The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 6

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord

Lord All Mighty

From what i'm hearing in his interviews and his track record on the 2nd season of Buffy i'm hoping Age of Ultron is amazing, wasn't a big fan of the first Avengers film, felt a little hollow to me, if that makes sence.

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

What didn't you like about it??:woot:

3. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

I think I've said it before, but here goes:

I hope Joss shoots "Age of Ultron" in 2.35:1, rather than the 1.78:1 ratio like he did with "The Avengers." I know it was a personal choice, but it didn't feel consistent with the other MCU films (which were shot in scope). And the reasons he gave for that were kinda lame.

4. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I honestly didn't notice.

What were his reasons, by the by?

5. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

http://www.arri.com/news.html?article=950&cHash=6adfecc263fdc3b7765b4e2f93a73f81

6. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Eh, at least he gave an explained reason as opposed to "it just looks cool." If it was in the comics the panel would be all ****ed up or they would be taller or shorter than they really are.

7. The Question

Sounds reasonable to me.

8. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

Coulson has been in the comics for a long time

He is Vision

Phil Coulson

Phison = Vision

:oldrazz:

9. The Ironstar

The Ironstar Well-Known Member

Too bad I can't post that Jay-Z vid here. :cwink:

10. Green Goblin

I wonder how QS and SW will factor in this movie.

11. AvengerPA

AvengerPA Well-Known Member

I think they will fight the Avengers the first time they meet, and then join the team later. I think SW will be potrayed as Ultron's opposite, and will also be his Kryptonite in the end.

12. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

yes. and he, for some strange reason, is wearing a suit instead of a S.H.I.E.L.D uniform. it was really stupid.

13. gurkle2

gurkle2 Member

Since Millar's Ultimates (not Ultimates 3, that never happened) provides some inspiration for the movies, I think they might be something like they were in that book, a couple of aloof superpowered twins who have been pressed into service by S.H.I.E.L.D. in exchange for the release of political prisoners. Millar was the first writer since the '60s to really spend much time portraying them as a team, and as a couple of young Europeans who don't have a lot in common with their teammates at first.

Wanda is Ultron's Kryptonite in the comics but for that reason the writers usually try not to let her be the one who destroys him (because it's too easy that way). Probably they'll figure out some way to let everyone take their shots, or each one take out an Ultron-created robot or something.

14. Just_Human

OMG QS and SW were in Iron Man 1 ! :wow:

Plus the girl is wearing red ... like Wanda !!!!

:whatever:

[​IMG]

15. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

His ice cream is gone because he ate it at superspeed...thus proving your theory true.

16. Just_Human

lol

17. HunBoy

HunBoy Captain Hungary

The ice cream is fall. No "ate it at superspeed." In my opinion these 2 children is too young.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  18. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

They were joking. It's hard to tell, I know. :dry:

19. HunBoy

HunBoy Captain Hungary

Dummy-> Ultron (Stark was never very kind to Dummy, so it probably has a lot of pent up hostility. Plus, Dummy is the only piece of hardware that Stark salvages at the end of Iron Man 3)

James Spader- > Voice of Ultron

Problem? :D

[​IMG]

20. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

^ cool stuff hehe :)

Yup I think so too :)

21. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

22. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Or she got greedy and hexed hers back. :woot:

23. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Heh, i doubt many posters will take it seriously but i found it a little uneventfull most of the time, during the city battle i didn't ever feel like there was any real danger to our heroes, if you want a comparison that will probably make any of my statements not be taken seriously then here goes:

One year before it Transformers 3 had just shown a similar battle in a big city which i think was better done and showed consequences better, even if the film itself wasn't as better written. While i'm glad they paid homenage to the first comic i also found the villain (Loki) very weak, and from what i see i'm not the only one who thinks that, and i remember reading a review saying he was the weakest part of the film.

Then again i also see he has a lot of fans, the look of the film itself also seemed very generic, while i liked the dialogue i never found anything in the directing to be particularly creative or interesting.

I also thought that for half the film there wasn't really any plot (this However doesn't make it bad, but in this particular case i didn't think they went through an interesting enough direction) and the mind control of Hawkeye felt a little too cheesy for my taste, it's not that i'm a fan of the character, but the way it worked just didn't make that much sence, they were being controled yet had individual thoughts of their oun? When i watched the end of Thor i thought Selving's entire body was sort of possessed by Loki.

Many of these are probable perceived by fans as nitpicking but overall i don't think the film was anything special besides the event behind it.

24. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I do agree about not showing any real danger. They did show the after math of the battle and acknowledged. I thought that was cool but nonetheless it's your opinion, I hope you can enjoy A:AOU more :D

25. The Question

Why doesn't that make sense? It's not like mind control is a think that really exists and we know how it works. I took that to mean that Loki's brand of mind control wasn't Loki actually dictating their actions step by step, but altering their personalities to make them unquestioningly loyal to him. In fact, from a plot standpoint it makes more sense because if they didn't have the capacity for independent thought then Loki wouldn't be able to make use of their skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.