The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 6

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

Oh boy I would love to see this in the movie

[​IMG]

2. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I'd rather T'chaka die in the BP movie at the hands of Klaw or some other villain. I don't see much of a plot for a BP movie outside of T'Challa trying to get revenge.

3. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

Agreed, Wakanda could very easily be a stop in a larger story, and Black Panther could appear in some limited fashion, but it's a character with a lot of elements, and so introducing them all without dramatically depowering/limiting them, and then giving all those things value leads to the character dominating what should be a teamup movie. Or you could play him as a mysterious character, whose abilities and motivations aren't expected to be explained, in which case he's best served by limited screentime. He's just a bad character to introduce in a team up movie because he's not just a king of a cool country Wakanda, which demands a few explanations itself, but Black Panther's a master tactician and martial artist with superhuman physicality, senses and agility, and a host of weapons all made with a special unique metal with unique properties (ableit, that part actually plays into the storyline), including unprecedented electronics and vehicles and he has an attitude of regality and a certain type of arrogance that the audience is supposed to respect and empathize with instead of look at him as a spoiled brat who has it easy. Or you could remove some of those things and have sort of a limited short form Panther, that could work, but I wouldn't prefer that.

T'Challa is just a bad character to introduce in Avengers. There's too much going on, even if you get the character on site, making the character what he is at the same of ingratiating him with the audience takes time, time that an Avengers film just can't afford.

And there are white people who do care. And black people who care that there are no Asians or Latinos on the team, and all manner of race caring/not caring combos. The point is, something small, when done well, can become incredibly awesome, especially in art. It not being a "problem" sounds like a kind of 'good enough' attitude that prevents improvement.

4. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Why wouldn't War Machine or Falcon be popular options? If you're talking about in the online fanboy community maybe they wouldn't be, for reasons I cannot fathom since both are longtime Avengers. But Marvel has to consider fans of the MCU as a whole, not just hardcore geeks. War Machine has co-starred in two Iron Man films that cleared $1.9 billion worldwide; Falcon is going to figure prominently in CATWS. Both have been Avengers in the comics. Adding one or both would be a logical move somewhere down the line.

I honestly do not understand the online fan community sometimes. Most agree that Marvel should add minorities and women to its films, but when it does those particular characters aren't what a lot of fans want. Marvel includes Black Widow in TA? People start agitating to kill her off or get rid of her because they want some other female. War Machine and Falcon are added to the MCU? Well, don't put them in the Avengers because there are other Black heroes fans like more. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense and it's ****ing annoying.

5. Wine-N-Cheese

Wine-N-Cheese Well-Known Member

Isn't Sam going to be affiliated with SHIELD for The Winter Soldier? That should make it really easy to introduce him into the Avengers movies.

6. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Bravo. :yay:

General audiences could care less about fanboy opinions on CBMs, and usually know diddlysquat about what's canon or not. They just know that War Machine and Falcon are featured prominently (allegedly, for Falcon; but it's a safe bet) in the movies; both are superheroes; both are played by prominent actors; and if you leave either or both out of a team of superheroes, knowing full well their superpowers could be extremely useful to the Avengers, it comes off as blatantly racist. What, only white people are allowed to join? That would be the perception from movie critics and general audiences. Not to mention the fictional general consensus within the movie universe itself.

Kinda sorta. Sam is a military officer who works at the VA Hospital in CATWS. He tags along with Cap and Widow, but it remains to be seen if he'll officially join SHIELD. But it's worth noting that SHIELD doesn't have anything to do with the future of the Avengers ---- they're an independent organization that doesn't answer to Nick Fury or any government agency.

7. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

BP > War Machine and Falcon
    Capt. Marvel > BW

It's not hard to understand when you look at it that way. I'd much rather have better characters on the team than just the ones who are most convenient to add.

8. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I only want the best characters to be added to the permanent core team while others can come in and be part time members.

9. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

WM, Falcon and Widow already exist in the MCU and will be very familiar to audiences, and so far have been popular with general audiences. T'Challa and Carol, if and when they're introduced, are still unknown quantities in every sense of the word. Why wait around for "better" (allegedly) superheroes to get called up when you've already got these on deck or in the batter's box? Play 'em, coach.

10. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Maybe I'm missing the GA clamoring for more Falcon (how is that possible?) and WM. Could be, but I haven't seen those sentiments out in the wild. I still hold that you go for better over what's more convenient.

And for the record, I'm not saying that Widow should go. I think you should add BP and Danvers ahead of WM and Falcon. They're more powerful and more interesting, which trumps familiar any day of the week. It won't take long for people to fall in love with them.

11. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

James Spader is Ultron.

Straight from Marvel:
    http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/exclusive_avengers_age_of_ultron_casts_james_spader_as_the_films_legendary_villain

Totally out of left field as usual. He certainly has the voice for it.

12. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

I dig James Spader. I think he'll do a fine job as Ultron

13. Compi716

Compi716 The SHH! Jew

14. Bren

Bren Forevernoob

James Spader-voice is evil version of Paul Bettany-voice :D

15. SpocksBrain

SpocksBrain Internet Geek

He's a great actor and has a great voice for this.

Good choice Marvel!

16. ThePowerCosmic

Ultron's voice is going to sound deliciously evil, as it should. Spader has a way of speaking that sounds sinister and villainous.

17. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

. Haha shocker?

18. HunBoy

HunBoy Captain Hungary

Spultron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Batfleck :D

19. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Is no one else going to do this? Alright....

My Spader-Sense is tingling!

(Props to you, Rick Jones. )

20. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Lol.

Well assuming this means we keep Jarvis then I'm happy about that & hopefully this guy can do a good job.

21. NickNitro

NickNitro Extra Terrestrial

Jesus I honestly can see him as Ultron as I keep reading the comments.....it is unreal how amazing the casting crew is over at Disney/Marvel.....

22. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Could I get one too?

23. redhawk23

redhawk23 Wrestlin'

30 years later and Spader is still making RDJ's life hell huh?

24. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised to see a scene where Ultron infiltrates Stark Tower and verbally squares off a little with JARVIS, until ultimately disabling him and taking over the system-- like Stark's two "sons" meeting. I dunno, seems like something that could happen.

25. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I too would be pleased with Spader and Bettany squaring off. Just thinking about Joss' writing for a scene like that is exciting..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.