rambeau, but that's not saying much

Oh I thought of something what if
the army we saw in the filming photos who may or may not be fighting Hulk or not. What if the whole army was sent by BP! it's all just a test to see who these Avengers! are and lure them into his trap! so he can pass his test before he becomes king of Wakanda!
after all ain't in the comics BP has to pass a test before he becomes the king of Wakanda?

Widow is a SHIELD agent/Spy, would NOT consider her a "Superhero"

Well YOU don't get to make that determination. It's a totally arbitrary distinction. But whatevs :o

Last edited:
Yeah, I think trying to make Danvers the flagship female was a mistake, because the character is ill-conceived, and has been typified by more mis-steps than successes. DeConnick is doing great with the character, but... yeah. I would have loved it if Monica had been that flagship female. That could have been awesome. I don't think they can do it now, because now doing Spectrum, even though she has a great unique powerset and a surprisingly ample supporting cast for a character who never has a solo ongoing. No real villains, but Danvers isn't doing much better.

While Monica would be nice, I do think we'll see more Black actresses in the MCU soon and not just whoever they cast to play Misty Knight. I would not be surprised if an Inhumans movie is made and Crystal and Medusa are played by black women (my picks are Rosario Dawson and Paula Patton respectively). I also have Lupita as Clea.

Then again, Monica was an actual Avenger in the comics. Misty (from what I have read) was never an Avenger and yet we'll probably see Misty in the MCU instead of Monica.

yeah before Avengers came out echostation was blathering on about how Hawkeye and Widow weren't superheroes because they didn't have powers. It was nonsense then and it remains nonsense to this very day. Agree to disagree.

While Monica would be nice, I do think we'll see more Black actresses in the MCU soon and not just whoever they cast to play Misty Knight. I would not be surprised if an Inhumans movie is made and Crystal and Medusa are played by black women (my picks are Rosario Dawson and Paula Patton respectively). I also have Lupita as Clea.

Then again, Monica was an actual Avenger in the comics. Misty (from what I have read) was never an Avenger and yet we'll probably see Misty in the MCU instead of Monica.
Crystal I could see changing races but Medusa to me brings to mind her flowing Red hair which would look strange on a black actress, is that racist? :huh:

yeah before Avengers came out echostation was blathering on about how Hawkeye and Widow weren't superheroes because they didn't have powers. It was nonsense then and it remains nonsense to this very day. Agree to disagree.
I don't have to and it's not your place to tell me to :cmad:

:oldrazz:

Crystal I could see changing races but Medusa to me brings to mind her flowing Red hair which would look strange on a black actress, is that racist? :huh:

Hasn't hurt Nicki Minaj.

:o

If we see Carol at all in this movie (and I doubt that unless all of a sudden Marvel issues an official press release announcing either Emily Blunt or Jessica Chastain in an unspecified role in Age of Ultron)
It's all but confirmed at this point

Iron Man's line in Avengers "Call it Captain" was about the only clue that Cap's the leader :(

He didn't even get to say "Avengers Assemble!" Iron Man will prob. say it in AoU

It would feel sorta out of place right then. I am sure this time, when they're more aware of being the team, we will hear this line.

Speaking of the origins of Pietro and Wanda, I read such rumours which stated that they would gain their powers in result of some Strucker's experiment. Probably another attempt of recreating the original supersoldier formula. I know it's just an option but I wouldn't like this idea if it turned out to be true. Another hero born due to trying to make him another Captain America (just like they've done with Hulk). Funny thing, all of these experiments wouldn't help with bringing back Erskine' s drug but their subjects would gain far more powerful abilities than one of his kind and only ideal supersoldier - Cap. [BLACKOUT][/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
The formula was to create the perfect human specimen, which Cap is.

The Hulk and any others that gain other abilities from trying to recreate the formula are just perversions of the desired effect.

Way I look at it at least.

Yes, I get it, but I can't help a feeling that its aberrations are actually surpassing its desired effects. It's a shame that Feige turned down our guesses about Pietro and Wanda being Inhumans so quickly. At this moment I can't figure any better solution. Our hope is that Whedon somehow comes out with much better and unpredictible way of implementing them into this universe.

I'm glad he did, it was starting to get a little annoying for me tbh. The solution was always obvious to me that they would be [blackout]HYDRA or AIM experimented super soldiers brought about through tampering with the brain slot that evolves human DNA introduced in IM3[/blackout]. I've been saying for the past year they didn't introduce that thing for no reason, and it wasn't a coincidence that the twins were coming right after it.

EDIT:
It would feel sorta out of place right then. I am sure this time, when they're more aware of being the team, we will hear this line.

Speaking of the origins of Pietro and Wanda, I read such rumours which stated that they would gain their powers in result of some Strucker's experiment. Probably another attempt of recreating the original supersoldier formula. I know it's just an option but I wouldn't like this idea if it turned out to be true. Another hero born due to trying to make him another Captain America (just like they've done with Hulk). Funny thing, all of these experiments wouldn't help with bringing back Erskine' s drug but their subjects would gain far more powerful abilities than one of his kind and only ideal supersoldier - Cap. [BLACKOUT][/BLACKOUT]
Well I think it makes perfect sense in the universe they're crafting and allows for the twins to be seamlessly integrated into the Avengers sequel storyline than shoehorning a concept as big as the Inhumans into it just because they want an easy solution to replace mutants. Joss and Feige had the insight not to do that. Just like the reason they're making Stark/the current Avengers create Ultron rather than Pym is because it makes more sense in the universe they've created than, once again, shoehorning something out of no where into the mix and adding even more that needs to be explained. The way they're doing things is more streamlined and more well thought out.

Basically, the twins are the manifestation of the culmination of a storyline (super soldiers) that has been carried since the beginning of the MCU. That's why they are in the script and why it makes sense to use them and they're not just extra fluff...because it's a part of an existing storyline that needs to be addressed. Making them Inhumans and putting them in this movie would be fluff. It's not supposed to be original, because they're meant to be evolutions of a preexisting storyline. Just like Ultron is. This is a sequel, remember that.

The formula was to create the perfect human specimen, which Cap is.

The Hulk and any others that gain other abilities from trying to recreate the formula are just perversions of the desired effect.

Way I look at it at least.
I think the twins will be evolved versions of Cap. I think they will be a step ahead of him. Creations like the Extremis soldiers and Hulk were perversions and failed attempts, but the twins will be the perfected versions. Cap only receives heightened human abilities, the twins take it a step beyond that and harness the supernatural aspect that the Extremis experiments and Hulk couldn't.

Last edited:
I still think they will just be evolved humans. Mutants, just not in name for obvious reasons. They will be experimented on to figure out how they came to be, and to replicate the effect. I seriously doubt they will be enhanced by genetic experimentation etc.

Them naturally evolving these powers and being seemingly the only ones adds a layer of mystery around them. And of course makes them unique compared to the other Avengers. Plenty of story telling potential.

I still think they will just be evolved humans. Mutants, just not in name for obvious reasons. They will be experimented on to figure out how they came to be, and to replicate the effect. I seriously doubt they will be enhanced by genetic experimentation etc.

Them naturally evolving these powers and being seemingly the only ones adds a layer of mystery around them. And of course makes them unique compared to the other Avengers. Plenty of story telling potential.
Well considering what happens in Cap 2, it's clearly not a natural evolution. And, furthermore, human DNA is evolved through the brain slot introduced in IM3, so it all ties together regardless. Killian implied that one day humans would naturally tap into it as they continued to evolve...but Wanda and Pietro popping up out of nowhere clearly have had something speed up their evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"