Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read rumors from that site before that turned out to not be true.

The only interesting part of that post is that the writer claims to have a Disney source that supposedly confirmed fan spec about the plot of AoU.

As in the fact
that Jarvis becomes Ultron?

Haha, it's fun to think about I guess but you know as well as I do that he's gonna be right in the middle of the big third act action scene in a spiffy new Ultron-proof armor :oldrazz:

Or... he goes back to the very basic, and put on the Mark I or II, some armor that Ultron cannot penetrate, via the AI interface.

Especially if the rumors today are true and JARVIS actually becomes Ultron. :oldrazz:

Or... he goes back to the very basic, and put on the Mark I or II, some armor that Ultron cannot penetrate, via the AI interface.

Especially if the rumors today are true and JARVIS actually becomes Ultron. :oldrazz:

He will probably use Mark I since it doesn't require an A.I to run it. Mark II needs Jarvis, so that's not an option.:woot:

He will probably use Mark I since it doesn't require an A.I to run it. Mark II needs Jarvis, so that's not an option.:woot:

How can he use the Mark I since he blew all of his Armors up.

Not sure I want Jarvis to become the big bad but it would fit.

Yeah i dont really care to see jarvis turn evil but it would work story wise

I wonder how they would even explain Jarvis turning into Ultron. Are we talking about Jarvis being corrupted by Extremis, Thanos messing things up covertly, HYDRA, AIM, the possibilities are endless.

So I finally saw the image leaked from the SDCC trailer, and It looks a lot like this panel :

comic_age_of_ultron_animated_promo.jpg

How can he use the Mark I since he blew all of his Armors up.

He didn't blow up the blueprints. It's reasonable to assume he can rebuild any armor he ever created not only from existing blueprints, but also from memory. He created the Mark I IN A CAVE!!! WITH SCRAPS!!!! :oldrazz: And then proceeded to create about 40 brand new armors in the fevered span of just a few months.

I wonder how they would even explain Jarvis turning into Ultron. Are we talking about Jarvis being corrupted by Extremis, Thanos messing things up covertly, HYDRA, AIM, the possibilities are endless.

Exactly right. People are too quick to go for the obvious route (Tony Stark creates Ultron, Jarvis turns into evil Ultron, etc.), and Joss Whedon is *not* the kind of guy who does that. These quotes about "the Avengers creating Ultron" and Stark having a hand in it and Jarvis "becoming" Ultron are just as likely to refer to indirect involvement, and they'd still be accurate statements. Tony Stark doesn't have to turn into Dr. Frankenstein, nor Jarvis into HAL9000 to make this work.

Someone or something else can still be the ultimate source and creator of Ultron, and Ultron just uses Stark and/or Jarvis as an outlet. As I keep saying (again and again and again, but nobody listens), Ultron did *just that* in the Mighty Avengers arc by taking over Stark's cyborg Extremis armor, effectively making Jarvis and Tony his *****. (Literally.)

Iron Man retires, Government picks up the pieces left from the " Clean Slate" explosions, creates Ultron thinking it would be better than Super Soldier program, but Ultron turns against humanity

There would be a natural progression for Jarvis to evolve into a villainous artificial intelligence, especially when one considers the subplot of IM3: the fear/use of automated Iron Man suits. My question, however, is that if they give him a physical body, how are they going to make him indestructible? Since adamantium is owned by Fox, they would be hard pressed to make him withstand the accumulated firepower of the team (which made him terrifying in Avengers: EMH.)

Vibranium? Like Cap's shield

I also think that it will be Vibranium, and it makes more sense than Adamantium. Cap's shield has already displayed durability against Thor's Majolnir's strike, and probably will withstand Hulk's fist as well as other forms of attack. It will make Ultron virtually indestructible. Also, since Cap got his shield from SHIELD, it is reasonable to assume that they'd have more somewhere, and Ultron can build itself a new body so it can have what it takes to destroy the Avengers.

