Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I still enjoy their films for what they are. I said they're entertaining, and have great re-watch value. I just don't agree with Feige's statement that they always subvert expectations. Just because I don't agree with someone 100% doesn't mean that I think the product is inferior or not enjoyable.
You completely misinterpreted Feige's quote. :doh:

He's not talking about the plots of the movies. He's talking about Marvel's decision making in general. Did you expect Guardians of the Galaxy to be their fourth phase 2 movie? Did you expect Marvel to create a Daredevil Netflix show only a little while after gaining the rights? Did you expect them to cast Vin Diesel as Groot? Did you expect them to have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2? Did you see Avengers Age of Ultron coming?

He's not talking about the plots of the movies. He's talking about Marvel's decision making in general. Did you expect Guardians of the Galaxy to be their fourth phase 2 movie? Did you expect Marvel to create a Daredevil Netflix show only a little while after gaining the rights? Did you expect them to cast Vin Diesel as Groot? Did you expect them to have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2? Did you see Avengers Age of Ultron coming?

This. After Ant Man and Doctor Strange, Marvel could easily have their next new property not be Captain Marvel, Inhumans or Black Panther and surprise us all again.

One more. One more. Did you expect to see ROBERT REDFORD in a Marvel movie?

Or how about
Paul Bettany as Vision!
and Happy Saint Patrick's Day to everybody!

Yeah, not even speaking about (probably) three Ant-Mans in one movie! Douglas, Rudd and the third one (I have actually forgotten name of the actor) from the past scenes as young Pym. I'm sure no one saw that coming.

I like MS and Feige but outside of the IM3 twist, their films are predictable. Entertaining, but predictable.

And Loki's scheme including replacing Odin at the end of TDW was predictable as well?

Yeah, not even speaking about (probably) three Ant-Mans in one movie! Douglas, Rudd and the third one (I have actually forgotten name of the actor) from the past scenes as young Pym. I'm sure no one saw that coming.
Well, quite a few people saw that coming, since it's been a known fact since nearly the movie was first announced.

Also, Patrick Wilson isn't confirmed to be young Pym.

And yes, I'm an *******.

And Loki's scheme including replacing Odin at the end of TDW was predictable as well?

i wouldn't call it predictable. but i don't think that anyone expected him to stay dead. he's far too popular, for that.

Or how about
Paul Bettany as Vision!

that was the only one that i did actually forsee. it happened the moment after i found out that he was the voice of JARVIS. it never made sense to me that someone with his body of work was agreeing to settle for voice work.

I stand by my interpretation.

I stand by my interpretation.
No offense, but your interpretation is wrong.

You singled out one part of the quote and completely ignored the context. You created your own context.

What Feige said:
"At no point do we want him to just be a robot. We want him to have an extreme personality and attitude, and James Spader is doing an unbelievable job. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations."

What you must have read read:
"Joss Whedon is doing wonderful things with the script. The thing about our movies is that you never know what's going to happen. They're always unpredictable. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations."

Context makes the last sentence in both quotes mean two different things.

Last edited:
that was the only one that i did actually forsee. it happened the moment after i found out that he was the voice of JARVIS. it never made sense to me that someone with his body of work was agreeing to settle for voice work.

Bradley Cooper is doing voice work.

I think Marvels choices for directors are quite surprising... but then in hindsight you realise they are pretty spot on.

For example Kenneth Branaugh isn't a guy you'd imagine to do big budget blockbusters. But really, the guy has Shakespearian roots, who else for Thor? Jon Favreau, a guy known for Elf and Swingers was a surprise choice for Iron Man. James Gunn a guy whose done films like Super directing a 200 million dollar space opera? Strange choice at first, but then you realise a guy with a quirky and unusual style would be perfect for the GotG. The Russos for Captain America? What the hell? haha. Edgar Wright for Ant-Man? I can't wait to find out who they choose for Dr Strange!

Marvel does make some surprising but inspired choices for their directors. You can say the same for the actors. Casting Evans who was mainly known for cocky and comedic roles for Captain America had many scratching their heads. But in the end, I think he nails his character more than any of the others, including RDJs Stark.

One more. One more. Did you expect to see ROBERT REDFORD in a Marvel movie?

This. After Ant Man and Doctor Strange, Marvel could easily have their next new property not be Captain Marvel, Inhumans or Black Panther and surprise us all again.

Or how about
Paul Bettany as Vision!

No offense, but your interpretation is wrong.

You singled out one part of the quote and completely ignored the context. You created your own context.

What Feige said:
"At no point do we want him to just be a robot. We want him to have an extreme personality and attitude, and James Spader is doing an unbelievable job. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations."

What you must have read read:
"Joss Whedon is doing wonderful things with the script. The thing about our movies is that you never know what's going to happen. They're always unpredictable. Again, for us it's always about subverting expectations."

Context makes the last sentence in both quotes mean two different things.

To samsnee, see all of this. Read it all and absorb it and understand it, please. Because clearly you do not. All of this is dead on.

Can NOT wait until tomorrow NIGHT!!!!!!!

The casting in this movie is freaking surreal. I can't believe Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elisabeth Olsen are in an Avengers movie, as Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver no less. And Paul Bettany in the flesh after all these years? Baron von Strucker played the person who was born to play him? James Spader as Ultron.... ULTRON!!!

Not to mention the cast members that are returning from the last movie, which to this day is surreal in its own right.

we'll probably get our first real look at Ultron. Feige said it would be more than just a peek.

I'm expecting some concept art.

I hope we get some high quality concept art of the Avengers, the twins, and of course ultron.

I hope Whedon has come up with some great action scenes involving the big three, since when it comes to action, the BIG three (Iron Man, Thor, and CA) have all been taken to a grander cinematic level in their solo films imho.

[YT]m63hbXxBUs[/YT]

Cheers.

I'm not sure that I want to see that special tonite, just cause I don't want too much spoiled for the Cap2 movie. On the other hand... I am a weak, weak man. So... We'll see.

[YT]m63hbXxBUs[/YT]

Cheers.

I'm not sure that I want to see that special tonite, just cause I don't want too much spoiled for the Cap2 movie. On the other hand... I am a weak, weak man. So... We'll see.

It's blank. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back