The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 6

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afan

afan Well-Known Member

Chills.........

2. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I don't hate comics. Come on, man. I'm a regular on a comic book movie forum.

No.

I don't think so, but like I said, I'm aware that you guys prefer it.

3. Steyin

Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

That teaser wasn't in HD, and honestly, its very underwhelming compared to what I had imagined in my head.

4. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

You have to adjust your expectations knowing the use of hyperbole on these types of sights. Example, two posts above yours.

5. BobJM

BobJM Who's Bad?

That was cool and all, but Summer 2015 is too far away for me to get excited now.

We've got too many movies coming out before then that I'm psyched on first lol

6. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I must say, compared to all the variations of Ultron's face we've gotten over the years, here, he really, really looks like, exactly like this

I mean, the eyes especially, same angle of triangle, even has the segmented part above his eyes. Could this statue have influenced his look?

[​IMG]

7. Norrin Parker

Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

He looks so perfect!

8. The Ironstar

The Ironstar Well-Known Member

9. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Call me crazy, but if I were doing Age of Ultron, I would make Ultron a threat that the main team, not including Pietro and Wanda, can't handle alone. And I would, in turn, introduce a team of "New Avengers" consisting of Pietro, Wanda, Winter Soldier, Falcon, and War Machine (As well as, in a perfect world, Spidey :oldrazz:).

No one other than Pietro and Wanda would appear outside of the third act, and they would really serve as a reminder that the team of Avengers from the first film aren't the only heroes out there who could, and would, help in a global crisis such as one Ultron will cause, and it would serve as a precedent for an even wider spread gathering of heroes than that in Avengers 1 that will be needed in the future (the kind that will be needed to stop Thanos).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  10. jaqua99

^ Maybe.

This is a bit unrelated to Ultron, and more related to SHIELD and the MCU. But I just had a little moment. I think Fury/SHIELD knows A LOT more about aliens, and races, and stuff than we do/think they know. Think about it for a second.

Who do we suppose to be older, Thanos and The Other? Or SHIELD, or Schmidt? Shield is no more than 65 years old.

My point, is that The Other, and presumably Thanos, refereed to the cube as the tesseract. These two ancient beings. SO why is it people of Earth are able to call it the same thing, the tesseract, instead of coming up with some earthly name for it (which is what would probably happen)

My guess is that Shield may have had some info on some things going on in space. Because how would the people of earth know this ancient artifacts name? "His secrets have secrets". Maybe I am thinking too much into it, and it could simply be a name, but I don't know.

11. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Tesseract is an earthly name.

12. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I think the movie is getting crowded by just introducing Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver so I wouldn't want any other heroes involved. They won't be used well and just take away time for the Avengers to shine, and people wanted more from some of them already in the first movie.

13. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

I think the Avengers series will be almost an ongoing thing a la James Bond, where every movie sees the roster rotated. There won't be any numbered subtitles.

14. kosh33

kosh33 MCU Fanatic

i was watching ironman 3 on a recent flight, and happy hogun was mentioning someplace (NASA?) having replaced all the staff with robots.. an early ultron reference?
    also he wanted to change all the staff at stark industries with robots

15. jaqua99

Completely not the point. The point I am making, is that The Other, a being who is probably at least 1,000 years old, referred to it as "The Tesseract". I don't think he called it that just because the humans call it that. According to The Other, and Thanos, the cube is called the tesseract, and due to their age, it has been called that for a long time.
    So, again, how people of earth learn the "correct" name of it?

16. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

eh you just gotta go with it. These are aliens from another dimension who just so happen to speak perfect english too

17. jaqua99

No, that's not the point I'm making lol. It's not a complaint. I'm saying that human beings, specifically people of shield, are calling it the same name. So does that mean that SHIELD may have more info on alien races than what we think so far? And could it ultimately lead to SWORD?

18. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

i just think you're reading too far into it. The Tesseract was titled as such in the MCU lore of Asgardian mythology... thus how Red Skull knew about it... thus how the rest of earth knew about it

19. TheFBI

TheFBI Well-Known Member

I'm sure the info got "passed down" Thanos/Odin --> Early Norse--> Cosmic Cube legend-->Red Skull-->HYDRA/SSR-->SHIELD

20. jaqua99

^ That's generally what I figured what happened, if SHIELD doesn't have all that info.

Back to Age of Ultron, when do we think we'll hear from Spader? I am really anticipating an interview.

21. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Whedon talks A:AoU:

And then later...

This gets me excited.

22. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

You'll never see a better teaser in your life. Watching it was a transcendent experience :cmad:

23. ThePowerCosmic

Posting the teaser in HD

[YT]Jr5rzSMNmRM[/YT]

24. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

At the beginning of CATFA, Schmidt told the elderly man hiding the Tesseract that it was the jewel of Odin's treasure room. The Asgardians had visited Earth -- in fact, Tonsberg, Norway where the Cube was found -- and obviously told people there somethings about the artifact that were passed down along with it. The cube's name (tesseract) was known because humans had been told it.

Additionally, the word tesseract is a geometrical term for a 4-dimensional hypercube. Which is (sort of) what the Tesseract in the MCU is, except that it's also a receptacle for energy from outside this universe.

25. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

So essentially Giant Size X-Men 1!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.