Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we already have.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Benicio del Toro signs on for multiple pictures to be The Collector. Totally plausible, but...kind of weird. The Collector is sort of an odd choice to thread between MCU movies.

But what if he's only a "collector" INO. Who else collects things? Freaking THANOS. Shiny things that look like gems. And he's definitely needed in multiple MCU movies, unlike The Collector.

*takes off tinfoil hat*

:awesome::word::dry:

I'm with you on this one. Ronan, Nebula and Gamora (initially) have been named by Feige as the main villains in Guardians, with Thanos "lurking above it all". No mention so far regarding Del Toro's Collector, who has either been cast in a minor role or involved in some misdirection by the studio. The Mad Titan seem to be a much more appropriate role for an actor of Del Toro's stature than an elderly man with a hoarding problem.

WTF is this?

It's Ultron.:woot:
[/SPOILER]

Marvel tag.....real!?!?!?!? holy holy crap what a great line though!

It's a fan-made poster. Pretty cool.

Obvious fake.

nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif

looks like a terminator and a transformer manipped together.

I'm with you on this one. Ronan, Nebula and Gamora (initially) have been named by Feige as the main villains in Guardians, with Thanos "lurking above it all". No mention so far regarding Del Toro's Collector, who has either been cast in a minor role or involved in some misdirection by the studio. The Mad Titan seem to be a much more appropriate role for an actor of Del Toro's stature than an elderly man with a hoarding problem.

Yeah, the fact that we now know some principal casting from a movie due in 2015 as opposed to casting for a major character in a movie that's currently almost ready to wrap is a pretty glaring WTF. Hell, we even know who's voicing Groot and Rocket Raccoon finally (although neither is 100%, more like 90%), but not Thanos?

And if BDT does turn out to be Thanos aka The Collector, then Lovibond would most likely be Death. All that makes more sense than a canonical Collector and Carina.

Yeah, the fact that we now know some principal casting from a movie due in 2015 as opposed to casting for a major character in a movie that's currently almost ready to wrap is a pretty glaring WTF. Hell, we even know who's voicing Groot and Rocket Raccoon finally (although neither is 100%, more like 90%), but not Thanos?

And if BDT does turn out to be Thanos aka The Collector, then Lovibond would most likely be Death. All that makes more sense than a canonical Collector and Carina.

That's my thinking as well.

Id like to see Stark et. al fighting AIM or Hydra allied with Ultron. It would be cool to see an "assembly" scene against Ultron similar to the one in TA but when the Iron Man armor lands it turns against the team and reveals that Stark isn't inside of it. Eventually Stark does come in a different suit revealing that ultron comendeered his.

I'd love Vision! He's one of the potential Avengers near the top of my list. If he was in I think he'd deliver the final blow to Ultron spmehow.

Maybe Moondragon. A final battle involving the Thanos clan and the surviving members of the Douglas family could be special.

Hmmm...even if he is legit, we still don't know exactly what he heard. For all we know, they could have been joking. That said, I do like the idea of Bettany as Vision. Though, isn't he 40-something?

What does his age matter, it will most likely be mo-cap

Hmmm...even if he is legit, we still don't know exactly what he heard. For all we know, they could have been joking. That said, I do like the idea of Bettany as Vision. Though, isn't he 40-something?

Apparently someone has never heard of mo-cap. :dry:

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Whenever it is that Vision makes his big screen debut I hope they go the Silver Surfer of FF2 route for him. The cg/practical combo really worked and I think that'd work for him as well.

Last edited:
Whenever Vision it is that Vision makes his big screen debut I hope they go the Silver Surfer of FF2 route for him. The cg/practical combo really worked and I think that'd work for him as well.

This.

Which makes it even more weird we get Ultron casting before his. :/

didn't they say there weren't going to be any more reveals; shortly after comicon? i imagine this was done so that Spader could use it to advertise his new show. he benefits from this just as much as Marvel.

I am going to make a bold prediction.

So, we know that The Winter Soldier is the Biggest Lead in to the movie. Hell, look at Chris Evans' reaction when told about Ultron, something is up with that, no doubt about it. We know that there is a "shift at the end of the movie"

Iron man 3 ended with "Tony Stark will return" given the chaos of The Winter Soldier, I am going to say at the end of the movie (or beginning of AoU)...

Tony Stark becomes the new director of SHIELD, like in the comics.

So, we know that The Winter Soldier is the Biggest Lead in to the movie. Hell, look at Chris Evans' reaction when told about Ultron, something is up with that, no doubt about it. We know that there is a "shift at the end of the movie"

Iron man 3 ended with "Tony Stark will return" given the chaos of The Winter Soldier, I am going to say at the end of the movie (or beginning of AoU)...

While I know he was operating with his armor in the comics during his directorship of SHIELD, I think this adds a little more credence to the idea I had about him NOT using the armors in A2 at all. He's shown to have an interesting relationship with Fury in the MCU. I could see that somehow after the fallout of WS plot, Fury himself clearing the path for Tony to take over. If that happens I could totally see Joss and RDJ keeping Tony out of the armor(s) until the finale of, say, A3.

I think that's gonna happen, but in A2.

What I think happens in Cap 2, is that Ultron is activated.

And throughout Cap 2, that is what Cap, Fury, and Widow are trying to stop.

Interesting ideas. I like how Joss subtly alluded to Director of SHIELD in A1, by having Tony march onto the Helicarrier bride and start giving bogus orders as if he was in charge ("Raise the mizzenmast", "That man's playing Galaga",...).

Similar to how IM2 alludes to Tony's being Sec. of Def. "I'm not a joiner, but I'll consider Secretary of Defense, if you ask nice."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back