I also think that it will be Vibranium, and it makes more sense than Adamantium. Cap's shield has already displayed durability against Thor's Majolnir's strike, and probably will withstand Hulk's fist as well as other forms of attack. It will make Ultron virtually indestructible. Also, since Cap got his shield from SHIELD, it is reasonable to assume that they'd have more somewhere, and Ultron can build itself a new body so it can have what it takes to destroy the Avengers.

Makes sense. Except I think they'd have to get more from Wakanda.

There was that rumor a few months ago that they're scouting locations in South Africa for AoU (not known by that title back then), which inevitably points to Wakanda. I agree that it's highly likely that Ultron will be constructed of vibranium.

I still think that Ultron has been SHIELD's plan all along, and that the Phase 2 mentioned in Avengers wasn't really confined to Cube-powered weapons, but a Cube-powered government-controlled AI with JARVIS/Mark VII as the blueprint (since it was kept on the Helicarrier).

Just a shame we lose Jarvis if this happens. :csad:

But it fits better than any new AI that we don't yet know turning evil, especially if no Ant Man.

Exactly. But I think it will play a part in this movie.

QS and SW are brought in secretly by the WSC to go to Wakanda and retrieve some vibranium for Project Code Name: Ultron.

This gets you the eventual turn from antagonist to protagonist for the twins, Avengers assembling to fight them, battle in Wakanda, losing to the unexpected abilities of SW, furthering of the concept of the Avengers creating Ultron, ties with AIM and WSC (Redford...?)... Lots of potential for growth.

If Ultron ends up being made of Vibranium it will eventually lead to this guy as part of Phase 3:

black-panther-movie-image.jpg

Cap's Shield, Falcon's Wings, and maybe Ultron made of Vibranium? And the possibility of some of the Avengers going to Wakanda to retrieve the Vibranium?

Yeah, he'll get his own movie. Can't have the Avengers going to Wakanda and not have their king.

If a Black actor has been cast in this film and he's not Ultron and signs a multi film contract, then we know who it is going to be, especially if part of the plot calls for SW and QS to go to Wakanda to retrieve some more Vibranium.

Last edited:
It will be SO interesting to see how this "I Am Iron Man" motif plays out with Ultron or whatever. I highly doubt Tony Stark will make anything that he's already made. If he makes a non-AI suit now, using something other than scraps... it should/could be pretty awesome (especially if it's all gold!)

Exactly right. People are too quick to go for the obvious route (Tony Stark creates Ultron, Jarvis turns into evil Ultron, etc.), and Joss Whedon is *not* the kind of guy who does that. These quotes about "the Avengers creating Ultron" and Stark having a hand in it and Jarvis "becoming" Ultron are just as likely to refer to indirect involvement, and they'd still be accurate statements. Tony Stark doesn't have to turn into Dr. Frankenstein, nor Jarvis into HAL9000 to make this work.

You're overcomplicating it. The Avengers create Ultron. It's that simple. Joss is not some cryptic speaker who refuses to do things that have been done before. What makes Tony Stark not Frankenstien is that Ultron is created by the Avengers... it's a team effort, it's personal to all of them. ((Side note: That is SO much better than one person being the creator, and thus, bearing all the emotional relevance during the climax of a film that's supposed to be a team thing.)) And JARVIS has already been HAL9000 in IM3... now it's time to take it a step further, which will be awesome.

If Ultron ends up being made of Vibranium it will eventually lead to this guy as part of Phase 3:

Cap's Shield, Falcon's Wings, and maybe Ultron made of Vibranium? And the possibility of some of the Avengers going to Wakanda to retrieve the Vibranium?

Yeah, he'll get his own movie. Can't have the Avengers going to Wakanda and not have their king.

If a Black actor has been cast in this film and he's not Ultron and signs a multi film contract, then we know who it is going to be, especially if part of the plot calls for SW and QS to go to Wakanda to retrieve some more Vibranium.

Could be an interesting cameo. I don't see them saddling a Black Panther film director with a main actor that they have no influence in casting. I suspect, if we see a Black Panther, it will be T'Chaka... it's also possible that he might die here, which would be weird going forward as well.

Now... if Whedon has actual plans for T'Challa and is going to make him an "Avengers character" like Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, then, hey, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"