Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Many have predicted that the Cap/Peggy scene will be a flashback/dream sequence.

I personally believe it will be Scarlet Witch messing with Cap's head.

I'm thinking the same here

Scarlet Witch will touch you and you'll get all funny in the head. Start seein things, crazy things.

Yeah we've talked about that before. i'm just really interested in how Cap and Widow's pasts could have influenced Ultron's creation.

For Cap, mostly, I am thinking it does possibly point to
Zola, maybe being involved, since Zola's carried through both Cap films. Apologies if that's been discussed ad nauseam.

Widow, maybe the
stuff about her being KGB -- or perhaps a HYDRA-infiltrated arm of the KGB?

Those points seem to make the most sense coming out of TWS.

That casting info posted by MF absolutely makes me think "epic mindwhammy" on Cap by Wanda. Awww… Cap. My Peggy-loving heart will cry a thousand tears if it is a manipulation and she ends up being unbearably cruel towards Steve.

Last edited:
Why would you travel all the way to South Africa to shoot on soundstages? That can be done anywhere.

People film in South Africa, both on location and on soundstages, because it offers massive tax breaks. Films that look like they have sizable budgets, like Chronicle and District 9, can be made for about $10M dollars.

While I also wanted someone else to score the film, this is just silly.

I'll say this, if any film ever actually made a decision like this because of an online poll, I would lose all respect for anyone involved. Like, okay, I get a lot of people aren't happy about Ben Affleck as Batman, but if Snyder went and said "Sorry, Ben, I know I chose you for the job, and you fit the vision I have in mind, and the contract's been signed... but the internet says I gotta fire you! And i'm hiring some unheard of model that just has a really square jaw."

In fact, it actually makes me wonder what a superhero movie that was designed entirely by online fans would look like. The ultimate design-by-committee.

In response to my last post the new Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman anyway so they would have to cover a lot of ground before she got a movie, like someone else said though she would be great for Disney XD and their crappy Marvel cartoon universe.

Just saw this on Robot Chicken and it totally made me crack up, if you haven't seen this it should make you laugh

[YT]pb9l988kqL4[/YT]

So assuming if we see the Avengers take on members of Hydra, or Hydra itself, before they ultimately battle with Ultron in this film, do you guys expect to see Hydra taken down completely in this film or should that be left for Cap's own film(s)?

This extra has "dream scene waitress" listed as her role. Could explain the Cap/Peggy scene.

Interesting. I wonder if the scene isn't going to be caused by Ultron fooling Steve with virtual reality/holograms or something like that. An evil robot might come up with such a scheme to mess with the head of an enemy.

Interesting. I wonder if the scene isn't going to be caused by Ultron fooling Steve with virtual reality/holograms or something like that. An evil robot might come up with such a scheme to mess with the head of an enemy.

Sounds more like something scarlett witch could do rather than ultron. I think we're quick to forget that the twins likely won't start off as allies, but enemies.

Sounds more like something scarlett witch could do rather than ultron. I think we're quick to forget that the twins likely won't start off as allies, but enemies.

Could be. I'd like to see that sort of reality distortion from Wanda rather than just TK and stuff.

On the other hand it could be some derivative of Ultron's

Encephalo-beam: Located in the head cavity, the encephalo ray plunges its victims into a deathlike coma. It also allows Ultron to mesmerize and outright control his victims, or implant subliminal hypnotic commands within their minds to be enacted at a later time.

AoA only filmed in Johannesburg in 3 locations if I remember correctly... If Marvel decided to shoot on soundstages they would go to Cape Town, since it has a first class soundstage and crew.

I know a few guys in the industry here in SA, so while they were filming we all kept our hears close to the ground, to try and find out where they will be shooting next. In JHB the security was pretty tight, given that two of our leading political parties had a clash not to far from the set, so if it wasn't already hard to get close, once that happened it became a whole lot harder.

So for the most part I'd say they just shot here on location in Johannesburg, and since there's no word they took the film to Cape Town, I doubt they shot anything on soundstages here.

Joss said that some of ULTRONS powers wont be in the film, but he also said that the manner in which ULTRON attacks the Avengers wont be the "standard robot type stuff". I think he will be a more cerebral, behind the scenes villain who wants to use their weaknesses against them instead of just doing the robot fights good guys in the street thing. James Spader is playing him, not Arnold. It has to fit his personality.

I dont think that robot in the set pics is ULTRON, its some of his drones or HYDRA drones. ULTRON doesnt need to do anything himself if hes a super smart AI. I also doubt he'd let any of the Avengers live if he was going to show up and fight them. Hes not that kind of dude.

Last edited:
Not sure how long this film is gonna be with the Avengers taking on Hydra around the world, fighting the twins, Ultron coming to fruition, then it looks like Avengers vs Ultron drones at some point. Hopefully we get 2 battles of just Ultron vs Avengers, one where Ultron defeats them and then they have to regroup. Not to mention Vision.

I hope the last battle isn't the Avengers vs a bunch of Ultron drones

Thor vs Ultron is going to be interesting.

I wonder if Zola's algorithm targeted Thor (whenever he's on earth).

Thor vs Ultron is going to be interesting.

I wonder if Zola's algorithm targeted Thor (whenever he's on earth).

Good point. The algorithm does seem specific to Earth. Maybe SWORD has their own algorithm. :)

The algorithm was based on a ton of files and data right, I can't imagine they have a lot on Thor. I mean I know it's not hard to realise Thor is a threat to Hydra but still the algorithm didn't just pick obvious threats it used data.

It would be kinda hard for HYDRA to target Asgard, though. At this point, the assumption by everybody in the MCU seems to be that he's still back home in Valhalla; Jane seems to be the only one who knows that he came back to Midgard for her.

Still, if HYDRA *knows* he's on Earth, then I'm sure they'd consider him a top target and probably their most formidable opponent.

I hope we Get Cap leading the battle cry
014.jpg

For Cap, mostly, I am thinking it does possibly point to
Zola, maybe being involved, since Zola's carried through both Cap films. Apologies if that's been discussed ad nauseam.

Widow, maybe the
stuff about her being KGB -- or perhaps a HYDRA-infiltrated arm of the KGB?

Those points seem to make the most sense coming out of TWS.

That casting info posted by MF absolutely makes me think "epic mindwhammy" on Cap by Wanda. Awww… Cap. My Peggy-loving heart will cry a thousand tears if it is a manipulation and she ends up being unbearably cruel towards Steve.

People are assuming that Wanda would be responsible for whatever dream sequence/flashback/??? happens to Steve, but it could just as easily be Ultron. Strucker might order her to do something like that but it seems that his control of the twins won't last through much of the movie. At this point there isn't any indication that Ultron controls Wanda at any point, though I suppose that he could. However, I think that Ultron will be the cause of whatever happens, mainly because it seems that the original Human Torch/Vision is involved. (That's assuming that Bettany is playing the Torch as well as the Vision, though for all I know he could be someone else or even the real Edwin Jarvis.)

If the film keeps comic book canon and has the Torch being a comrade of Cap's from WWII, Ultron could have used what the android knew about Steve to attack/deceive him.

Some minutes ago in Ruffalo's twitter:

BlWiVzaCEAEWjBj.jpg

That's cool for diehards and people super excited about the movie, but my immediate thought was "big deal, it's her set chair." I don't see why he tweeted that. "I'm going to get in trouble for this." - Why? cause it's not an approved pic from the set? Neat for fans I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"