Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they get her parts done quick. I'm sure the stunt double will do the extra work

That's cool for diehards and people super excited about the movie, but my immediate thought was "big deal, it's her set chair." I don't see why he tweeted that. "I'm going to get in trouble for this." - Why? cause it's not an approved pic from the set? Neat for fans I suppose.

This post :facepalm: :whatever:

Widow is pregnant with Hulk. :o

Im a Scarlett J. fan and everything but that pic of her set chair was a little lacking. We need a bit more content. :)

Kevin Feige said they'll try to finish most of her scenes in april since she was 5 months pregnant. Plus her stunt double will do her fighting scenes so it shouldn't be a problem. She'll already give birth during the retake/reshooting part

Sorry if repost:

http://collider.com/sylvester-stallone-expendables-3-interview/

Question: "Are you going to do the shot in the movie like The Avengers where you pan around the entire crew? And when you do it, who gets the be The Hulk and scream into the camera?"

Sylvester Stallone: "Randy’s the hulk – he’s the toughest guy – no question about that. But we’ve got some surprises for you for sure."

That's cool for diehards and people super excited about the movie, but my immediate thought was "big deal, it's her set chair." I don't see why he tweeted that. "I'm going to get in trouble for this." - Why? cause it's not an approved pic from the set? Neat for fans I suppose.
And that's good enough reason. The rest is unnecessary information.

I hope The Algorithm and Ultron aren't connected, at least directly. I thought The Algorithm was really a bit much and hard to swallow in WINTER SOLDIER. Just kind of silly.

I don't think they need to connect it anyway, since they have separate films to explore separate ideas (Zola need not be connected to Ultron, either beyond the basic concept of transmitted intelligence, etc).

You do realize don't you.....that you are posting this on an internet site designed for the fans of comic book related movies....that is in a forum designed for the fans of the next AVENGERS movie....that is in a thread designed for the fans that want all the latest news on the next AVENGERS movie?

I hope The Algorithm and Ultron aren't connected, at least directly. I thought The Algorithm was really a bit much and hard to swallow in WINTER SOLDIER. Just kind of silly.

I don't think they need to connect it anyway, since they have separate films to explore separate ideas (Zola need not be connected to Ultron, either beyond the basic concept of transmitted intelligence, etc).

The Algorithm in TWS is actually relatively easy to write, it's just an extension of the idea for the algorithms they use to choose what ads to put at the right hand side of your Facebook page. What you've done and said in the past is a very realiable indicator of what you'll do in the future, from a psychological perspective. That's a very fast growing sector in the business world, for reasons you may be able to imagine.

We can question the accuracy, certainly, of the end result. Just because that guy at the little league game may try to subvert HYDRA doesn't mean he necessarily will. Then you have the whole thing about people who wouldn't rebel if HYDRA killed a bunch of people, or who would rebel if HYDRA killed their family, and people who'd be affected by those switches in threat level. That kind of algorithm sounds incredibly infeasible.

I also think it would be interesting if they use Zola's 'scan your mind into a computer' technique/routine to help create Ultron... but from reports, Zola was just a writer insert, and not something that was wanted/needed/used for the MCU as a whole.

People are assuming that Wanda would be responsible for whatever dream sequence/flashback/??? happens to Steve, but it could just as easily be Ultron. Strucker might order her to do something like that but it seems that his control of the twins won't last through much of the movie. At this point there isn't any indication that Ultron controls Wanda at any point, though I suppose that he could. However, I think that Ultron will be the cause of whatever happens, mainly because it seems that the original Human Torch/Vision is involved. (That's assuming that Bettany is playing the Torch as well as the Vision, though for all I know he could be someone else or even the real Edwin Jarvis.)

If the film keeps comic book canon and has the Torch being a comrade of Cap's from WWII, Ultron could have used what the android knew about Steve to attack/deceive him.

Very true too! Unfortunately since most of my (recent) comic book reading of Wanda focuses on House of M B.S., that's the first place my mind went. I actually like the idea of Ultron doing the mind-whammy better, since he *is* the main villain, and it would be a fantastic way of showing his animus against the rest of the team - an A.I. who is fully capable of psychologically torturing even the greatest of men.

Given all of Elizabeth Olsen's recent interviews, I'm very curious as to how Whedon and her will interpret SW's powers besides what we already know she can do.

Re. the algorithm - isn't it just really a souped-up version of the things most websites these days already do? Google, Facebook, NSA… it's basically, like, cookies/government monitoring on steroids, which was kind of the whole point of the movie LOL! Not some sci-fi mumbo jumbo. That's how I thought it did a really good job of grounding that whole plot line.
It takes information about US citizens already in records everywhere and extrapolates from that the possibility of those people gaining some sort of special ability that could be used to subvert SHI-DRA…

Last edited:
You do realize don't you.....that you are posting this on an internet site designed for the fans of comic book related movies....that is in a forum designed for the fans of the next AVENGERS movie....that is in a thread designed for the fans that want all the latest news on the next AVENGERS movie?

This is exactly what I'm saying hahaha

Re. the algorithm - isn't it just really a souped-up version of the things most websites these days already do? Google, Facebook, NSA… it's basically, like, cookies/government monitoring on steroids, which was kind of the whole point of the movie LOL! Not some sci-fi mumbo jumbo. That's how I thought it did a really good job of grounding that whole plot line.
It takes information about US citizens already in records everywhere and extrapolates from that the possibility of those people gaining some sort of special ability that could be used to subvert SHI-DRA…

Yep its basically evil NSA meets Minority Report. Pretty plausible and scary. In reality they would just throw you in a prison.

Last edited:
Saw this on IGN.

original.jpg

^^ HAHA

Ultron shows up.

ULTRON: *bzzzt* Bring it on Avengers!

Cap (looks around): Wheres Spider Ma-.......Spidey? Spidey where are ya?!

Spidey (on roof): I....gotta do...SOME LAUNDRY!

Cap: Get down here!

Spidey: NO! Dont Want To!

Iron Man: You webheaded *****E!

HULK: Puny Parker.

Last edited:
I wonder how big a role ScarJo's set chair is going to have in the movie? Man that picture has really gotten me excited for this movie!!!!!!11!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!

SET CHAIR!! SET CHAIR!! (chant along, everybody) SET CHAIR!! SET CHAIR!! SET CHAIR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"