Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to completely misread the context of any given post there.
The question was whether or not piloting a remote-control drone was considered heroic. I said "no." Everything else Tony Stark does is well within the realm of superherodom. Why do I need to explain this to you....? :huh:

You mean Maddie and Navid? They're doing as normal as ever.
Oh wait....you're still harping on the fact that I got some speculation wrong once? Didn't realize we were keeping score here. Congratulations.....here's some more smilies you can add to your attaboys. :word::woot::yay::applaud:hehe::bow:

So....how 'bout them Chitauri I predicted for the Avengers, and the fact that I predicted that Mandarin would turn out to be a stoolie for Aldrich Killian in IM3? Got any "points" for me there, Tony Snark? Nah, didn't think so.

Pretty sure the people Stark saved from falling to their deaths would consider him a hero, and yes I need you to explain quite a lot of your posts as they rarely make sense.

I believe they'll be changing the head shape which is a bummer cause it looks great! I wish they'd keep the shape and just make the mouth move.

Well thats pretty crappy. That teaser had me hoping they were gonna do the classic ultron

Not a fan of his mouth or face moving really. His classic look is great and with an awesome & sinister robot voice it'll feel even creepier and reinforce the fact that you're listening to a machine. Emote a bit with red glow from his eyes and let voice and body carry the rest.

Plus Spader's a good actor. Tony Daniels didn't need 3P0's mouth to move either.

I guess it'd make sense that Ultron in our day and age would be more advanced, and wouldn't have a static head with a really cold and robotic voice module. But I was really looking forward to an accurate looking Ultron.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe he has the classic ultron face for part of the time. We dont exctly have a ton of info to work from.

This is all good news to me, partially because I think his facial expressions will get translated to an actual moving Ultron face (as opposed to the frozen jack-o-lantern look).

I'm a little skeptical of that. If they have a way to incorporate both Ultron's look at a performance, I'm down for that. Perhaps an amorphous metal of sorts, could be very cool. Perhaps the classic look is just Ultron's 'facemask' or whatever, that'd be cool too, but you can't just ditch that face. It's a little bit awesome.

Agreed 110% that face IS Ultron. Hate to see it changed.

No, the character is Ultron. I don't care if they change the design a bit as long as they get the personality/characterization right. This is why CB companies rarely "try anything new." Fans are so obsessed with "iconic" versions of things that they whine when people try something new.

I'm a little skeptical of that. If they have a way to incorporate both Ultron's look at a performance, I'm down for that. Perhaps an amorphous metal of sorts, could be very cool. Perhaps the classic look is just Ultron's 'facemask' or whatever, that'd be cool too, but you can't just ditch that face. It's a little bit awesome.

Agreed 110% that face IS Ultron. Hate to see it changed.

Ultron's face is probably about as iconic as Thor's helmet and look what happened there.

I understand that a lot of you like Ultron's frozen look, but I find it pretty silly. The giant grin doesn't instill much fear.

p.s. please don't paste pictures of Joker in here. I'm well aware of how he looks. Robot grins are a different story.

No, the character is Ultron. I don't care if they change the design a bit as long as they get the personality/characterization right. This is why CB companies rarely "try anything new." Fans are so obsessed with "iconic" versions of things that they whine when people try something new.

That's been my thinking for ages. I feel sorry for comic editors.

Symbolically, that appearance is Ultron. Many comic fans associate his appearance with the character. It's something than can easily be translated on screen, and to us, that appearance is iconic. Seeing these characters appear in live action on the big screen is the closest thing some of us can get to seeing our favorite comic book characters in real life. Ultron is one that would translate on screen very well. Most of us have an image of a character. This is the first time we get to see the character appear in live action, so excuse us for wanting to see, what we view, as an iconic appearance on the big screen. Ultron's appearance is almost classic, so we'd want to at least be able to physically recognize the character as Ultron. There is nothing wrong with that, however there is something wrong with labeling (no idea why I oriiginally typed subjugating) the people who feel this way in a condescending manner, which is what you've been doing.

Fans are so obsessed with "iconic" versions of things that they whine when people try something new.

And then people whine about the whining. What would you like us to talk about since you clearly want discussion of Ultron's design removed from the table?

Collector has been confirmed to appear in the thor movie, according to the site. it was in a magazine. Check out the site that shall not be named. Apparently Fiege says that the mcguffin from GotG will factor into Age of Ultron. Ultron, and an infinity gem?

Yeah you might :/ with ultron I don't expect an exact replica from the comics but I do expect him to be somewhat recognizable as Ultron.

Well thats pretty crappy. That teaser had me hoping they were gonna do the classic ultron

Not a fan of his mouth or face moving really. His classic look is great and with an awesome & sinister robot voice it'll feel even creepier and reinforce the fact that you're listening to a machine. Emote a bit with red glow from his eyes and let voice and body carry the rest.

Plus Spader's a good actor. Tony Daniels didn't need 3P0's mouth to move either.
I agree

:doh: Jesus people are already jumping into conclusions ugh. Joss said we'll see multiple versions of Ultron in the movie. I'm sure his classic design will be there, remember guys, Joss is a comic book nerd, he knows what fans want and not only that, that SDCC teaser showed the classic look as well. Stop jumping to conclusions.:whatever:

95.gif

Ultron's face is probably about as iconic as Thor's helmet and look what happened there.

That would be sufficient for me. I like to see strong nods to iconic things, unless it's something that just makes NO sense whatsoever in a modern/live action context. Thor's film did that, they gave the helmets a practical purpose and when that purpose was called upon, they used them, other than that, they didn't. It was cool, and it didn't say "Meh, iconic is for whiny fanboys!" or whatever. No, it's something to be cheered.

Thor-Asgard-Hall-Movie-Image-Wide-560x281.jpg

Last edited:
I hope the comic book Ultron face is the predominant one in the film, if there are to be different versions of him.

*the above is a desire/preference/opinion. You're sure as hell not going to change it by attacking or ridiculing it*

:doh: Jesus people are already jumping into conclusions ugh. Joss said we'll see multiple versions of Ultron in the movie. I'm sure his classic design will be there, remember guys, Joss is a comic book nerd, he knows what fans want

well, if that were true, Agents of SHIELD would be doing a lot better. but i agree with your overall point.

Didn't know you were going to go into semantics here. All right, sorry I wasn't clear about "pacifist" meaning in the sense of one who is opposed to war and militarism. Tony can still kick as much ass as he wants; he just doesn't have any use for armies or wars anymore.

facing his own mortality might be all that's needed to change his mind. Stark might see himself as necessary to the safeguarding of the planet; with someone like Thanos on the horizon. so maybe he attempts to live on through an artificial hero; just as smart as himself. it's what happened in the comics (A-Next Universe).

Nope. Firefighters, policemen, and EMTs are considered "heroes" because they lay their life on the line to save other people's lives; 911 operators save lives, too, but their work is not generally considered "heroic" because there is no risk assumed on their part. When Tony r/c's a drone, he's in that same boat --- i.e., he's not risking his life in that situation, so his work can hardly be considered "heroic" there.

then rewind to the attack on his home. he clearly and unflinchingly risks his own life to protect Pepper. he envelops her in the armor; as bullets whiz around his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"