The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 6

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

THAT is Friggin COOL!!!!!!

PLOTZ

2. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Still waiting to see what's on the IM3 DVD of TDW. :D

3. ThePowerCosmic

It is cool. I swear this got me even more pumped for AoU. Well, this and the new SHIELD show. Ultron should be incredible.

4. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'm wondering if there will be alittle over flow of Ultron into SHIELD, like some kind of computer glitch in an inopportune time?

5. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

Wouldnt that mean Ultron already existed?
    We dont know that he has been created yet.

6. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I guess we'll have to wait and see what pops up in Thor and Cap.

EDIT we don't really know that Tony didn't already start working on the AI for Ultron BEFORE IM3 and it get's released that way

7. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

Nice catch !

If they use that pic as a source material, then there is a good chance his body will look like that too

8. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

The impression I got from Whedon in the Comic Con interview was that they were going to redesign Ultron somewhat.

Whedon poked fun at Ultron's fixed "screaming" face.

9. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

We don't know that Tony Stark has anything to do with the creation of Ultron. He might very well just be a victim of it instead of a creator of it.

And I think that the theory that this teaser shows Ultron being "forged" out of the Iron Man helmet has actually been disproven. Iron Man's helmet isn't being "forged" or "re-forged" --- it's being *attacked.* There's actual blades ripping through it, tearing it apart. That's not how you re-forge metal.....if forging was going to be the takeaway from this teaser, it would show the helmet being beaten, hammered, melted down and reshaped, *not* ripped apart with blades.

10. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

idk about that. But all i got from it, was that Ultron has a new origin, and I am sure there won't be just one person responsible.

11. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

How could a teaser with so little be getting me so excited?! Marvel's execution is perfect, I wonder what this origin of Ultron will be?

12. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

I'm guessing The Winter Soldier will set things in motion for Ultron?

13. KnightGambit

KnightGambit Well-Known Member

Had an interesting convo on thee ole Twitter....

What if the person Whedon kills off is Pepper? Yes Paltrow has said she isnt in The Avengers 2 but she might not even know that shes in the story. I mean the main cast doesnt even no the story yet either?

This would definitely lead to a hardcore drinking Tony for The Avengers 3....and that would make Cap kick him off the team. Also would run up Robert Downey Jr's Contract

14. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

See this all but confirms Stark is responsible for the creation of Ultron instead of Hank Pym.

15. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

is JARVIS still going to be Ultron?

16. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

"Still"? We never knew in the first place. And still don't.

17. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Does anyone know which film Thor was quoted on saying..."After all this time, why return?"...

I can't seem to remember which film he said that in.

18. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

This really annoys me. However, as King of the Nerds is going to be directing it, I think it will be well executed.

19. Nathan

Nathan ...

I still hope they somehow work Pym's involvement into it. I think it makes sense that Stark would probably be heavily involved. After all, he created amazing suits that could even function on their own and he's created an amazing AI in Jarvis. But I hope he finds some old work of Pym, that allows him to truly create self-aware artificial intelligence.

20. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Why does that matter?

21. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

I agree with Nathan.

Why make an Ant-Man movie after just introducing Ultron. You don´t simply bring in Pym just after having Ultron if they aren´t connected.

I think Dr Henry Pym created Ultron a long time ago. Ultron tries to escape but is limited by the technology cause Pym is still so far ahead of his time. Every time Ultron tries something Pym is there to stop him as well. Tony on the other hand... "I am awesome and It´s done by me so it can´t be bad" and he has the resources and the brain to evolve Ultron. Stark is perfect for Ultron. He can exploit his ignorance, brain and resources to accomplish his ultimate goal.

The thing is, if Ultron can change the events leading to Tony making him, then he should already be powerful enough and not need Stark. This is why I think it´s all connected to the timegem somehow.

I´m a huge Thanos fanboy and Ultron is top 5 so naturally I come with these very strange ideas. One thing I´ve thought about is the title tho. Age of Ultron. Why is it his age? I think it´s more about Ultron messing with phase 2 to make it his age.

22. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

We have no idea if he was or wasn't.

But if the synopsis listed on IMDB is any indication:

And the casting call description is legit:

Then no, JARVIS will NOT be Ultron. But, Stark will have had a big hand in Ultron's creation (Odds are that the technology used create JARVIS will have been used to create Ultron). Though, the same could be said for Hank Pym (Perhaps being a key contributor to the create of the technology, but not necessarily Ultron).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  23. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Jarvis isn´t going to be Ultron, agreed. They could swing Jarvis becomming Vision tho.

24. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

I definitely think Pym will have a hand in creating Ultron. Though, I think that they'll establish that Pym, as well as Stark, were responsible for creating the technology, and in his pre Iron Man days, Stark repurposed the tech to create Ultron, but eventually put it on ice for some unknown reason.

25. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, no. Re-posting, from five posts above yours:

The teaser suggests that Iron Man is the *vessel* for Ultron's arrival, *not* that Stark creates him. I strongly, strongly suggest that people read Bendis' Mighty Avengers from a few years back, particularly the story arc that featured Ultron taking over Iron Man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.