The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - Part 16

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

First of all, it's not like they're shooting at a gigantic film studio with their own sets made or anything.

Second, Faraci seldom if ever randomly posts BS for traffic, and considering the fact he did not make an article proclaiming it and hid the nugget in something completely separate from it, that accusation doesn't even make sense.

2. TheVision

TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Well, I hope its true, would love to see Wakanda and Black Panther in the movie. They can easily have a Wakanda set at the studio and w/ all the great CGI they can do these days, they could create most of it on the computer.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

It was really Drew McWeeny of HitFix who first said Wakanda would be in AOU. Also, Johannesburg, which will appear as itself in AOU, was not the only South African filming location. And Marvel's documentary-special actually showed Joss Whedon behind the camera in South Africa.

4. TheVision

The cameras couldve filmed South Africas jungle area for CGI rendering. Remember how they did the NYC buildings in A1?

5. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

I had forgotten that McWeeny mentioned Wakanda in AOU. He has a lot more credibility than Faraci.

And I think I need to watch Assembling the Universe again to see Joss in South Africa because all I remember reading was that it was second unit shooting.

6. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Well-Known Member

I watch assembling a universe one a week, amazing what ms has accomplished

7. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Imagine where they could be 10 years from now. :word:

8. Kurne

Kurne Well-Known Member

Assembling A Universe should be back during Phase Three, especially after Ant-Man and Doc Strange.

9. The Ironstar

The Ironstar Well-Known Member

:highfive: :mag

[YT]VALaI9HpmUw[/YT]

10. TheVision

I rewatched Incredible Hulk (2008) last night, my fav big screen standalone version of the character so far. you can see SHIELD (HYDRA) monitoring people on computer (like Bruce, Rick Jones etc) as well as doing the experiments with the super soldier serum. Theres even a similar kind of secret data stick used like the one in TWS. It actually ties in pretty nicely to whats going on now. It makes you realize that HYDRA has all the info and resources created by Erskine, Banner, Sterns, Selvig etc, so its no wonder theyll be creating super villains/expanding the universe even more.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  11. Dr. Evil

I understand her impact, but I don't think we'll see Kamala Khan on screen until probably at the end of Phase 4 or the start of Phase 5 at the earliest. If her comic book takes off big time though, I think it would make for an interesting live action TV series on the Disney Channel.

When people think Ms. Marvel will be in the MCU, it's Carol Danvers.

12. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

[​IMG]

13. TalismanRing

TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Whedon could be a real mensch and give me my favorite bit from Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Steve & Tony

[YT]5T81GSz9oDE[/YT]

Edit: Thanks for the tip, Silvermoon. :)

14. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Here, when you use the YT tags, you only need to put the part after the v= in between the tags. So in this case it would be the 5T81GSz9oDE

15. starkresilient

starkresilient Well-Known Member

I truly enjoyed EMH. I am looking forward to their interactions in Avengers Tower and we saw Tony was building them their own place at the end of Avengers. I hope we get some fun scenes before Ulron rips everyone apart

16. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member

Avengers Tower is what excites me the most. Can't wait to see the Avengers interact as a daily group.

17. TheVision

Watching The Avengers again and something came to light I didnt pick up on/connect before. When Tony and Bruce are talking about the creature in the lab and Tony implies it saved Bruce's life. Bruce replies: For what? Tony says: I guess we'll find out...

[YT]rXXrXyvNtcg[/YT]

18. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Right, but while he's been to war, and has that mental impact, he was still frozen for 70 years. His brain wasn't "aging", in the sense that it was processing a lifetime of experiences during that period of time.

"Out of time", certainly, but "old mentally"? Not so much.

19. TheVision

True he doesnt have those 70 years of mental information. I think I meant old as in a mind more in tune with the olden days when he was growing up etc. whatever way we spin this discussion, the fact is Cap is older in spirit than the others because he was born 7 decades earlier. Thats his unique dynamic within the group. You can see it in certain scenes that hes almost like an old guy in a young mans body. I think even Steve considers himself older than the others even though he looks young.

The "Son, just don't" comment when he gets on the jet in Avengers for instance

20. yllum

yllum Well-Known Member

yup I agree with you. basically steve is someone from the 40s who is trapped in that young body of his and living in the current world

he has a strong moral code and his thinking is very old fashioned. i would not call him metally old, he just thinks like how a man in the 40s would have thought. hence the "man out of time" relevance.

21. Shikamaru

One of the things I give the MCU huge props for is not making Steve an old Conservative jack*** at heart. I hate when people assume/write him as waking up in the 21st century and hating technology, being surprised women/homosexuals have rights, having the "'Murica" mentality, etc. But as TWS showed (as well as the other films), he's really a chill guy. He even has that comment at the beginning about how more efficient researching is now due to the internet.

22. TheVision

Yes! Steve/Captain America in the MCU is a true American Patriot. Hes just a cool regular joe from Brooklyn New Yawk, not a super macho, jarheaded, ultra right wing, gun loving *****e. If he was I wouldnt be as big a fan.

23. Dr. Evil

Plus Evans said that Cap is a fast learner and quick study when it comes to handling computers and cellphones.

24. Chance Jackson

Chance Jackson Well-Known Member

Ultimate stark from Ultimate 1 and 2 is a lot like the one RDJ plays but more of a functioning alcoholic

25. Shikamaru

I think all future recasts will boil down to the following question: To what extent will the new actor be allowed to put his own spin on the character?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.